16-09-17 Gluteus maximus

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Boro

Re: 16-09-17 Gluteus maximus

Post by Boro »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:04 am
I wouldn't. It's telling a woman that she becomes a better person if she acts more like a man. I regard that as insulting to most of the women I know (though some would probably be less offended than others).
Ah, that feminist topic again... Yeah, I heard you guys suffering from this "empowering women" movement that going all over the states and apparently Canada, which sends the idea that women supposed to be stronger and men should be weaker. Well, I've been raised in the place where everybody in their mind understands that men and women biologically and mentally are not equal. Meaning, that men are more stable mentally (less emotional) and more strong physically in their natural predisposition. Overall "stronger". So the saying "man up" is perfect for places where I'm from. I'm not being offensive and I understand that I probably in minority here, but that's not my opinion I'm talking about - that's proven facts, so take it as you please.

As for those mentioned women you know - I'm sure they just hadn't met a man in their life, who can take an absolute lead in their relationship and who won't put up with this "men and women are equal" nonsense and let woman to be a woman.

jish55

Post by jish55 »

I honestly used to like Zii, but this entire arc has been a downward spiral into turning her into a selfish being who just has to throw a tantrum and will get what she wants. With Didi, she's always been this way, so it's not much of a surprise, but with Zii, she may of been a lustful being hooking up with anyone who was remotely attractive, but as soon as someone chooses someone else over her, she thinks it's their fault. At least Peggy isn't getting kicked out and is mature, while Gary is his normal passive self.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

so, like... are the authors doing everything they can to make us angry at Zii, or what?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that this may be the point where Zii hits some kind of rock bottom, prior to working her way back up to her end game position, purified by the experience. Usually, that kind of thing involves someone plunging to a low point of despair, but plunging to a low point of self-indulgence and lack of self-awareness may kind of work instead. And if, say, Zii discovers that she's been a shitty person who's alienated her real friends and hitched her wagon to a deranged orgasm addict with no emotional depth, she may hit an emotional low as well.

In other words, I can see plenty of ways for the creators to pull Zii back from this, with ohgoddotheyhavetobesocliched lessons learned, even. What I can't imagine is how the writers can recover DiDi, who's sacrificed everything that ever made her sympathetic and been written as a heartless bully.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Gary's all shrugs when it comes to finding out Zii slept with DiDi... but it hasn't occurred to him that Lita is not present. This may well trigger the spining-up that many seek for him. :D

"YOU LEFT LITA ALONE WITH SONYA?!? THIS SHALL NOT STAND! PISTOLS AT DAWN!"

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:07 pm
Zii is enjoying being with Didi now - the object of her lust of ages. It isn't making things any easier that Didi is pampering her and giving Zii everything she wants. I can't wait for her to see that Didi isn't all she's cracked up to be, once the clinginess and honeymoon is over.
Here's some food for thought:

Zii's assumed stand right now is that she has finally found true love. After being for so long a drifter, she has at last found the Right One and is ready to settle. DiDi is the love of her life.

But... actually... this isn't the first time Zii has felt like that.

Zii felt exactly the same way around Yuki. This is canon. Their love was as intense and passionate as whatever Zii has with DiDi right now, and she still feels twangs of pain when she thinks about it -- because it's hard for her to remember the wonderful thing that she had and lost. And the reason her relationship with Yuki went sour was because Zii simply needs cock in her life, and Yuki would have none of it: she wanted them to be monogamous, dammit, and wouldn't allow Zii to sleep around with handsome hunks! The final line: one day Zii fled without even leaving a Dear Jane behind, and that was the end of their big love story.

What about DiDi, then? How is she gonna react when Zii suggests that the schweet love they share Needs Moar Penis and they should totally organize an orgy with three or four manly studs?

On one hand, DiDi's not phallophobic like Yuki. On the other hand, nice as she is, I suspect she does have some berserker potential hidden inside her.

A blonde amazon, axe in hand, going after the faithless lover who betrayed her... now that's a scary (sexy?) image. :p
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

I called it "toxic" because is a one sided relationship were Gary only gets pegged in his rectum while cosplaying; meanwhile Peggy doesn't even recieve sexual pleasure. That's sick for a relationship. If you wanna call it a relationship; I mean, do these two have anything in common outside of their perverted game?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Vitocap wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:07 pm
But... actually... this isn't the first time Zii has felt like that.

