16-09-17 Gluteus maximus

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 16-09-17 Gluteus maximus

Post by Spidrift »

Of course DiDi would have been wrong to have slept with Sonya. That would have just compounded her other faults. Technically, Sonya was trying, unsuccessfully, to illustrate DiDi's sheer selfishness. And of course Sonya has done bad stuff in the past, and has been foolish and misguided to continue pursuing Zii long past the point where it was clear this thing wouldn't work. (And Peggy was wrong to encourage her.) But we're deep into the realms of two wrongs not making a right here.

Honestly, I like most of these characters, despite their considerable flaws. I like Sonya, yes. I also like Zii for her energy and enthusiasm, Matt for his charisma, Kiley for her intelligence, and Peggy for her good sense. Even Gary is mostly harmless, and Senna has style. Nonetheless, I will cheerfully agree that all of them have done stuff ranging from "unwise" to "deeply shitty". They're written as being only human - which means that they all have consciences (okay, except Senna, but even she has a sense of gratitude, sometimes). Hence, despite their past misbehaviour, all of them have a chance to earn a happy ending in the next 150 strips.

DiDi, though... DiDi seems never to have learned to treat other people as human. They're all just props to her, though sometimes she gets sentimental about them, in her shallow way. The nicest thing I can say about her is that she was probably broken by her own weird sex appeal. I just can't see how she can earn a satisfying happy ending.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Interesting how Peggy inquires about Zii and Sonya having a spat, and Zii's immediate answer is "I did not have a relationship with that woman!"
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zii really isn't handling this situation with any subtlety. She's not good at subtlety, and the guilt is pretty clearly getting to her already here.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.