Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

30-09-17 I can destroy him

Post by Giz »

Spidrift

Re: 30-09-17 I can destroy him

Post by Spidrift »

So - we have an idiot who can't bring himself to explain the simple truth, even though the plot has never given him any good reason not to, and a woman who's so pissed off about the insult to her vanity that she's launching some as-yet-unexplained cunning plan that seems likely to humiliate both her boyfriend and a good friend at work to whom she owes a favour or two.

Idiot plotting at its highest, with Ma3's peculiar love of threatening its male characters' anuses as a bonus. And James would do best to enter a monastery.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

LarsenSan continues to disapprove of this plotline. :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

*sigh* And things ended so strongly back at in Chapter 9. I didn't think we needed anymore dumb hijinks from these two. Hell I thought Tracy was more sensible than this.

Sorry, Giz, but I can't give this particular strip a positive review. I'd have preferred if you picked up with any of the hanging story threads in the last chapter.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Perhaps too early to call it a "motif," but seems like food and conserves may become a recurring gag in this side story...?

Gary going the roundabout way is obviously how he would *cough* handle the awkward dilemma, but it clearly never works - or if it does, it doesn't in these kind of "situations." Seriously, have very little sympathy for Gary's faux "polite" path of trying to avoid these; one would hope, by now, he could be slightly more direct... or at least tell Tracy that he faked the bj (though, maybe he believes that would make her feel worse?). Granted, it needs to be this way for the simplest route to a comedy of errors...

Perhaps we do need a light-hearted and arguably silly/stupid subplot to ease back from the high tension from previous volume's closing arc, but I'd like to know a bit more of exactly how the drama panned out (did Gary stay neutral? How did Zii most likely run away from Peggy's truth attacks? Etc.).

Tracy is looking stunning again (even clothed. Heh), and - in my amateur fashion opinion, anyway - the outfit is really stylish.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah... I mean, I honestly don't mind the idea of a light relief story after the high drama, with a bit of hanging suspense, but Ma3 can do light relief so much better than this. The definition of an idiot plot is one that depends on everyone involved acting like an idiot, and here we have one.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:11 am
So - we have an idiot who can't bring himself to explain the simple truth, even though the plot has never given him any good reason not to, and a woman who's so pissed off about the insult to her vanity that she's launching some as-yet-unexplained cunning plan that seems likely to humiliate both her boyfriend and a good friend at work to whom she owes a favour or two.

Idiot plotting at its highest, with Ma3's peculiar love of threatening its male characters' anuses as a bonus. And James would do best to enter a monastery.
Yeah, I know we can't have Gary being "strong-willed," but you'd think - if by the simple fact he is no longer a virgin in any regard - he could have the guts to refuse an undesirable sexual encounter. Maybe rule of 2 or 3? That is, he will come clean next or up the ante again, which will be similarly called, then confess... Or up the ante and go through with it because joke.

Tracy's personality seems to have been torpedoed since her debut; she appeared like a really nice person, who - no more than any other character of note - has her kinks, but was overall a nice enough friend that Gary liked the idea of dating her (if possible). Perhaps the writers didn't want Tracy and Peggy to be too similar, so they boosted Peggy's sex drive and made Tracy obstinate and bitchy to the point of absurdity ... At least stupid James' curiosity to experiment being hampered by some weird sanctimony has stayed consistent? Aha...

"Get thee to a nunnery." Right?

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:37 am
Yeah... I mean, I honestly don't mind the idea of a light relief story after the high drama, with a bit of hanging suspense, but Ma3 can do light relief so much better than this. The definition of an idiot plot is one that depends on everyone involved acting like an idiot, and here we have one.
Yeah, I agree.
Here's hoping they're setting us up for a subversion?

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

So the comedy of errors is now pushing three people into a sex act that not a single person involved is wants to do and no one has a reason to not say "OK, enough's enough, I'm not cool with this".

Tracy doesn't want a threesome with Gary. Gary doesn't want a threesome with James. And James isn't ok with Gary putting it in his butt.

