30-09-17 I can destroy him

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Milnoc

Re: 30-09-17 I can destroy him

Post by Milnoc »

Oh, goody! Gary gets to do to James what Peggy's been doing to Gary! :))

KaedeKisaragi

Post by KaedeKisaragi »

I get the feeing that the punchline to this storyline is that Tracy's boyfriend is an "Oprah Gay".

Which in hindsight means he has a very low opinion of gays. Which means he doesn't really respect Gary as much as Gary's ability to BJ.

Tracy, dump this asshole. Now. Our Gary needs you more :)

Random Passer By

Post by Random Passer By »

Well Gary, you're gonna have to swap that peanut butter for some Brando butter...

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Gary, you witless buffoon. Deflect. Refuse. But for the love of sanity, DO NOT ESCALATE!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gary has probably been watching the new Trek series. He’s gone for the Vulcan Hello option.

But he’s still a witless buffoon.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

The stupid...it burns! At least this isn't the wrestling subplot but they are many other hanging plot threads that I would like to see the comic focus on instead.

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

I used to be like Gary once, too afraid of hurting someone's feelings by telling them off (mind you, it wasn't about sex at all though) when I was asked to do something that inconvenienced me the most. If anyone ever asked me to do anything and I didn't have a good excuse not do it, I agreed to do it.

It was at the end of my teenage years when I finally grew a spine and finally started telling people when what they asked was something I didn't want to do reasons be damned. I was wibbly wobbly at first but have grown into a confident and assertive man over the years and am much happier for it. And didn't get into a fight or hurt anyone's feelings either. Go figure.

So I hope this chapter is where Gary finds his spine and finally starts being honest with himself and others.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

We can only hope, Walrus.

brasca

Post by brasca »

So the butt-monkey has become the butt-monker

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:41 pm
Gary has probably been watching the new Trek series. He’s gone for the Vulcan Hello option.

Meh. I prefer Star Trek: Renegades over Discovery. Wish the networks would have picked it up.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:41 pm

Gary pragmatically accepted the violent nature of his adversaries and met strength with strength until they accepted his right to exist?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Nope. That, he did not do. Instead, he bluffed on an empty hand....

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gil Hamilton wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:42 pm
Gary pragmatically accepted the violent nature of his adversaries and met strength with strength until they accepted his right to exist?
Replace “violent” with “sex-crazed” and “strength” with “perversity” and, well, that’s roughly what he tried to do. However, he failed to ask himself how many Vulcan ships got blown to crap before that worked and oh god why am I doing this it’s not like I’m a Trekkie?
Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:45 pm
Nope. That, he did not do. Instead, he bluffed on an empty hand....
Which is also true from that angle. Stretching the metaphor slightly, he was dumb to do that because he had nothing much in the pot to start with and no need for a big win.

(A Russian would presumably say that he offered a queen sacrifice that was made to look like a trap, but didn’t actually set a trap first, and has now traded his queen for a knight...)
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

I'm getting a strong vibe that James is a closeted male-leaning bisexual. Am I wrong?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Weird rule of the setting, apparently; a guy receiving oral from another guy isn’t gay. All James wants is good oral sex, whereas he doesn’t want another guy doing stuff to his butt. And he has an enthusiastic sex life with a woman. Therefore, probably not gay, and if significantly bi, looks like he’s more on the hetero side. So I think you’re wrong.

By the rules of the setting. Don’t ask me to justify those rules.

By the way, I’ve been reading this strip as “James said no, Tracy went back to Gary with a lie about him saying yes for some deranged reason of her own”. But I’ve just realised that panel 3 could be Tracy saying “take it or leave it”, and panel 4 being her delivering the news that James wants that blowjob so bad that he said yes anyway. (Which makes James more stupid and Tracy a bit less.) How are other people reading it?
---------
Spidrift