30-09-17 I can destroy him

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Suntiger

Re: 30-09-17 I can destroy him

Post by Suntiger »

Gary, Gary, Gary... You don't up the ante unless you're prepared to actually go there. =)) =))

rakedan

Post by rakedan »

*cries in the corner because of Gary's spineless way to refuse the threesome invitation*
An idiot on internet with memory problem.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Are you upset by his spinelessness or because he doesn't want to join in?

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

I think we need to go back to Maechris' post in the previous thread about Gary's likely reason (such as it is) for not outright turning this down (besides general lack of spine).
Maechris wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:36 pm
LarsenSan wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:17 pm
Seriously, is it really so hard for Gary at this point to say to Tracy "I'm straight!"?
Is he, though?
If Sonya's dramasexual, Gary has strong signs of still being desperaphiliac or however his condition could be termed.

Remember he actually got into pegging to practice to get banged by a guy to turn Zii on, or something along these lines, originally.

It's THAT bad.
In other words what's likely happening here is Gary really wants to get naked with Tracy, but can't figure out a way to do it without the boyfriend being involved. He doesn't have the social skills to seduce Tracy away from James or even into having him as a side piece, so he'll likely put up with a threesome unless Tracy herself calls a halt to the proceedings (or figures out a creative way for him to be there but not involved).

Remember, Gary has not seduced any of the women he's had sex with. Far as he's concerned, they all inexplicably decided to jump him for reasons known only to them. He probably feels he's riding a wave of good luck that could end at any time, and so can't afford to turn down any sexual opportunities that come his way. Even if another dude is involved.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Maechris wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 5:36 pm
LarsenSan wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:17 pm
Seriously, is it really so hard for Gary at this point to say to Tracy "I'm straight!"?
Is he, though?
If Sonya's dramasexual, Gary has strong signs of still being desperaphiliac or however his condition could be termed.
You totally made me think of this 'Basic Instructions' strip:

Desperaphiliac, I like the word. Perfect for Gary's condition. Desperate and ready to do anything. He's not a virgin anymore, and in fact you could say he's got now more sex experience than most guys out there, both in quantity (dozens of sexual partners, both male and female) and quality (plain vanilla intercourse, giving cunnilingus, getting blowjobs, getting pegged, threesomes, foursomes, joining the mile-high club...), but he still has the mindset of the unwilling celibate he used to be.

Funny to think that, even if things get to the point where he actually has to sodomize James, well, hey, it's not such a big deal -- after all, it wouldn't be his first time "anally destroying" another man. (Damn shame he was so drunk that other time, he forgot everything after sobering up.)
Last edited by Vitocap on Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Really annoyed with Tracy in this. It's clear she doesn't want Gary to be giving James another BJ; but - for whatever reason - she can't deny the douche. it being his Bday wish is a BS excuse; and Gary - by no means - has any obligation to comply with it. In the end, Tracy is just as spineless as Gary when it comes to refusing James' idea; even if she's very clearly against it.

And why is she pissed at Gary when James decides that getting another BJ from Gary is worth getting his butt plowed in exchange?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

themacnut wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:18 pm
In other words what's likely happening here is Gary really wants to get naked with Tracy, but can't figure out a way to do it without the boyfriend being involved. He doesn't have the social skills to seduce Tracy away from James or even into having him as a side piece, so he'll likely put up with a threesome unless Tracy herself calls a halt to the proceedings (or figures out a creative way for him to be there but not involved).

Remember, Gary has not seduced any of the women he's had sex with. Far as he's concerned, they all inexplicably decided to jump him for reasons known only to them. He probably feels he's riding a wave of good luck that could end at any time, and so can't afford to turn down any sexual opportunities that come his way. Even if another dude is involved.
Honestly, I reckon that’s over-thinking it. Gary is simply exactly as spineless as the plot and joke of the week require - which in cases such as this is insanely, utterly spineless, because logic is for wimps.

We can all think of ways by which he could have got out of this one - and still could - without even admitting to the trick last time round. But he won’t. Because buttsex chaos blowjob gay panic hilarious.
Fluffy wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:18 pm
And why is she pissed at Gary when James decides that getting another BJ from Gary is worth getting his butt plowed in exchange?
To be fair to her, I don’t think she is. She’s just angry at the stupid situation in which her boyfriend and her misguided sense of honour have placed her, and she’s one of those people who can’t help expressing her anger, very visibly, to everyone in sight. She hasn’t yelled in Gary’s face or anything; she’s just wandered around with a face like thunder, complaining. She actually listened to and accepted Gary’s first attempt at a solution, after all.

People like that aren’t exactly unknown in real life; they’re pretty much the norm in comics, because it keeps things simple.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:46 pm
Gary is simply exactly as spineless as the plot and joke of the week require - which in cases such as this is insanely, utterly spineless, because logic is for wimps.
*Sigh* You're right of course, I keep forgetting that Gary is more plot device than character. Especially during story arcs like this, when most hetero guys would've solved the problem with a quick "I don't swing that way, sorry." or an even quicker "Oh hell no!"