Zii felt exactly the same way around Yuki. This is canon. Their love was as intense and passionate as whatever Zii has with DiDi right now, and she still feels twangs of pain when she thinks about it -- because it's hard for her to remember the wonderful thing that she had and lost. And the reason her relationship with Yuki went sour was because Zii simply needs cock in her life, and Yuki would have none of it: she wanted them to be monogamous, dammit, and wouldn't allow Zii to sleep around with handsome hunks! The final line: one day Zii fled without even leaving a Dear Jane behind, and that was the end of their big love story.
Actually, I got the impression from those bonus strips that Zii only ever really saw Yuki as a hot fuckbuddy; it was a combination of having to sneak off for man-lovin' and Yuki crashing the band and turning their relationship from wild sex-and-music to a hothouse ingrown thing with just the two of them that destroyed Zii's feelings for Yuki. On the other hand, Zii certainly thought she had a pretty serious thing with Erik, but she crashed that owing to her need for woman-lovin' - which is kind of what you said, just turned round.

But yes, we do have evidence there that one person is never enough for Zii - which is one reason that I think her final position will be as part of an MFF threesome, which I can't see the simple-minded sentimentalist amazon buying. And we've seen her get distracted by alternate sexual scenarios already. And the band really matters to her, so if Sonya threatens to walk again, and Yuki gets uncomfortable at having DiDi around, and DiDi makes her miss more rehearsals - she may find the other great dream of her life shrivelling up.

So yeah, I can easily see lots of ways in which this supposed romance could crash and burn.
LarsenSan wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:10 pm
I called it "toxic" because is a one sided relationship were Gary only gets pegged in his rectum while cosplaying; meanwhile Peggy doesn't even recieve sexual pleasure. That's sick for a relationship. If you wanna call it a relationship; I mean, do these two have anything in common outside of their perverted game?
Whut? Peggy clearly receives a lot of pleasure from the pegging, and pleasure received from sexual activity is surely sexual pleasure. And Gary has said loud and clear that he enjoys it, at least twice that I can recall. And Peggy does other stuff for him - we've seen an expertly executed blowjob, for a start.

Sounds like a solid friends-with-benefits relationship to me. Sure, they don't have much in common otherwise - but they get along just fine, which is enough for the FWB thing to work.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:04 pm
(Yes, I do think that Peggy could get through to Zii. We already know that Zii knows that her feeble attempt at denial here is bullshit, and she's decent enough to admit she's wrong when pushed hard enough. It's DiDi who the writers have turned into an irredeemable monster of selfishness.)
..."Irredeemable monster of selfishness"? You jest, surely. Did she not two strips ago refuse a quick and easy fuck in the name of not repeating her past mistake of callously abandoning Zii to see if Gary could get her off?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's still all about her. She doesn't want to mess up her new relationship, which is getting her these wonderful orgasms, and she needs an emotional bond to get off, so there'd really no point in accepting the offer. Meanwhile, she threw a string of casual put-downs at Sonya (the fact that they weren't even conscious doesn't make them any nicer). Typically, of course, she got all sentimental for one panel when she heard Sonya's sad story, but she made no attempt to apologise to, explain to, or comfort Sonya; it was just a sad-eyed puppy-dog on the Internet for her to cry over for five seconds.

Equally, prior to that, her reaction to Zii promising not to screw her on the bed or the sofa was "that's okay, we'll use the floor" -- and now, faced with Peggy calling Zii on the problem, she's casually quoted one line from Peggy, out of context, as justification.

Everything is about what makes DiDi feel good. Other people are just means to that end, although she has to keep Zii sweet because of the way her brain (mal)functions, so she'll happily spin a shaky story about their past friendship being a love affair in disguise. If they're happy with what DiDi wants, great, she can feel virtuous; if not, she'll find an excuse to feel virtuous anyway, and ignore them.

It's really an interesting deconstruction of her original cute vacuous sex goddess image. It turns out that, when you really look at how such a character operates, she turns out to be rather horrible.
---------
Spidrift

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

You need to take a deep breath and calm down.

DiDi always was innocence incarnated. Sometimes she hurts people because innocence can be cruel, that's all. You really should stop speculating and start taking the comic at face value.

Same with Zii and Yuki:

There you have it, simple and canonic.

Zii is very clear about her feelings. Thoughts, dialogues, actions, flashbacks, Giz confirmed it everywhere. There's no arguing that they had the same thing Zii appears to have with DiDi now. Which really makes one wonder what will happen when DiDi finds out that lesbian monogamy (no sleeping around with hunky boys) is not an option for Zii...
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Everything in my last post happened, canonically, in the comic. Please point out where you think I was speculating. I do speculate about these characters sometimes, but not there. I don't have to speculate to think that DiDi has been depicted as horribly selfish.

