12-09-17 Cry from la joie

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

LarsenSan

Re: 12-09-17 Cry from la joie

Post by LarsenSan »

MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT! MARY SUE ALERT!

Did I say Mary Sue alert? :D

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Who's the Mary Sue? Zii? Didi? Both of them?

And I don't think the creators give a rat's ass what the readers think of Zii and Didi at this point which is why they probably trolled us with this unexpected character development. I do feel sorry for Sonya but she'll bounce back with someone else I'm thinking with either Izz or one of the lesbian wrestlers.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Five strips to go... I guess Sonya is the one that will be covering her ears angry in #1350...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Ugh Zii wins again.... sickening.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

samtheman wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:26 pm

And I don't think the creators give a rat's ass what the readers think of Zii and Didi at this point which is why they probably trolled us with this unexpected character development. I do feel sorry for Sonya but she'll bounce back with someone else I'm thinking with either Izz or one of the lesbian wrestlers.
Zii, of course. And of course they don't care, she's a creator's pet.
rogermart wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:45 pm
Five strips to go... I guess Sonya is the one that will be covering her ears angry in #1350...
Uh? Is the webcomic coming to an end already? :-o

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

This volume, yes. The whole comic, no, not yet.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

Sonya and Izz ... damnit I think I like that better than Sonya and Zii, what is wrong with me ? XD
Seriously though ... it sounds nice. We'll see :)
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Didi will be monogamous. Once she's latched onto her lover, she has proven to be quite faithful time and time again. It is only when someone new or better comes along and the 'previous model' doesn't provide her with an orgasm/satisfaction does she drop him/her like a hot potato. She might dump them rudely or unceremoniously, even forget their name, but she does at least make sure there is a break made. I'm pretty sure most of us readers would be interested in her take on multiple partners in a commitment-free environment, one of whom is her lover-du-jour, but that is for a future strip I reckon. I'll give Sonya a good mark for effort, though.

Zii on the other hand, I feel, will be the one to screw up her relationship with Didi. Whether it is the obvious reason of Zii not being able to keep her hands off of those she finds attractive/sexy or because of her deep-seated discomfort of commitment, she is the weakest link. In this case, Didi's emotions & morality are strengthening her resolve. Didi let down a friend/lover and she doesn't want to repeat. Zii is just a horndog who is happy with her favorite toy; dangle the right temptation in front of her and she will give in to her lusts. It is conceivable that she learned a little bit from the sadness brought on from losing Eric; I expect she will learn more from rebuffing Sonya.

As far as Sonya's next plan of attack, I guess that might depend on if she saw Zii diddling herself while seducing Didi (or heard Zii asking if she could join in). Sonya knows Zii's personality well, and she doesn't have much to lose now. While Sonya likes to play bass apparently, she was in the band to be closer to Zii. If that pains her, she'll drop it or risk it all to get Zii back. Or I could also see her transform into a very mean and spiteful bitch. Either way, I expect anger to be her next reaction and to kick Zii out. She'll need some time to stew on the events, become more bitter, and re-strategize. One wonders if circumstances will present themselves for Annie Conda (or her 'evil' boss) to partner up with Sonya in this endeavor. /cue Imperial March.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

JackApostrophe

Post by JackApostrophe »

She didn't really say no, though. What she said was "My orgasms come from love and I don't love you. Oh, and I hurt Zii before." Slightly more humanity than you might normally expect from DiDi, though.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

It's a mixture of feelings... just like for us readers. :-?

Oh well, in any case, this clinches it: Zii/DiDi is endgame. Sucks to be Gary.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

bejammin2000

Post by bejammin2000 »

"I would never betray Zii the way she betrayed you."

Whelp.

Zii must have been a saint in a former life to have all this good karma.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

And yet in this life, she is killing her shot at Nirvana, nullifying all her built-up credit....

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Mmm surprising, but not a huge plot twist in my opinion.

I mean, surely comics like adding a little bit of unrealism to their elements, but let's remember that Zii and DiDi had sex quite literally moments ago before the current conversation. There's plenty of characters that are moved by their genitals instead of their brains in Ma3, but perhaps the fact both girls just recently got their relief has affected DiDi's judgement on hooking up with Sonya.

What we've gotta see now is wether she'll remain faithful to Zii, and most importantly, if she won't accept Sonya's invitations during a time of need, preferably one where Zii isn't present to give l'orgasmes.

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

LarsenSan wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:21 pm
samtheman wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:26 pm
Zii, of course. And of course they don't care, she's a creator's pet.
if she's Mary Sue, she's more a creator's self-insertion than a creator's pet...
Linnah wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:01 pm
There's plenty of characters that are moved by their genitals instead of their brains in Ma3, but perhaps the fact both girls just recently got their relief has affected DiDi's judgement on hooking up with Sonya.
and yet somehow it hasn't done diddly-squat to zii, she's as horny as before...
... if you can tell who's this and what comic he comes from, you get a cookie. :)
Triple post merged. The DAMNed

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I think Sonya is the self-insertion as the dark-haired bass player, can't say anything as to the personality or sexuality as I don't know Giz very well except by her art.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.