29-08-17 A lot to talk about

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

SilentChaos87

Re: 29-08-17 A lot to talk about

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Can somebody remind me how many strips we have left in this chapter? Hell I'm having trouble remembering how this one even opened.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

About eleven.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Yeah that facade didn't really last long at all, not that that fact should be surprising of course.

I'm not really sure where this goes from here myself, and honestly the last few strips have kind of thrown me for a loop. Zii going from being "in lust", in her own words, with Didi and trying to rebound into her pants to at least appear to have genuine feelings (her short lived anger sort of fizzled too). Didi's seemingly large obstacle of developing an actual emotional connection apparently just nudged lightly aside (her conclusions from her conversation with Roxie still kind of perplexes me too).

It sort of feels like we've had a bit of a timeskip over some character development or something.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

SilentChaos87 wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:22 pm
Can somebody remind me how many strips we have left in this chapter? Hell I'm having trouble remembering how this one even opened.
10. This is strip 1340.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

It doesn't help that "talking" is a euphemism already used when Ms. Nielsen seduced Vyndicatordecepticon's mother. She probably told that story to her friends and acquaintances.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:05 pm
Do you really think that DiDi has any real understanding of other people's feelings, rather than just sentimentally projecting her own ideas onto them?
I sure don't, at least, because ...
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:42 pm
DiDi has lost several points of IQ since then
This. She really does seem to have gotten noticeably dumber, doesn't she?

Anyway, that deception sure ended quickly. Now I guess we get to watch the fallout.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The characters have suffered a bit from flanderisation, even as the artwork has become more polished and delicious. DiDi has got dumber while Gary has become ever more hopelessly geeky. Zii has survived relatively well, though, presumably because she started with slightly more complexity, which gave her the chance to avoid becoming a self-parody.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

edisnooM wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:11 am
Yeah that facade didn't really last long at all, not that that fact should be surprising of course.

I'm not really sure where this goes from here myself, and honestly the last few strips have kind of thrown me for a loop. Zii going from being "in lust", in her own words, with Didi and trying to rebound into her pants to at least appear to have genuine feelings (her short lived anger sort of fizzled too). Didi's seemingly large obstacle of developing an actual emotional connection apparently just nudged lightly aside (her conclusions from her conversation with Roxie still kind of perplexes me too).

It sort of feels like we've had a bit of a timeskip over some character development or something.
It happened way too fast. I can buy Didi slipping into love with zii, she fell in love with kiley after a couple of hours. Zii's change is what throws it out of whack. She went from lust to love in no time at all and it seems they are playing it straight unlike with Kiley where it is a misunderstanding. After jung's comment on her being more focused on Gary during her complaining I expected this to go somewhere else.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Or Zii is feeling the lack of a bit of old-fashioned romance, and has more of a sentimental side than she likes to admit. So when DiDi went into her romantic spiel, Zii fell for it, in a genuine but shallow way. Which might mean that it won't stick; easy come, easy go.
---------
Spidrift

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:55 am
"Surprisingly"? Come on, it involved DiDi doing something involving thought. A sensible gambler would have had this down as a good each-way bet.
(In other words, great Giz face-drawing in this strip.)
Yes, surprisingly. Didn't expect it to last an arc or even a day, but wasn't expecting it to break in the very first exchange.

And, yes

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I can only a bunch of other posters, panel three expressions are hilarious. Giz is such a great artist!

Also hilarious how DiDi dumps pancakes on Gary's head in the second of those old linked strips. :D He doesn't even notice.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)