28-09-17 Who is the girl you wanna ask - Vol 10 begins

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: 28-09-17 Who is the girl you wanna ask - Vol 10 begins

Post by samtheman »

Once again Gary is being asked to do something he doesn't want to do but he'll do it anyway because he's Gary.

As for the bookend, who knows. And unless Giz herself confirms that this is the final volume I'm not convinced this is the final volume. If it is indeed the final volume a lot of subplots will probably remain unresolved. Gary will probably still get paired off with someone though with my prediction being 90 percent chance with Yuki and a 10 percent chance with Zii.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

I fear this is the menage a 3 that gives the comic its name... and it would be a reaaaaaally dissapointing ending. Seriously, is it really so hard for Gary at this point to say to Tracy "I'm straight!"?

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Remember, last time these two sprang something similar on him, he didn’t just say “no”, because he is Gary, but he didn’t actually do the deed as defined either, because wacky and implausible stunt with grapefruit ha ha. So we’ll quite likely get another wacky and implausible stunt this time.
samtheman wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:09 pm
And unless Giz herself confirms that this is the final volume I'm not convinced this is the final volume.
Giz wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:01 pm
We're now thinking 10 volumes. If that's the case, that means we have about one volume to go as we're about to finish volume 9. We might go further if we think we need to, but I think 10 might be it. This doesn't mean we'll never do anything with these characters again though. We have ideas for one shots and what not. We might also do mini series about specific characters. We'll see though. Oddly enough, whenever I get back to Sticky Dilly Buns, that series might continue past Ma3.
So we shouldn’t be treating this as a certainty, but frankly I think that’s where the smart money would go.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

RemoWilliams

Post by RemoWilliams »

As long as we're talking about Gary, I have a random question.

How many of you would like to see a cameo from Eerie Cuties or Magick Chicks with the end result of Lita getting turned human? So far, she's the sole female who seems to understand and appreciate Gary the most and I'd like to see the two together.

Sorry for interrupting the current discussion, but the thought intruded and I couldn't shake it loose.

Remo Williams,

The Master of Sinanju.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

New volume (yay) and maybe last (boo).

The final volume will hopefully give Gary a little bit of a spine, probably in him being able to determine exactly what it is that he's wanting for a partner and aiming for such. As with life, and particularly Gary, there will be obstacles and detours. This has been a journey of his sexual identity, spiced up by the characters around him. I was a little concerned with Tracy/James being here, but they are a plot thread that needs to be tied off so that Gary can continue to his inevitable destination. He doesn't get satisfaction from lusting after Tracy, and he doesn't want to have male/male sex with a guy he barely knows (and is squeamish at best with Matt, his tutor). As far as that goes it makes sense to start here and progress through the rest of the cast, since other than James's 'white knight' mentality Tracy & James are a couple. I suppose if Gary were to get roped into a threesome, he could get Matt to go in his place disguised in a gimp-suit? And I agree: Tracy does need to let Jame into her cam-girl world, for honesty's sake.

As far as book ends, I could envision Yuki or Zii or Peggy laying atop Gary enjoying their afterglow. Final panel is Gary in exclamation and the female announcing to Gary that she is pregnant with his child, and the woman being not so happy with his reaction. If in the final volume people go their separate ways to be with their 'happy places' and Gary only has one other in the apartment, that would make a 'household of three' again. It is cliche enough, and a natural consequence for insane amounts of casual (and oftentimes unprotected) sex. Plus it would be a good way to have those characters 'grow up' and out of the traditional Ma3 scenarios should that be the creative team's desire.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Dillon and Ruby would have a couple of things to say about this development.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

RemoWilliams wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 2:11 pm
How many of you would like to see a cameo from Eerie Cuties or Magick Chicks ...
No.
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:03 pm
The final volume will hopefully give Gary a little bit of a spine, probably in him being able to determine exactly what it is that he's wanting for a partner and aiming for such. As with life, and particularly Gary, there will be obstacles and detours.
The large problem with ending this comic a couple of volumes earlier than originally intended is that characters like Gary and DiDi, who were having enough problems showing any kind of meaningful character development on the original timescale, may now have to be dragged through implausibly accelerated development in this one volume. Which hardly leaves scope for many detours.
worldshaking00 wrote:
This has been a journey of his sexual identity, spiced up by the characters around him.
I don't see much of a journey on his part. He started as Gary the Nebbish and looks set to end as Gary the Nebbish. The biggest character development has been Sonya's; the big outstanding issue which could just about plausibly be fixed in the time available is having Zii gain a sense of responsibility for her own actions.
worldshaking00 wrote:
As far as that goes it makes sense to start here and progress through the rest of the cast, since other than James's 'white knight' mentality Tracy & James are a couple.
Let's get this straight; Tracy and James are a good-looking pair with shared interests who clearly like each other, and have excellent sex. And yet, the fact that he has a slightly over-developed and misdirected sense of respect for her somehow stops them being "a couple"?
worldshaking00 wrote:
I suppose if Gary were to get roped into a threesome, he could get Matt to go in his place disguised in a gimp-suit?
But is even Matt as satisfying a source of fellatio as a grapefruit?

Actually, a more economical solution would be a quick blindfold trick and then let Tracy supply the services which she's aching to provide.
Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 3:19 pm
Dillon and Ruby would have a couple of things to say about this development.
Uh, which one?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

About a guy "being turned" so he "suddenly" wants to add men to his sexual menu.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Wait, this is the last of M3? :/ Thought this one was supposed to be doing good.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

hey what is this with Gary and Tracy? where's the scene with Zii waking up and realizing that it was only a dream about Sonya joining Angel's band?? :(
I cry foul!!!

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

So, who are these people again?

Just kidding.

But I had seriously forgotten the whole Gary Gapefruit story.

When I saw the comic, for the first instant my eyes focused on the last panel, registering: Gary and Tracy, and even unfocused it is clear the first three panels show a naked Tracy, and... og, James. That fucker. L-)

So, yeah, I do echo Spidrift here. This was totally unexpected and one must wonder what all they want to press into this possibly last volume... We just got left with Sonya's Revenge (Pirates of the Carribean 6), and there's the whole wrestling mess, and, and, and...
worldshaking00 wrote:
As far as book ends, I could envision Yuki or Zii or Peggy laying atop Gary enjoying their afterglow. Final panel is Gary in exclamation and the female announcing to Gary that she is pregnant with his child, and the woman being not so happy with his reaction.
Nooooooo! That was EXACTLY my thought as well!! Unrealistic, I know, but it's the first thing that popped into my mind.
worldshaking00 wrote:
insane amounts of casual (and oftentimes unprotected) sex
God, THIS again??? 8-| It's been stated often enough that these people perform safter sex. It was shown at least once directly (Gary's first time with Kiley), Giz has made statements about it, and frankly, it's booooring to show people using a condom, or a girl taking her pill regularly, every time there is some nookie!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Here's some food for thought:

Indie bands are not just about the sound, they are also about eye candy. Angel's band already had the pretty boys, and now, with the addition of a stunning sexy bombshell as their bassist, they got all the bases covered. That band is bound to be a hit. Zii's band, on the other hand, is right now sorely lacking in the looks department: after Sonya quit, all they have left is a couple of cute tomboys, certainly not enough to appeal to the wider audiences. They need to replace Sonya quick, and I don't mean with Izzy; they need the most devastatingly gorgeous looker they can find, to compete on equal foot with Angel's team.

With that in mind, I leave y'all these two questions:

1) How long will it take one Désirée Chastel to learn the bass guitar well enough to play in her snugglemuffin's band?

2) What will the said lady do when the band's big chance, the concert that can net Zii a recording contract with a major label, turns out to be scheduled exactly on the same day & hour as her debut wrestling match as Roxie's trusted aide? Image
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Gary will never grow a spine. Being spineless does not stop him from getting laid, even if it's not as often and not exactly as he'd like. This new romp with Tracy and James will most likely end up either with a blindfolded James being blown by Tracy after all while Gary sneaks out, or it turns out that Gary is bi after all, and was just hesitant to come out of the proverbial closet. Which will probably be much to Tracy's disgust as she'll now have to share her boyfriend with another man.

As for Zii, I predict music stardom will continue to elude her, since once again her own actions have sabotaged her prospects, chasing away her hot bassist who will be virtually impossible to replace. She will lose that chance to Angel's band, but at least she'll get to go home to her snugglemuffin DiDI...whose clingly and dim-witted ways she'll start to find increasingly annoying, thus starting her once again considering running for the hills.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Bambikles

Post by Bambikles »

Uhh, James et Tracy again, the plotline that I dislike the most. The grapefruit, so stupid. :-Q
Hope it will last the shortest amount of time possible.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

themacnut wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:59 pm
Gary will never grow a spine. Being spineless does not stop him from getting laid, even if it's not as often and not exactly as he'd like. This new romp with Tracy and James will most likely end up either with a blindfolded James being blown by Tracy after all while Gary sneaks out, or it turns out that Gary is bi after all, and was just hesitant to come out of the proverbial closet. Which will probably be much to Tracy's disgust as she'll now have to share her boyfriend with another man.

As for Zii, I predict music stardom will continue to elude her, since once again her own actions have sabotaged her prospects, chasing away her hot bassist who will be virtually impossible to replace. She will lose that chance to Angel's band, but at least she'll get to go home to her snugglemuffin DiDI...whose clingly and dim-witted ways she'll start to find increasingly annoying, thus starting her once again considering running for the hills.
Let's think about this: First time she hired Yuki for the wrong reasons, as she was reaching stardom, Yuki's condition destroyed the band (to be fair Zii didn't know about this... EDIT: I re-read that, and she did know, another point against Zii), and her clingyness made Zii run away...

Cut to the beginning of this comic when Zii finds herself in Gary's apartment...

Then time passes, she redoes the band with Erik, she hires Sonya, then Zii's infatuation with Didi ruins her relationship with Erik, and now makes Sonya quit, this could destroy the band again, and now Didi's clingyness could make Zii run away again...

Cut to the end of this comic???

I should add this to my list of "Find out next time"
Last edited by rogermart on Fri Sep 29, 2017 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...