And, everyone involved knows some of this information. And AND it is predicated on the premise that James won't let his gorgeous girlfriend suck his dick, even though he's got one that actually doesn't mind breathing through her nose for a few minutes.

Huh.

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

... okay, i Gary's defense, the Universe IS aligned against him...

Let this be a lesson boys and girls... DO stick to the truth first time up, that might save you from a lot of embaressment later on when the Universe gets its revenge...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Gary, your bluff. It has been called. :ymdevil:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

This plot line is 1000x better than the wrestling one. I like it. Not sure why y'all are so frustrated that Ma3 is being written like . . . Ma3.

It's interesting that James who doesn't identify as bi was open minded to allow a guy to perform a sex act on him and now wants it again from the same guy because it felt so good. Maybe this is a growth arc for him. Or maybe it's intended as a growth arc for the readers. Heh.

On the other hand, Gary, who also doesn't identify as bi, loves being pegged but hasn't considered allowing a guy to do that to him. And Matt, who is openly bi, only bottoms for girls.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Hey Gary, remember that thing she told you about being brave for 5 seconds? This is the time to practice it.

I really hope that at some point we get some sort of explanation from Gary as to why he is so unwilling to tell anyone "no".
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:39 am
At least stupid James' curiosity to experiment being hampered by some weird sanctimony has stayed consistent? Aha...
I don't get the impression he has a moral objection to anal sex here; he just feels defensive of his arse's tenderness. Hey, I can relate.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:39 am
"Get thee to a nunnery." Right?
I didn't have that in mind particularly. It's just that an enclosed community with no sex could seem like a good idea after a few frames of this.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:46 am
Here's hoping they're setting us up for a subversion?
I'd be nice, but they've already used broad-spectrum stupidity to get the plot underway.
Hogan wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:59 am
Let this be a lesson boys and girls... DO stick to the truth first time up, that might save you from a lot of embaressment later on when the Universe gets its revenge...
I wouldn't mind so much if Gary had ever had any sort of reason to start lying in the first place.
christopheftw wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:07 am
This plot line is 1000x better than the wrestling one. I like it. Not sure why y'all are so frustrated that Ma3 is being written like . . . Ma3.
Yes, Ma3 always teeters on the edge of being driven by character stupidity. But here, it's tipped over into sheer face-palm-inducing idiocy.
christopheftw wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:07 am
It's interesting that James who doesn't identify as bi was open minded to allow a guy to perform a sex act on him and now wants it again from the same guy because it felt so good. Maybe this is a growth arc for him. Or maybe it's intended as a growth arc for the readers. Heh.

On the other hand, Gary, who also doesn't identify as bi, loves being pegged but hasn't considered allowing a guy to do that to him. And Matt, who is openly bi, only bottoms for girls.
People are complicated and messy. (And Matt has bottomed with Senna, define that how you wish - I don't think he has many limits if push comes to shove, he just tends to end up playing the dominant role in gay encounters because he's kind of alpha.) But I get the impression that this comic rates a guy who's being blown by another guy as not-exactly-gay. Remember that Gary has received a blowjob from Matt (in one of the bonus stories), and still seems to be hanging onto his straight self-image.
---------
Spidrift

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:25 am
Perhaps we do need a light-hearted and arguably silly/stupid subplot to ease back from the high tension from previous volume's closing arc, but I'd like to know a bit more of exactly how the drama panned out (did Gary stay neutral? How did Zii most likely run away from Peggy's truth attacks? Etc.).
It seemed like Peggy said pretty much everything, neither her or Zii really needed Garys opinion on that matter and Gary sure did not look like he wants to join the drama.
Speaking of Zii, it is going to be interesting to find out where she lives at the moment - I am pretty sure Peggy is not surrendering her new room.

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:17 am
And Matt has bottomed with Senna, define that how you wish - I don't think he has many limits if push comes to shove, he just tends to end up playing the dominant role in gay encounters because he's kind of alpha.
I dont think Senna really counts... :D
Last edited by uzivatel on Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.