09-09-17 Learned tricks from you both

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Dr. Jamming

Re: 09-09-17 Learned tricks from you both

Post by Dr. Jamming »

Given the title of the comic, the behaviors and desires of the characters, and Zii's thoughts and reactions, i feel like the unaddressed concept of polyamory is increasingly becoming the elephant in the room.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

The last panel immediately reminded me of this strip

BTW, the strip is simply beautiful.

Strip hidden for *legasp* nudity! The DAMNed
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm thinking Zii will join them and they'll have a threesome. If not, then Zii might end up running off to find Gary to bang him so she can learn the SGR from him but Gary used the SGR on Didi already and it didn't give her an orgasm.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Error of Logic wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:50 pm
Yeah. Still not feeling sorry for either Chastel or Nielsen.
Well, I don't feel sorry for anyone here, what with all the bad deeds they've passed around between them. That doesn't mean I haven't enjoyed the shenanigans that have ensued so far, just that I'm remaining neutral and not taking sides since I don't think any of them deserve our support.
  • Zii has manipulated/tried to manipulate both Sonya and DiDi into easy sex, and was the one who made both realise they were into girls as well as guys. Somehow, seeing the two of them about to get it on without her is a healthy dose of Irony Soup. But I doubt she's going to just let this pass, of course.
  • DiDi has of course convinced herself and Zii that their admittedly touching friendship was the beginnings of romantic feelings (unlikely, but there may be a kernel of truth to her words if Zii ended up agreeing) with the primary purpose of orgasmic release. Being led astray by Sonya is exactly what I expected her to do.
  • Again, Sonya constantly schemed to break up Zii's relationship with Erik, and whether it had problems or not she was ultimately the principle cause of their breakup, so I don't share the empathy a lot of people suddenly have for her because of being cheated on. Yon boot is now upon the unbooted foot, yea verily. It's not that I condone either Zii or DiDi's actions, but Sonya's make it hard to empathise with her either.
And might I say, I'm not necessarily enjoying where this is going, but I am glad Giz decided to get back to the relations between Gary, Zii and DiDi in the last so many strips. I mean, we had years between the two subsequent times all three of the main trio were in the same panel, or even the same strip, and what with all the subplots taking place between them I was beginning to think we would never see any proper resolution of their would-be feelings for one another despite all the hints and fanservice. As fun as it's been watching the wrestling arc and the not-EE characters introduced with familiar personalities and themes, I was hoping we'd eventually deal with them again and it is most gratifying to have those hopes fulfilled.

As it is I don't expect this present scenario to have a terribly happy ending for more than one person, but as long as the conclusion reached is satisfying, I don't think I'll mind that too much. "Too much" of course being the operative phrase, because you never know.
Last edited by LegendaryKroc on Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Is there anyone besides me who is finding the characters less attractive than they once were?

I am guessing probably not since anyone posting here would likely be an unmitigated fan but I am not seeing much good sides to the personalities being shown here.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The cast have always been flawed. And for that matter, there've been posters here complaining about them for as long as I remember.

If anything, the volume of complaints about how we're being hypnotised and forced to read a comic about such awful people seems to have dropped off a bit lately. If so, I don't know whether that's because the characters have improved, the big complainers have given up and mostly bogged off, anyone who wants to complain can go and whine about the literally demonic characters in Dangerouously Chloe, or - shock! - people have finally noticed that these are nuanced, comedically fallible characters rather than plaster saints.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

suranae

Post by suranae »

These characters aren't naunced. They're the furthest thing from nuanced.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

If only Kylie were there! She's the only one who can solve these intense psychological predicaments!
:-?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I doubt Kylie would want to come within three blocks of Chastel ever again.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Antinerd wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:16 pm
Is there anyone besides me who is finding the characters less attractive than they once were?

I am guessing probably not since anyone posting here would likely be an unmitigated fan but I am not seeing much good sides to the personalities being shown here.
Physically, i find them more attractive, Giz's drawing style (which was great at the beginning) has gotten better over the years...

Now in personality, i don't complain much, i get what people say but like Spidrift says:
These are nuanced, comedically fallible characters rather than plaster saints.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

magicrectangle

Post by magicrectangle »

Once again confirming that there is literally no one in this comic who ever gets to claim the moral high ground.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Sonya learned a lot from Gary and Zii, but with the way she's figured out DiDi and Zii's motivations I'd add Kiley to the list of people who schooled her.

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

And suddenly they all get distracted by a plane crashing into their appartment because Dillon had Sex with the pilot dressed as a stewardess.

Be honest. You wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened in this comic.

Bat-dork

Post by Bat-dork »

Am I the only one who hopes DiDi will turn Sonya down?

Oh, what the heck! Whatever happens, I just decided I'll simply trust Giz and Dave with it, and take it with a healthy overdose of buttered popcorn.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

The only thing that'll stop Sonya and DiDi from getting it on is if something or someone interrupts them. Zii might, but the fact that she's getting turned on by watching them suggests she's more likely to try joining in. Peggy's moved out, so she's unlikely to show up.

Sonya's not stopping, she'll do DiDi purely for revenge. DiDi wants her orgasm, so won't stop herself either. So, barring some unlikely happenstance, they're going to screw like rabbits. When it comes right down to it, all the Ma3 characters put their own feelings and libido first, with the possible exception of Kiley, and she's made other mistakes.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard