31-08-17 Smash your guitar

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

LegendaryKroc

Re: 31-08-17 Smash your guitar

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Yeah, plus one can always discover things one never realised one found sexually kinky, even in situations that aren't technically supposed to be sexy. An attempt at corporal punishment/unusual torture technique started to turn DiDi on after a while. I imagine she certainly didn't think getting hogtied and spanked was sexy until then.

Ah, the early days of this comic that I have to sift through the archives at glacial pace to uncover. Someday we'll get that strip selector thingy back on the site (I hope) and it'll all be back to normal.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Oh, man. Thanks for linking back to that; I LOVED seeing Yuki throw Chastel like a sack of flour again. :D
Sadly, what with the wrestling training we'll probably never see its like again. :(

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Yuki and Matt will stay together and live happily ever after.

He'll keep on being a bastard, she'll keep on having to punish him for it, and they will both love every moment of it. A perfect couple.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Some people just want to watch the forum burn.

And yes it would burn from all the nerd and weeb rage.

Double post merged. The DAMNed

suranae

Post by suranae »

Raaaage!

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

samtheman wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:57 pm
Some people just want to watch the forum burn.
Tee hee, I'm a chaotic evil genius villain mastermind? Cool! Image

That said, I'm never gonna get why people wouldn't want certain characters to have happy ends with their current lovers. I would be fine and dandy if Gary ends up in a serious relationship with Peggy, Matt with Yuki and Zii with Sonya. (Oops, that last one is in jeopardy right now...)

If there's a rule that has been consistently respected all along in this comic, it's that those who drift away from each other don't get together again. So no Dillon, Sandra, Senna, Didi, Kiley or Peggy for Matt. On the other hand, Yuki? Looking good right now.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Mostly, when characters drift apart in this comic, it's because it clearly just isn't working - and both characters can see that and accept it, even if, like Dillon and Matt, there's still a severe danger of them ripping each others' clothes off whenever they're in the same room. Matt and Kiley seem a little different; that was working better than they wanted to admit, except that Matt was a frickin' idiot, and there are hints that they both regret the break-up. So I think there's a chance that they'll get back together.

(The Matt/Yuki thing? That's practical training for her, responsibility-free rough sex for him. A happy arrangement for both, but I don't see the long-term potential.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Huh huh huh. Naive. B-)

"Oh, Matt, I honestly didn't know I was multiorgasmic!"
"This is the story we're gonna tell our grandchildren."
"Kyaa! It's the return of the Bald Avenger!"

It happens often in reality. Way more often than you think. And it doesn't have to end badly: in fact, it's common that they end up happily telling their grandchildren, just as planned.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:42 am
Vitocap wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:59 am

Veiled?
<snip image and stuff>
*Sigh* Guess it fell into a plothole.

:-??
Wow. Good call there @Vitocap. I forgot about that admission of eternal love if Zii wasn't such a "stubborn bitch." Thanks! In that light, it makes me even less sympathetic toward Zii when karma comes-a-knockin'. Damn. I mean, Sonya had some payback coming for breaking up Eric/Zii, so I am not so upset at Sonya's circumstance. But Zii really is doing Sonya dirty. The eye twitch in panel 3 is completely justified now.

Zii's stubbornness is in acquiring Didi's affection, it seems, no matter the cost. I foresee a 'grass is greener on the other side' event on the horizon.
How so? Zii broke up Sonya and Jake first.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

IIRC, Sonya was bored of/with Jake. Granted, Sonya & Jake were together when Zii & Sonya met at the cafe. Sonya made the decision to break it off with Jake. Zii was happy to have (yet another) gorgeous fuck-buddy. Win for the two ladies.

Sonya broke up Eric/Zii because Sonya deep down loves Zii (or maybe, loves the drama/uncertain feelings Zii brings out in her... there's debate there). What Sonya did was selfish and manipulative and dastardly, I don't think anyone could argue that. I'm also not saying that there's some karma being revisited on Sonya's head either, with Zii choosing Didi over her... despite Sonya's admission of eternally wanting to be with ZIi in the picture.

As readers, we are privy to knowing that Sonya sabotaged Eric/Zii. Zii was none the wiser, and her choosing Didi over Sonya isn't fueled by revenge or perceived slight. Zii is acting out as normal Zii would: going for what she wants right now.
  • Zii broke a promise to the one woman in the world who (at that time) rescued Zii from depression & offered her everything in order to please her.
  • Zii then bold-faced lied to Sonya and only is forthcoming of her feelings towards Didi because she was caught due to Didi's loose lips.
  • Then she iced the shit-cake by saying that she's looking for a permanent relationship now, despite Sonya very very poorly telling Zii that their relationship was completely non-committal. Once again, reference the strip picture.
I still stand by my opinion that Zii is taking her trophy-Didi and being a poor winner, not giving respect & love to those who truly care for her. We have to take Didi at face value that she says she loves Zii, especially since she can apparently orgasm from her. How much of that is emotional transference or 'guitar fingers' is up for debate. As others have stated, I would not place it below ZIi to rub into Gary's face that she could make Didi orgasm where he could not. Makes one wonder if Didi would appreciate that.
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I thought Sonya broke up with Jake because his obsession with moresomes left her having sex with complete strangers, which she was not altogether happy about but felt obligated to, whereas Jake had the time of his life with said strangers and fell asleep before he even got to her.

As for Nielsen acting poorly in the current arc.... Yeah, I agree with that.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zii didn't set out to break up Sonya and Jake, though she was careless of their feelings. She knew she'd caused trouble between them, went back to apologise (she has a consciennce, when she remembers), and discovered that she hadn't caused too much trouble - but their situation had gone bad due to Jake's selfishness. So then, she rather encouraged Sonya to break up with Jake, but that didn't take much.

So Zii was careless but tried to patch over her mistakes, Jake was selfish but vaguely tried to do the right thing and certainly didn't start the shitshow, and Sonya was mostly just confused. Nobody covered themselves with glory, but we've seen worse behaviour in this comic.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Xexyz

Post by Xexyz »

Vitocap wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:59 am

Actually, I've often wondered how, after sharing such a moment, Zii/Sonya could keep pretending that their relationship was just casual meaningless sex. I mean, Sonya's declaration was a major development event. There's no way they just forgot what happened at that time. So how come the whole thing was never mentioned again?

*Sigh* Guess it fell into a plothole.

:-??
I think it's more that Zii isn't ready for a relationship with Sonya. Zii's always been in casual relationships - she's admitted so herself that she's that kind of person - so her new desire for a more emotionally intimate one is new and frightening for her. For someone like Zii who's just taking baby-steps on the relationship front, Sonya declaring that she'd "stick with you for life" is simply too much Zii at this point. She can't handle it, so she pursues Didi, the woman for whom she's lusted for the entire comic and someone who, like Zii, doesn't appear to form any deep emotional attachments in her romantic relationships. So in addition to being her lust-object, Didi is also safe.

If Didi and Zii pursue a relationship it will represent an opportunity for character development for both of them. For Zii, whether she realizes that a lusty fling with Didi satisfies her new emotional desires, and for Didi, whether or not she realizes that it's not love just because your partner gives you orgasms.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Sonya was Zii's consolation prize, which she was willing to accept in lieu of DiDi. But then DiDi became available, so the consolation prize was no longer wanted. Sucks to be Sonya right now...
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I approve of your word choice in consolation, since being consoling to Zii is what she was trying to do for her (in addition to hot monkey sex, but then those two enjoy that sort of thing).
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.