Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Vitocap

Re: 07-09-17 The Hard Way

Post by Vitocap »

Vitocap wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:27 pm
What story will the next strips tell? Some ideas off the top of my head:

1) Sonya has had enough of this shit. She kicks Zii and Didi out. Zii and Didi start living together in Didi's room at the old apartment.
... a) and Sonya leaves the band.
... b) and Sonya & Yuki expel Zii from the band.
... c) and the band stays together, but the mood turns really sour.

2) Zii has had enough melodrama. She ditches Sonya, leaving her in tears. Zii and Didi start living together in Didi's room at the old apartment.
... (a) to (c) as before.

3) Didi decides she can't stand the idea of breaking up Sonya and Zii. She tells them to reconcile and leaves with an "Adieu forever, Zii!" (ignoring Zii's desperate hysterical screams). Go figure what happens with the band.

4) Someone arrives. Yuki or Gary or Matt or Peggy or Kiley. Perhaps more than one. They either try to mediate or jump into the fray. Things get more complicated.

5) The three girls reach an agreement and start living together at Sonya's place, in a polyamorous threesome with Zii as the pivot. One day, Sonya and Didi try having sex with each other... and they like it so much, they kick Zii out. Zii returns to Gary for comforting, romance ensues.

6) We leave the trio here and move to another storyline. Something with the wrestlers, perhaps. We won't see Sonya, Didi & Zii again for like fifty strips.
Soooooo...

I'd say that, in this strip, we started in the (2) direction, then veered towards (5) and are now skipping all the stages to the final outcome?

Though (6) is still a possibility... I wouldn't put it past Giz to change the story arc, in the next strip, to something with Tess, Maura, Brandy and Roxie. Then, in fifteen weeks or so, we would return to Sonya's apartment and finally hear DiDi's reply to Sonya's question. :p
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

Boro wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:48 am
Holy shit, that was good! Great move regarding story writing.
Meh. Guitar in Zii's face would still have ben preferable :ymdevil:

suranae

Post by suranae »

At least they're sticking around to finish a story arc instead of running off to another set of characters & hoping that we'll forget.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Oh ho ho!!

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

TJgalon wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 3:20 pm

That cause Zii really has not done anything wrong. Sonya never spoke up about her feeling, and told Zii time after time about how she not really intrested. If Sonya talked to Zii about her feeling, then maybe this could have been avoided.
Here is my proof that Zii knows Sonya's feelings for her. Zii might not exactly want to reciprocate, but has no problems using Sonya for a bed and a meal or hot-monkey sex when Zii feels like it. Zii doesn't give up anything for love. Her "please don't make me beg" plea just before Didi shagged Gary shows she doesn't want to sacrifice for love. Guess what: unless you're Westley & Buttercup, love is about compromises.

Now I grant you, Sonya knows Zii has wandering eyes (and other organs) and doesn't like to feel constrained in a relationship. In the strictest sense, they were casual lovers. But it was a farce since they were so eager to get on humping each other's brains out. At least, that was until Zii was able to get Didi's goods behind Sonya's back. Yes, Sonya was manipulating Zii to a degree; but it was out of love for her and to also keep her by Sonya's side.

Sadly, there are so few open conversations between characters in this comic. Assumption and misdirection and subterfuge abound. It is like the open dialogue is reserved strictly for extreme sorrow or grief, with a smattering of 'matter-of-fact' pointedness thrown in as a misdirect. The comedy and goofy punchlines take center stage. When characters do communicate, the effects are profound. I expect that we'll have to get more, since the end is nearing.

And as far as wrong: she broke a promise and attempted to cover up the event she promised to not do, and lied directly to Sonya's face. Shitting on a friend who is letting you stay comfortably at her house (presumably for free/sex) is a tertiary evil but is worth mentioning.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Vitocap wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:47 pm
Soooooo...

I'd say that, in this strip, we started in the (2) direction, then veered towards (5) and are now skipping all the stages to the final outcome?

Though (6) is still a possibility... I wouldn't put it past Giz to change the story arc, in the next strip, to something with Tess, Maura, Brandy and Roxie. Then, in fifteen weeks or so, we would return to Sonya's apartment and finally hear DiDi's reply to Sonya's question. :p
I don't think (6) will happen, because we have 7 strips 'till the end of Vol.9.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

I know. Just bracing for worst. Image
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I'm feeling a bit like a broken record, but I'm still not sure the ultimate direction this is heading.

Honestly I feel like all the parties here are being kind of awful, Zii and Didi seemingly very aloof with what's going on and Sonya with her plans having failed attempting to burn the place down.

If Didi does end up taking up Sonya on her offer / if Sonya succeeds, I am curious what Zii's reaction will be, competitive or perhaps distraught at the freshly scarred over wound being torn open so soon.

Dalai Rasta

Post by Dalai Rasta »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:48 pm
Nielsen's little "Oh, you're upset and need some space", a.k.a., "Oh, you're being unreasonable and throwing a temper tantrum, so you need a time out" grates on the nerves. As does Chastel's smug condescension in what she perceives to be her victory.
But the worst part is, they both believe (on the surface, at least) that they're being nice. =_=
Paraphrased from the original source:
They're so nice.
They're not good,
They're not bad,
They're just nice.
She's not good,
She's not nice,
She's just right.
And so on.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

edisnooM wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:01 am
I'm feeling a bit like a broken record, but I'm still not sure the ultimate direction this is heading.
And it's a bad thing that the story remains unpredictable?
If Didi does end up taking up Sonya on her offer / if Sonya succeeds, I am curious what Zii's reaction will be, competitive or perhaps distraught at the freshly scarred over wound being torn open so soon.
Okay, it's a good thing; you're still interested.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Wow! Did not see that coming and it was awesome :)

Didi allows it. Sonya does it. Didi switches love. Zii learns that Didi's "My love." means "My orgasm maker." O.O

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

And then Sonya needs to find a way to get rid of a selfish and domineering Amazon.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sonya might be better equipped to deal with that; she's one character who's actually morally capable of just telling DiDi to shove off. She's not trapped by a runaway DiDi Effect or a misguided sense of ethics. I mean, she'd still have to deal with the problem of being physically pursued, sure - but even there, I could see her coming up with some camouflaged bear pits or something.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

With or without sharpened stakes? ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Depends on her mood...

I mean, I don't see Sonya as really mean. Apart from anything else, she's clearly of the "If they're dead, they don't know they've lost" persuasion. But I wouldn't gamble too much on that; there might just come a point when she wants the drama to come to a proper climax.
---------
Spidrift