Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

16-09-17 Gluteus maximus

Post by Giz »

LarsenSan

Re: 16-09-17 Gluteus maximus

Post by LarsenSan »

And Gary is still in that toxic relationship...

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Haha! Oh, Peggy. In spite of her preferences, she really is often the only sane person in the room.

Guess we have some of our questions answered... Sort of....
Wonder if Gary and Peggy are officially dating or merely just friends with benefits?
And Zii and DiDi, after an entire day of marathon screwing, managed to get back to *it* without noticing Gary and Peggy's own activities? I guess "honey moon period" and all, but damn, way to put Sonya and Lita so far at the back of her mind that they basically dropped out...
Seems like DiDi is dressing more provocatively than usual. Don't recall her flaunting so much cleavage outside of attempts at seduction (well, excluding her absentminded negligee wearing, but this appears like it is meant to be a proper outfit).
After the waffle truce, there better be some serious words at Zii; even she would know she can't just move back in like nothing happened. Gary will probably be too spineless, so guess it is up to Peggy - though, since she might not want to *interefere* further, Zii may not be facing any proverbial music until/if she bothers going to band practice (though, Sonya might not reveal what she discovered yet, thus again giving Zii a longer free pass in that regard).

Well, until the next update, guess I'll wait for my comments to be ignored or "actually'ed" to oblivion. ;)

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

LarsenSan wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 am
wut?
Yet still, I live...

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Well, at least Peggy has her priorities straight.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Buckle in kids, there's a bonafide adult in the room.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Agreed on Didi's fashion sense - very appealing.

Zii is a user living in the now, so in her mind she might actually be thinking what she did wasn't as scummy as it was. Of course she also tries to wiggle out of things, so she is also giving undue emphasis on select parts of her situation while ignoring the rest. She's latched onto the fact that she never swore she was Sonya's girlfriend, and indeed Sonya told her they weren't committed that way. But she can't think that wasn't something there between the two of them. No, Zii is enjoying being with Didi now - the object of her lust of ages now. It isn't making things any easier that Didi is pampering her and giving Zii everything she wants. I can't wait for her to see that Didi isn't all she's cracked up to be, once the clinginess and honeymoon is over.

Peggy and Gary, though, is an interesting situation. The two of them really seem to be enjoying their friends with benefits arrangement. I wonder if Peggy and Gary will realize that they are actually pretty good for one another, and take their relationship further? They could do worse. Not sure what Yuki would say about that, but she has been idling for a while now due to scripting so I don't count her out yet.

I wonder how long Zii will remain back at the apartment.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

LarsenSan wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 am
Explain yourself.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Not sure how the Gary and Peggy relationship is toxic. o.O

As for Zii, I'm sure she's just denying as a way to keep herself from feeling bad about how she screwed over Sonya, who was at the very least a friend of hers.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I just want to add this... GLUTES!!!

(my favorite word for one's backside)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, the Peggy/Gary thing is looking almost dangerously sane, given that by non-Ma3-universe standards it's fairly weird. It's clearly a friends-with-benefits arrangement that both parties actually understand as such. It'd be quite a shame if they ever got romantic, given that they're proving that they can function without insanity.

And yeah, good to see someone sane preparing to unload on Zii. Poor Peggy, though; sanity is a heavy load to carry single-handed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

With only 3 strips to go one wonders what the bookend will look like. And even if Gary and Peggy were to actually become an item they wouldn't last long because of Yuki.

dewelar

Post by dewelar »

It's probably been said before, but this strip has solidified something in my mind. Since there is only one more volume left it seems fairly likely that, like the individual volumes, the entirety of Ma3 is going to have bookends. I don't just mean it will be bookended visually, but also narratively -- the ending of the strip will involve Zii and Didi moving out and setting Gary up with new roommates. These new roommates will, of course, be some combination of existing characters (my money is on Yuki/Kiley, but it really could be anybody), and in the very last strip Gary will find them in flagrante delicto. The final twist will be that, instead of getting upset, Gary will quite happily join them, and thus a nice bow is added to the package.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I don't know if it's likely that there'll be narrative symmetry, but it's certainly possible. But I don't see Gary being left on his own at the end; the comic has been too much about him building a social life. More likely, three completely different characters will move into the apartment. Or something.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

suranae

Post by suranae »

Most likely Zii or didi would be left the apartment & the other two move out & on to new adventures if you are going to do mirror bookends.