Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 26-09-17 Your luck just changed - end of book 9

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:37 pm
Ophelianime wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:58 pm
Angel: Yeah, I have boy and girl parts. I suppose that shocks you?
I'm pretty sure Angel is girl parts only. Angel is gender fluid, not transgender like Senna, or even intersex like Ramona (who, if I understood it correctly, was at first glance, and without a CAT scan, also girl parts only).
That’s my strong impression too.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:51 pm
She let Zii and Jung dress her up in revealing clothes and bunny ears on stage. She's pretty clearly comfortable objectifying herself if it distracts people and makes them underestimate her while she gets inside their guard -- and the emphasis here would be on "electric" more than "toy". (Meanwhile, the men in the band would be labeling themselves as mere pretty boys.) And as I recall, Cat Glover (high-rated choreographer, dancer, singer) used to appear on stage wearing a belt saying "Boy Toy", because, hey, working with the Purple Squiggle... Someone with the confidence can make this stuff ironic or treat the power relationships as complicated and reversible.
Sonya would let Zii get away with pretty much anything. With Angel things could be different and she may try to assert dominance :ymdevil:
Erik really is very laid-back; only a few minutes earlier, he'd been positively boasting about Zii's past lesbian activities. So I doubt that he'd criticise the orgy as such; it was surely Zii's participation in it, and especially her declared feelings for DiDi, that trashed their relationship.
He said she would be doing it, if he was not around. Hard to tell how literal that was, but yeah, he seems pretty open minded.
There's a mildly interesting question as to whether he knows that Angel has a raging hate-on for Zii, but if he does, he probably regards it as unfortunate but not a big issue.
He probably overheard the two talking, although Angel may act like an angel with Erik around.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

For those wondering:

Ramona is intersex. She has CAIS, she has a female phenotype but her genes are XY. Guess who else has it? Giz. She said on Twitter she came out publicly through Ramona

And Angel is female, she is gender-fluid but biologically she's a woman. That's why Jerzy is troubled.

That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:09 pm
Intriguing plot twist.
"Intriguing" is not what I would say. "Contrived" rather comes to mind. "Messy" and "phony" too. I suddenly wish we would move into another wrestling arc... I miss Maura and Tess and Roxie and their solid characterizations and plotlines...

The hell is this poppycock? An excuse to pile more humiliation on Sonya? As if she wasn't already hurt enough, when Angel reacts with "Eww, get away from me, you fente, I only dig hunky men!" she's really going to feel like shit. Even worse if Angel turns her down and doesn't let her join (hey, could happen). And what about Yuki? Sonya and Yuki had become good friends, the sort of friends who care about each other and help each other (like with the Matt business) -- but, oh, lookie: it seems Sonya didn't even talk to Yuki after Zii dumped her, she simply turned coat and went to Zii's (and Yuki's) archnemesis band. This is supposed to be in character for her? F*ck no. This is just bogus.

Something's deeply wrong with this development.

There are still so many stories unresolved, and only 150 strips left! This isn't the time to start a "war of the bands" arc! It really isn't going to help anything. I had high hopes for the last volume, but if it's going to take this route... ugh.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'd almost forgotten about Jacob.
And there he is again.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

Vitocap wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:33 pm
"Intriguing" is not what I would say. "Contrived" rather comes to mind. "Messy" and "phony" too. I suddenly wish we would move into another wrestling arc... I miss Maura and Tess and Roxie and their solid characterizations and plotlines...
I'm still don't buying it
I still think this is Zii's nightmare and she's going to wake up soon
Vitocap wrote:
The hell is this poppycock? An excuse to pile more humiliation on Sonya? As if she wasn't already hurt enough, when Angel reacts with "Eww, get away from me, you fente, I only dig hunky men!" she's really going to feel like shit.

:D ah that won't happen, Angel's heart gone babump means Sonya's seduction is working
Vitocap wrote:
Even worse if Angel turns her down and doesn't let her join (hey, could happen). And what about Yuki? Sonya and Yuki had become good friends, the sort of friends who care about each other and help each other (like with the Matt business) -- but, oh, lookie: it seems Sonya didn't even talk to Yuki after Zii dumped her, she simply turned coat and went to Zii's (and Yuki's) archnemesis band. This is supposed to be in character for her? F*ck no. This is just bogus.

Something's deeply wrong with this development.
I'm hoping against hope that the next few strips will be about Angel's band (with Sonya) becoming famous and releasing records that go gold and platinum, while Zii's career crumbles into dust..... and then Zii will wake up screaming and Didi will say 'tu were having the cauchemar horrible!'

