19-09-17 Mrow

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 19-09-17 Mrow

Post by Spidrift »

Linnah wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:47 am
While I can acknowledge there's some tension in the air, the girls' argument looks to be heating up rather quickly. Looking back at the last strip, it seems that Zii and DiDi started getting upset from the getgo. That feels quite strange since Peggy hasn't said anything other than facts at first, I guess Zii and DiDi took quite a lot of offense from the truth tea she's spilled.
I think that's just compression due to the medium. Sure, in reality, a conversation like this would take half an hour or so, starting with a certain amount of "What the hell happened?", progressing through a lot of evasion and clarification and argument, and possibly culminating in a screaming row. But that would take dozens of strips to show, and would be rather boring and short of jokes. So a TV sitcom would compress it into five minutes of snappy one-liners, and a four-panel Web comic compresses it even further, into a couple of strips, with the possibility that maybe more was said between strips or between panels; we get the important stuff, and enough snazzy Giz portrait work to convey the moods of the participants.

Though, yes, I think one could also guess that Zii, being fully aware at heart of just how shitty she's been, starts out hostile and defensive -- which in turn would tell Peggy that Zii has indeed done something to be ashamed of.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Linnah wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:47 am
While I can acknowledge there's some tension in the air, the girls' argument looks to be heating up rather quickly. Looking back at the last strip, it seems that Zii and DiDi started getting upset from the getgo. That feels quite strange since Peggy hasn't said anything other than facts at first, I guess Zii and DiDi took quite a lot of offense from the truth tea she's spilled.
Heh.

Remember when Peggy joined the cast, years ago? The first important thing she did -- her first important interaction with the main characters! -- was scolding Zii for hurting Sonya.

Time has gone by, several years, and Peggy is still in the comic. And what is she doing right now? She's scolding Zii for hurting Sonya.

Poor Peggy must be thinking: "Sigh. Why do I bother? They just don't learn!"

The more things change...
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

I think it goes without saying that Peggy is probably one of the most sensible characters in the Ma3 universe. That makes her pretty damn likeable for me. I think that if there ever was a Ma3 popularity pool, I'd see her scoring surprisingly high.

But frankly I fail to realize if she's truly sensible or just a person with standard common sense in a world where common sense doesn't very usually apply. Either or.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Ophelianime wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:08 pm
On another note, I'm waiting for Annie Conda to make an appearance. If you will recall, she wants Didi as well, and last she heard she was available. I wonder where that will go.
You know, I've been thinking a lot about that.

The whole wrestling plot arc is like a huge Chekhov's gun pointing at DiDi's head. Think of all the time and effort Giz has put into developing those characters: scores of strips, a dozen intertwined stories, all to get DiDi into pro wrestling and prepare her official debut... which is already scheduled: at the coming Roxie/Brandy bout for the title, she will play the role of a hired goon, crash the match, knock out Brandy and deliver victory to Roxie. At least, that's the plan. Image It's a sure bet things won't go smoothly, and not just because of DiDi's foreseeable bumbling: Annie Conda and her loyal minions Tess and Maura are plotting something behind the scenes. It's likely there's gonna be a few extra surprises at that match.

Something big must come out of this. Otherwise, there just wouldn't be a point.

If I had to make a guess, I'd say it will have to do with l'orgasme. Annie has the galloping hots for DiDi. She's the one who has been pushing DiDi's wrestling career, in hopes of getting close to her. Imagine that, on the day of the match, Annie, Tess, Maura, Brandy, Roxie and DiDi all end up together on that ring, things go fubar and, in the messy confusion that ensues, Annie somehow gives DiDi a big orgasm. (Well, they would all get into trouble with the TV station, that's for sure, but let's put it aside for now. :p ) How would it affect DiDi's ideas of love and romance, finding out that she didn't in fact need l'amour to orgasm, just a really high level of excitation and adrenaline?

This is just guessing gone wild, of course, but... that's one story arc I would love to read. :x
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

AlexDenton wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:21 am
Getting so defensive and angry right away is a poor defence.

Zii is acting out because she is content having her Didi-prize, regardless of the 'little people' she ground under heel to get there. Her thanks for having a hot meal & a roof over her head and consolation for her depression was the priviledge of getting to have sex with her!?! Zii is selfish and conceited. She's trying to take the high road by ignoring or ameliorating Sonya's feelings towards her. I did not find her apology sincere, and note she has only even attempted to apologize for choosing Didi over Sonya; she hasn't made any effort to admit her wrong-doings (breaking a promise and lying bold-faced to Sonya about it) and for stringing her along. She is about to sleep in the bed she made. I am sure she will try to deflect blame and do damage control (for the band, for her other friends), the results of which will be dependant up on Sonya's desire for revenge. A clean break would be probably most healthy for Sonya, taking away from her relationship with Zii that Sonya is a passionate woman who can feel empowered in making her own (relationship) choices. Matt might be in her sights, only because he is lonely after his Kiley break-up and she might want some sausage instead of taco considering the bad taste Zii just left in her mouth { :ymsick: ok, sorry for the yucky metaphor}

Didi is doing typical Didi - standing up for her lover and being relatively oblivious to the truth. She is simply mirroring Zii's indignity and offering support versus Peggy's truth onslaught. She is guilty too, but only as Zii's enabler. She is also using l'amour as a shield to justify her actions. But until I see both Zii & Didi actually sacrifice something (or compromise) for the other, it isn't love they share... it is lust. They fucked. There wasn't anything magical about it. If anything it was only cheapened further by the lies and deceit and (feigned?) ignorance from both participants, and the obvious lust both women had for what the other could offer her. True lust, yes; true love, no way in hell.

Also, poor Lita. She's the real victim here. I hope she takes out some of her aggression on Zii/Didi for the poor choices of her owner.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Linnah wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:44 pm
But frankly I fail to realize if she's truly sensible or just a person with standard common sense in a world where common sense doesn't very usually apply. Either or.
Reminds me a bit of Nabiki Tendo in Ramna 1/2, actually. Fans sometimes took her to be some kind of super-genius, but it seems to me that she was really just a person of above-average intelligence living in a world filled with total morons.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Apropos of nothing, does anyone have links to all the appearances of Mlle. Chastel's shoulder angel and devil?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Feline Fragmentation Grenade!!

No, no, the feline does not fragments, it frags anything it touches :P

On a more serious note, I do kind of get what Zii is saying. And this despite me most often being in the role of Sonya in my life, being told "I don't give a shit about your feelings, it's my feelings that count for myself." I guess because the lesson I have learned is that if I'm ever on that golden other side, I'll have to prioritize my own feelings or I will just lose again.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)