12-09-17 Cry from la joie

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Fairy Glade's Fairy
BANNED

Re: 12-09-17 Cry from la joie

Post by Fairy Glade's Fairy »

You mean, like someone trolls you on internet and gets you banned from a forum, and then, by incredible coincidence, your roommate knows IRL the guy and where to find him? That sort of luck?
Vitocap wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:41 pm
I sent you the answer via pm. You can mail me my cookie. Image
:D
Alan Moore is the best.
Vitocap wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:41 pm
Great photoshop work removing the other guy from the picture, btw. :-bd Did you use airbrush to smooth up the patch lines?
Gaussian blur. I hate airbrush.

Double post merged. The DAMNed

sparky

Post by sparky »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:16 pm
"Hope" is probably the keyword there.

Sigh. I'm sure that Giz means it when she says she wants to bring SDB back. She clearly likes the characters. But it's been well over a year now, and stuff keeps not happening. I've been enough of a fanboy in enough different fields, watching enough different creators, to recognise the pattern. And false hope hurts worse than acceptance.
Perhaps, but she has been very busy doing paid work and that needs to be anyone's first priority. We're disappointed, yes, but I'm sure that we are all happy for her and grateful for the years of entertainment that was provided for free.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

It would seem Didi cares more for Zii than Zii does for Didi now. :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

sparky wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:20 am
Perhaps, but she has been very busy doing paid work and that needs to be anyone's first priority.
Like I said, stuff keeps not happening. And yes, as so very, very often, that's because other, more profitable stuff keeps happening.
We're disappointed, yes, but I'm sure that we are all happy for her and grateful for the years of entertainment that was provided for free.
And I don't begrudge Giz her success for a minute. She's a wonderful comics creator who I wish every success. Nor do I think she lied to us; I'm sure she really does want to complete SDB. I'm simply a realist; I'm not at all sure it'll ever happen, because I've been here before.
AlexDenton wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:09 am
On a side note : Didi, if you really want to be convincing push Sonya away by her shoulders. Right now it looks like you're still tempted and coping a feel
On which subject - we've seen someone executing exactly that gesture before, and on Sonya even. Which is probably just Giz unconsciously repeating a character pose, but if it prefigures anything, it might imply that DiDi is still vulnerable to temptation.

Double post merged. The DAMNed
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

That..... would not be all that surprising. ^^;

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ma3 characters. To be honest... Are they vulnerable to temptation? Are bears vulnerable to defecatory needs in an arboreal environment?
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

It would have been nice to see one character that had set rules and limits for themselves and stuck to them, come hell or high water.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

That's rare enough in reality...

But we've not seen any evidence that, say, Jung violates his own standards. And I'm not sure that even Gary breaks his own moral code too badly, too often, though he keeps getting into situations which aren't covered by his prior assumptions. There just aren't many saints, is all.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I'm not asking for saints around this webcomic. Just someone with willpower enough to say "No" the first time and all the times after.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It's a sex comedy. Characters with the willpower to say "No" would tend to cripple it.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Not necessarily. That one smoking hot person who keeps telling the hormone squad "Echh. No, thanks. I only like you as a friend .... sort of", could add tension and humour. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The nearest we came was Ruby in SDB - who brought Dillon the "Shouldn't you think about this?" approach that he so desperately needed. But, well, a character who just blanks everything gets to be rather boring after a short while, and even if they're insanely hot and their self-control drives everyone else nuts, that's just a single joke, and repeating it will seem pointless.

And, well, okay - Giz and Dave clearly prefer writing characters who have working libidos, and don't see repression as good. Ruby's story was all about her coming to terms with her own sexuality, and the joke with the one character who appeared to be sexless, Jung, turned out to be that he was simply sane, and perfectly capable of expressing his sexuality off-screen, with a single partner, to both parties' mutual satisfaction, without any of this ridiculous melodrama.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

'J' wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:18 am
character development off the port bow!
Man the harpoons!!!

Wow. It took me several instances of reading the comic until I noticed Zii had started masturbating in panel three.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Wow, hadn't noticed that actually. Must have been distracted by her face in panel 2.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Good to know I'm not the only one. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)