Neither of those phrases or anything remotely like them will ever come out of Gary's mouth.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

He doesn't even go for the very simple route of asking Tracy how she feels about it, and letting her displeasure serve as his reason to refuse.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:46 pm
Honestly, I reckon that’s over-thinking it. Gary is simply exactly as spineless as the plot and joke of the week require - which in cases such as this is insanely, utterly spineless, because logic is for wimps.
Like I said two threads ago: It's the Rule of Funny. It's a long-standing feature in this comic, for better or for worse, and I'm afraid the worse part is now in full swing. Gary's backbone or lack thereof, Zii's self-control, DiDi's general competence etc. all exist at the mercy of a vicious, determined gag mill that develops punchlines and stories for the sake of weekly jokes, sometimes at the expense of quality and most often at the expense of common sense.

Why? Because that's the kind of comic we're reading.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

We now return you to your scheduled program Digging Yourself Deeper, headlining the milquetoast Gary Whatsislastnameanyways.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:44 pm
Like I said two threads ago: It's the Rule of Funny. It's a long-standing feature in this comic, for better or for worse, and I'm afraid the worse part is now in full swing. Gary's backbone or lack thereof, Zii's self-control, DiDi's general competence etc. all exist at the mercy of a vicious, determined gag mill that develops punchlines and stories for the sake of weekly jokes, sometimes at the expense of quality and most often at the expense of common sense.
Rule of Funny does indeed govern, sometimes to an annoying extent, in this comic, but at least with other characters, it generates some kind of personality. Zii is irresponsible because watching her run away from the consequences of her actions is funny, but we can rationally speculate how she got like that, and hope that she might improve as a person one day. Jung is a snarker because snark is funny, but it also gives him a certain enviable geek cool; a lot of us know and like people like him. Even DiDi, whose comedy schtick is her monstrous self-absorbtion, is a unique and peculiar creature in her way.

But Gary’s joke is that he’s a passive dork with no initiative. He’s a black hole on the page. Which is quite dangerous in a series protagonist. It’s lucky for the comic that other characters look like actual interesting people.
Osaru Sensei wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:22 pm
We now return you to your scheduled program Digging Yourself Deeper, headlining the milquetoast Gary Whatsislastnameanyways.
Thompson.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:31 pm
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:44 pm
Rule of Funny does indeed govern, sometimes to an annoying extent, in this comic, but at least with other characters, it generates some kind of personality. Zii is irresponsible because watching her run away from the consequences of her actions is funny, but we can rationally speculate how she got like that, and hope that she might improve as a person one day. Jung is a snarker because snark is funny, but it also gives him a certain enviable geek cool; a lot of us know and like people like him. Even DiDi, whose comedy schtick is her monstrous self-absorbtion, is a unique and peculiar creature in her way.

But Gary’s joke is that he’s a passive dork with no initiative. He’s a black hole on the page. Which is quite dangerous in a series protagonist. It’s lucky for the comic that other characters look like actual interesting people.
Well, that is true, but a main character without much personality isn't always a deal-killer. People don't play Final Fantasy XII to examine the story of the tagalong kids Vaan and Penelo, they play it for Balthier, the Fantasy Han Solo whose coolness, dry wit and charisma lend credence to his common claims of being "the leading man" (even if he is supposed to be a supporting character, but even then), complete with a sexy, snarky bunny-girl instead of a walking 70's haircut as his sidekick.

Alas, we don't really have anyone like Balthier in this comic. We have some sane people, but it's just not the same. *sigh*

sparky

Post by sparky »

Ah, James. The only character who makes Didi look smart. Gawd, I hope that she doesn't break up with Zii for a permanent relationship with him. Imagine what their kids would be like? #-o

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

The idea of a threesome from James is actually a little awkward now that I think of it. If he is truly committed to Tracy, the possibility of adding another person to their sex life might jeopardize things. Is James intending to be the only one to get to touch/have sex with Tracy? If James is OK with sharing himself with another, and Tracy is Ok with that, where is the disconnect in his brain that BJs are demeaning but sharing himself with two lovers isn't? Tracy is willing to share her lover with another?!? She obviously digs him, so why not allow her to please him her way? It's just too much for me to handle. He's just a plot device to mess up/with Gary. Come to think of it, so is Tracy, since she can't manage to get a handle on her affairs with her man... and I am sure will find some sort of way to blame Gary for her lack of setting boundaries.

I don't fault James for being bi-curious. Gary did it to himself getting that damnable grapefruit involved.

There aren't many Gary-style ways for him to get out of this threesome. I hope that Peggy helps to bolster him OR give him advice to get out of the threesome, since as many have pointed out, she has a great sane mind. However the power of the script is strong with this story, so I don't see that he will. He could always ask Matt to step in for him, but I have a feeling that Gary might just borrow the Black Stallion if he doesn't want to actually do the insertion physically himself. I can envision Gary is his cheekless chaps with the giant strap-on. Although if the trend continues as is, James will love getting the backdoor action and Gary will be even more in trouble. Argh. The stupidity of the situation hurts. b-(

Repeating because it requires it: Tracy needs to tell James about her cam-girl show, and enlighten him to her real talents. If he balks, it wasn't meant to be. I also hope that if they do go into BDSM threesome mode that she doesn't broadcast it, legal reasons aside.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.