26-09-17 Your luck just changed - end of book 9

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Re: 26-09-17 Your luck just changed - end of book 9

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:33 am
ANGEL!!! SQUEE! :ymparty:
... I miss Angie.
rogermart wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:55 am
Will Gary ever bang Zii?
They will bang, but Zii will somehow be entirely immune to the Swirly-Go-Round™ and she will be majorly disappointed as a result.
rogermart wrote:
Will Zoe (from Sandra on the Rocks) appear in Montreal and smack some sense to these people? (hey a guy can dream)
A girl can dream too - more Wonder-Zoé to the people!
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:40 am
Seeing as how Angel needs a good bassist who happens to have mutual loathing for Zii Sonya is as good as in, but I still wonder if she can pull off the androgynous look.
She can wear costumes, and she can manage glamour just fine. Fitting her into the glam-rock aesthetic of Angel's band should be no problem. Just think of a few early Roxy Music covers, or Cat Glover on stage with Prince. In the grand scheme of things, the point is camp, not androgyny for its own sake.

(All of which said, it's also possible that we'll see some explosive style and ego clashes between Sonya and Angel. Sonya was happy to be a sideman in the Troublemakers because she didn't mind playing second fiddle to Zii. Now, she can let her ego run wild and free. It's quite possible that she'll happily go back to the Troublemakers, once she and Zii have patched things up a bit, because she can't actually get on with Angel. Mind you, Zii would then be wise to let her sing lead a bit more often.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

Aaahh that's the Sonya we know and love :)
Can't wait to see what comes next. Unfortunately this could mean that Yuki will see that move as a betrayal and that it'll create a rift between them. But that could lead to a very happy reconciliation when Yuki gets the full picture. Or not. We'll see.
Anyway, Zii is gonna really see the error of her ways now ^^

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:50 am
She can wear costumes, and she can manage glamour just fine.
Yes, indeed, and I REALLY want to see that :x
Last edited by AlexDenton on Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:50 am
brasca wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:40 am
Seeing as how Angel needs a good bassist who happens to have mutual loathing for Zii Sonya is as good as in, but I still wonder if she can pull off the androgynous look.
She can wear costumes, and she can manage glamour just fine. Fitting her into the glam-rock aesthetic of Angel's band should be no problem. Just think of a few early Roxy Music covers, or Cat Glover on stage with Prince. In the grand scheme of things, the point is camp, not androgyny for its own sake.
Perhaps, but Sonya's got a bigger bust than Angel's to bind. I'm not sure that can be done or Sonya is willing to go that far for revenge.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sorry, but you're still missing my point. No way is Sonya going to even try to look androgynous (and if Angel tries to make her, it'll crash this bad idea sooner than expected). His band clearly goes for the glam rock look, and Angel's androgyny fits with that fine, but there's more to the style than that.

I mean, you do remember classic glam rock style, don't you?
Roxy_Music.jpg
Roxy_Music.jpg (31.93 KiB) Viewed 9024 times
Stranded.jpg
Stranded.jpg (15.27 KiB) Viewed 9024 times
I can well imagine Sonya hitting the stage in gowns that make her Troublemakers bunny-ears outfit look like a brown jute sack.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

She can definitely pull that off. She has the attitude too. And the talent. And the love of drama ^^
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

rogermart wrote:
Now that we have 9 volumes and volume 10 will probably be the last, so i'm gonna do a cheesy good old fashioned "Find Out Next Time" for the strips to come...

[...]

Find out next time in Ma3...
Nice set of questions you got there :P

Let's see:

Will Sonya get her sweet revenge?
My gut feelings says no.

What will happen with Zii and Didi
They will pull through this hardship and live happily together ever-after. I do expect to see them both grow up from the experience.

Will Izz play the guitar while Zii plays the bass?
To be honest, I have no idea where they could be going with Izz's character. I somehow doubt she'd be any good for the band, though.

Will Gary ever bang Zii?
It's something we would expect, so I'd say no :P

Will Kiley and Matt be together again?
Will Yuki and Matt have a relationship?

It'd be a weird-ass relationship if all three ended up together at the same time, so I'm gonna go with yes & yes :)

Will Annie Conda bang Didi?
Will Maura pay Tess?
Will Didi be capable to play her part in Roxxie obtaining the belt?

Possibly.
No.
Yes, but probably not the way Roxxie would like - Mad Roxxie is usually fun to watch.

Will Peggy move out?
I'd love for her to stay around at least,

Will Erik appear again?
Possibly.

Will Senna appear again?
Seems unlikely to me, she doesn't have much connection with the cast at large.

Will Zoe (from Sandra on the Rocks) appear in Montreal and smack some sense to these people? (hey a guy can dream)
Heh, that's a dream I'd happily join :)
I'd be curious to see Giz's take on her.
It could be a funny extra strip kind of thing "What if Zoe came to live in the apartment ?"

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:57 am
Sorry, but you're still missing my point. No way is Sonya going to even try to look androgynous (and if Angel tries to make her, it'll crash this bad idea sooner than expected). His band clearly goes for the glam rock look, and Angel's androgyny fits with that fine, but there's more to the style than that.