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Honestly, anyone who thinks they know for sure where volume 10 will be going (and who isn’t part of the Pixietrix team) is fooling themselves. This could be the start of a baroque revenge plot that takes up half the volume, or we might not see Sonya or Angel again until three strips before the end, when we discover that they’ve been proving that success is the best revenge by building a serious career while Zii has been struggling to turn Izz into a decent guitarist. (A variant on that would export Sonya to a revived SDB as a new secondary character there... A sad fanboy can dream...) Zii banging Gary might be kept as a clumsy teasing joke that never happens, or it might be the climax of the volume. DiDi might grow the hell up, or might become a (naughty) nun. Whatever.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Ordra

Post by Ordra »

Man, recent talk reminded me all over again about all the shenanigans that went down when Zii and Erik were a thing.

Incidentally, behavior like what she displayed during that arc are why it's basically impossible for me to feel even the slightest bit of sympathy for Sonya. She's definitely the character I have the strongest distaste for.

If other characters crop up, it'll be interesting to see if Angel and that guy at the pet store went anywhere. Or even if something ended up happening with Erik. We know Angel is attracted to Erik. Outright considers him to be eye candy.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:34 pm
Honestly, anyone who thinks they know for sure where volume 10 will be going (and who isn’t part of the Pixietrix team) is fooling themselves. This could be the start of a baroque revenge plot that takes up half the volume, or we might not see Sonya or Angel again until three strips before the end, when we discover that they’ve been proving that success is the best revenge by building a serious career while Zii has been struggling to turn Izz into a decent guitarist. (A variant on that would export Sonya to a revived SDB as a new secondary character there... A sad fanboy can dream...) Zii banging Gary might be kept as a clumsy teasing joke that never happens, or it might be the climax of the volume. DiDi might grow the hell up, or might become a (naughty) nun. Whatever.
What I'm looking forward to most is the next comic coming up in 10 hours or so... Because if we really are only going to get 10 volumes, then THIS comic will mirror the very last Ma3 comic!

Laissez les bon speculations roulez!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Heav'n has no rage like love to hatred turn'd, Nor Hell a fury, like a woman scorn'd.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:57 am
Sorry, but you're still missing my point. No way is Sonya going to even try to look androgynous (and if Angel tries to make her, it'll crash this bad idea sooner than expected). His band clearly goes for the glam rock look, and Angel's androgyny fits with that fine, but there's more to the style than that.

I mean, you do remember classic glam rock style, don't you?
Roxy_Music.jpgStranded.jpg

I can well imagine Sonya hitting the stage in gowns that make her Troublemakers bunny-ears outfit look like a brown jute sack.
Pretty Boyz with Electric Toyz has a glam rock look about it so I suppose the band doesn't have to be androgynous and there is the possibility that Angel's band is undergoing some serious shakeups which might be a good excuse for a change. Perhaps Sonya might convince Angel to beat Zii at her own game by sexing things up a bit. Angel is gender fluid so she can be female when she wants to be and if revenge is the motivation I think she'd be agreeable to changing the band to to the Fallen Angels. The only thing that would make this cooler is if Angel's drummer, Sagacity and keyboardist, Largesse bear a striking resemblance to a pair of angels we've seen before. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ordra wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:02 pm
If other characters crop up, it'll be interesting to see if Angel and that guy at the pet store went anywhere. Or even if something ended up happening with Erik. We know Angel is attracted to Erik. Outright considers him to be eye candy.
Everyone in these comics rates as eye candy (except Eulice, obvs.). It's no big deal.

Anyhow, SDB had a nice little complicated love quadrangle going with Angel, Richie, Jerzy, and Dillon. (Which in turn had an obvious resolution whereby Angel could get the hell over her childhood fixation on Jerzy, and get on with building an adult relationship with Richie, while leaving Jerzy to his thing with Dilly-poos. But that would of course be far too easy.) There was even the twist whereby Zii had seen Angel with Richie. Which is why I think and definitely hope that Sonya does no more than flirt with Angel, because hanging SDB plots should be sacrosanct. But who knows?
---------
Spidrift

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Hanging SDB plots are as dead as hanging corpses on a Falluja bridge. Or as dead as this Norwegian Blue forum. Whichever analogy you prefer.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

And that's the last for the volume. Honestly, it took me a while to recognize angel. Unexpected turn of events, really wondering what will come of them.

Honestly, I'm kind of sad going into the last volume. I'm in an irritating position where I both want to see where everything is going, and also never want to get there. Ah well, such is life.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

uzivatel wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:21 am
Sonya is going to be a ... Pretty Boy?
It's just a name. Bare Naked Ladies doesn't have any bare naked ladies in the band.

Cinderella is also all dudes.