And okay, Zii's relationship with Yuki certainly seems to have been pretty serious, until it wasn't, but Zii is someone who throws the word "love" around fairly casually. (I'll dig out the strip I was basing my reading on in a moment...) Her relationship with Erik looked just as serious, while it lasted.

EDIT: Ah yes, here it is:
Cut Frame.jpg
Cut Frame.jpg (83.83 KiB) Viewed 7532 times
"Live-in bandmate fuckbuddy" was the first description I saw Zii give of her past relationship with Yuki, and it stuck in my mind. It's honest but not romantic, and remember, it covers the time when she was, in her own words, "sneaking some action from cute fans backstage". If there's an inconsistency with later strips, well, so it goes.

But, funnily enough, I agree that her relationship with DiDi may not actually be any deeper, on her side, than her past relationships with Yuki or Erik. She talks big about her current lovers, and her physical obsession with DiDi may be making her talk even bigger, but it's rooted in that raw lust, and her watching DiDi with Sonya clearly showed that she still has runaway hormones. It might not collapse the exact same way that her things with Yuki or Erik did, but I reckon it'll probably go the same way soon enough.
---------
Spidrift

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:06 pm

Whut? Peggy clearly receives a lot of pleasure from the pegging, and pleasure received from sexual activity is surely sexual pleasure. And Gary has said loud and clear that he enjoys it, at least twice that I can recall. And Peggy does other stuff for him - we've seen an expertly executed blowjob, for a start.

Sounds like a solid friends-with-benefits relationship to me. Sure, they don't have much in common otherwise - but they get along just fine, which is enough for the FWB thing to work.
Plus it seems like Peggy has helped Gary improve his stamina during sex.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not sure if that's been explicitly stated; I got the impression that, if anyone had been helping with that, it was Matt, for his advice before the foursome. (Sheer experience would help, too.) But I may be forgetting something, and anyway, whatever - the relationship seems to be good for both of them, certainly.
---------
Spidrift

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:54 am
It's still all about her. She doesn't want to mess up her new relationship, which is getting her these wonderful orgasms, and she needs an emotional bond to get off, so there'd really no point in accepting the offer. Meanwhile, she threw a string of casual put-downs at Sonya (the fact that they weren't even conscious doesn't make them any nicer). Typically, of course, she got all sentimental for one panel when she heard Sonya's sad story, but she made no attempt to apologise to, explain to, or comfort Sonya; it was just a sad-eyed puppy-dog on the Internet for her to cry over for five seconds.

Equally, prior to that, her reaction to Zii promising not to screw her on the bed or the sofa was "that's okay, we'll use the floor" -- and now, faced with Peggy calling Zii on the problem, she's casually quoted one line from Peggy, out of context, as justification.

Everything is about what makes DiDi feel good. Other people are just means to that end, although she has to keep Zii sweet because of the way her brain (mal)functions, so she'll happily spin a shaky story about their past friendship being a love affair in disguise. If they're happy with what DiDi wants, great, she can feel virtuous; if not, she'll find an excuse to feel virtuous anyway, and ignore them.

It's really an interesting deconstruction of her original cute vacuous sex goddess image. It turns out that, when you really look at how such a character operates, she turns out to be rather horrible.
Riiiiight. Methinks you're seeing Didi's actions in a slightly revisionist filter. Or are you saying it would have not been egocentric of her to have slept with Sonya back at her apartment? Because I don't see how that could have been better than saying no.

But I suppose all of Sonya's recent behaviour has been pure, unselfish acts of altruism, is that what you think? That she lied to herself and pretended to Zii about her feelings and what she wanted in a relationship out of the goodness of her heart? That her manipulating Gary and Yuki into a hatefuck threesome was a kindhearted attempt to mend the relationship she broke up long ago? Or <insert recent Sonya act here> was somehow not the act of an egomaniacal cow?

Sorry again, obviously I'm oversimplifying and skimping on addressing most of your post. But if you want to play the selfishness card and say in so many words that DiDi is selfishness incarnate... well, it's only fair of me to point out that Sonya can and has been just as selfish as DiDi on several occasions in the past. The only difference now is that she's grabbed the short straw and experienced the situations she's engineered or bumbled into from the other side and discovered it's not as fun as when it happens to somebody else.