I mean, you do remember classic glam rock style, don't you?
Roxy_Music.jpg
Stranded.jpg

I can well imagine Sonya hitting the stage in gowns that make her Troublemakers bunny-ears outfit look like a brown jute sack.
I dont see a big issue here either. Angel is after that glam metal look and I think the way Giselle draws Jem and the Holograms is already somewhat in-line with that.
The "boyz" thing could be somewhat weird, but I am sure there are some workarounds - Pretty Boyz and Sonya or - if the bass players are that hard to find - maybe even Sonya and the Pretty Boyz?
Anyway, Angels former bass player as shown in SDB: http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... ndly_terms

Wonder how Erik and Sonya are going to get along (provided Erik is Angels manager, you would expect him to be present during the auditions). Erik breaking up with Zii was mostly about Zii and Didi, but Sonya too was somewhat involved as far as he knows and she sure gave herself credit.
Then again Erik seems to be too cool for such drama and Sonya is unlikely to feel guilty - even after something similar happened to her.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

uzivatel wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 12:55 pm
The "boyz" thing could be somewhat weird, but I am sure there are some workarounds - Pretty Boyz and Sonya or - if the bass players are that hard to find - maybe even Sonya and the Pretty Boyz?
It’s currently “Pretty Boyz with Electric Toyz”, so no problem. Just dress Sonya in an electric-blue minidress and metallic makeup, and let her flirt visibly with the rest of the band on stage. Simple.
Anyway, Angels former bass player as shown in SDB: http://www.stickydillybuns.com/strips-s ... ndly_terms
One wonders if Angel needs a new bassist because he kept yelling at the old one...
Wonder how Erik and Sonya are going to get along (provided Erik is Angels manager, you would expect him to be present during the auditions). Erik breaking up with Zii was mostly about Zii and Didi, but Sonya too was somewhat involved as far as he knows and she sure gave herself credit.
Then again Erik seems to be too cool for such drama and Sonya is unlikely to feel guilty - even after something similar happened to her.
Erik does seem reliably laid back, and probably doesn’t know how implicated Sonya was in that little disaster - which was mostly about Zii’s passion for DiDi, so far as he knows. She didn’t say anything to his face, so far as we know; she didn’t have to, and she didn’t seem to hate him personally, so she wouldn’t have felt obliged to gloat.
---------
Spidrift

uzivatel

Post by uzivatel »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:20 pm
It’s currently “Pretty Boyz with Electric Toyz”, so no problem. Just dress Sonya in an electric-blue minidress and metallic makeup, and let her flirt visibly with the rest of the band on stage. Simple.

One wonders if Angel needs a new bassist because he kept yelling at the old one...
I am not sure Sonya would allow Angel to treat her like a toy ... or even make her look like one on stage. She is hot, has good vocals and she may as well be the best bass player Angel could hope to join his band.

I could be wrong, though (I usually am) and Angel may refuse her on the very next frame :)

Erik does seem reliably laid back, and probably doesn’t know how implicated Sonya was in that little disaster - which was mostly about Zii’s passion for DiDi, so far as he knows.
Sonya was naked in the same room with Zii and Didi during what looked like a lesbian orgy ... she deserves at least honourable mention.

Again, Erik may not even be the band manager.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

uzivatel wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:36 pm
I am not sure Sonya would allow Angel to treat her like a toy ... or even make her look like one on stage.
She let Zii and Jung dress her up in revealing clothes and bunny ears on stage. She's pretty clearly comfortable objectifying herself if it distracts people and makes them underestimate her while she gets inside their guard -- and the emphasis here would be on "electric" more than "toy". (Meanwhile, the men in the band would be labeling themselves as mere pretty boys.) And as I recall, Cat Glover (high-rated choreographer, dancer, singer) used to appear on stage wearing a belt saying "Boy Toy", because, hey, working with the Purple Squiggle... Someone with the confidence can make this stuff ironic or treat the power relationships as complicated and reversible.
uzivatel wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:36 pm
Sonya was naked in the same room with Zii and Didi during what looked like a lesbian orgy ... she deserves at least honourable mention.
(Not a use of "honourable" that would have been recognised through much of human history, but meh, that's history's loss.) Sonya wasn't with Zii at the point when Erik arrived, and, well, wasn't the one to whom Zii was swearing passionate love. Erik really is very laid-back; only a few minutes earlier, he'd been positively boasting about Zii's past lesbian activities. So I doubt that he'd criticise the orgy as such; it was surely Zii's participation in it, and especially her declared feelings for DiDi, that trashed their relationship.

There's a mildly interesting question as to whether he knows that Angel has a raging hate-on for Zii, but if he does, he probably regards it as unfortunate but not a big issue. As to his absence from this audition - maybe he's busy, and trusts Angel's musical judgement these days? Or he may just be out fetching coffees. Mostly, I reckon he's absence because he'd just clutter up the panel design if he was present.
---------
Spidrift

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

YAY! Angel's back! I'm hoping that means Dillion and Julian and Ruby are on the horizon!
On a seperate note, I would love to have Gary meet Angel, just because I think it would be hilarious.
Angel: Yeah, I have boy and girl parts. I suppose that shocks you?
Gary: Actually . . . . I once dated a girl like that.
And then Dillian bursts in and pulls Gary away =))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm more interested to see Ruby meet DiDi, because she's the one person in the entire Ma3 universe who I can imagine managing a 100% rational reaction. ("Wow, that's ... impressive. Do you get back problems?")
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Ophelianime wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:58 pm
Angel: Yeah, I have boy and girl parts. I suppose that shocks you?
I'm pretty sure Angel is girl parts only. Angel is gender fluid, not transgender like Senna, or even intersex like Ramona (who, if I understood it correctly, was at first glance, and without a CAT scan, also girl parts only).
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

It would be really good to have the archive menu back....