03-10-17 Switching it up

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

suranae

Re: 03-10-17 Switching it up

Post by suranae »

I've always wondered why they just don't hire a shipping fulfillment company to mail the Kickstarter books.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Well if nothing ever changes in this comic I guess I can give up hope on somewhere Sonya finally snaps and decks Zii.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Fairy Glade's Fairy wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:30 am
Gary never was crabby, pushy, bossy, judgemental, pettish, grouchy, compulsively voyeuristic, a scrounger, a grudgebaby, a loudmouth, and a dozen more bad traits......
Gary's one ruling trait is: being kindhearted & unselfish & obliging & meek to the doormat point... that's all him... the opposite of the SDB girl!
Okay, there are personality differences. (Though Gary had a voyeuristic streak to begin with, before he lost what little personality he started with.) But they’re both introverts who started out as repressed virgins, and who sometimes called other cast members out on their morally dubious self-deluding bullshit. They also both tended to be treated as the butts of a lot of gags. So they had very similar plot functions.

The big difference is that Gary was written from the first, as you say, as a “nice guy” (and as consciously wanting to get laid), so he was largely incapable of pushing back when dumb crap happened to him and the rest of the cast exploited him. Ruby, on the other hand, has a spine, and had to discover for herself what she wanted, so she could actually play a dynamic role in the story. Which makes her far more interesting.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I know this is all water under the bridge by now, but I'm with Spidrift on the whole "butt" thing... Stating that 99.9% of all straight males "would rather kill than be sodomized" is a very North Korean number. :P Sounds like anyone who does love butt stuff or at least does not go into kill mode is simply kicked out of the straight list, making me wonder who those 0.1% even are...

I also think - personally, at least - there's a big difference between a guy being topped by another guy, and a guy taking it up the rear by a girl with a strap-on.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)