Site Admin

28-08-17 Oui bien sur

Post by Giz »

New strip! http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/oui-bien-sur/

Next update on Tuesday as usual!

capicoli

Re: 28-08-17 Oui bien sur

Post by capicoli »

I guess that band stealing guess was wrong. Sonya should have known that nobody interrupts sex in ma3 on purpose. You can't force it.

SilentChaos87

Post by SilentChaos87 »

I can't wait to see how this gets explained away.

I need to stop being sarcastic or it risks spilling out of your monitors and drowning you lot...
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

... So, did Sonya merely imagine the whole encounter?
Though, I do realise it is more likely that it did happen and this was Zii's "Get out of Jail Free" card in effect yet again. Makes Zii and DiDi even worse by the fact that they are covering it up, since that suggests at least Zii knows explicitly what she did (i.e. break a promise and abandon her responsibility to her band) was wrong.
Consequences dodged, I guess? For the moment, anyway... Although, a day long f**kfest might leave evidence enough, but whether Sonya is delusional/obsessed enough to overlook it or it will give her an epiphany about a Zii relationship being impossible.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Seems like it would be a cop out if it was all just Sonya's imagination. I think Zii was lucky enough to sense Sonya was returning and she and DiDi got dressed in time to perform this charade.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:42 am
... So, did Sonya merely imagine the whole encounter?
I don't think so. I mean, in some comics, I'd guess that was possible, but Ma3 has always been very clear what was "real" and what was an imagine spot. Also, Zii's dialogue and timing in the last frame are just a little too perfect. Sure, Ma3 sometimes allows such things for the comedy, but that line stinks of insincerity. I think that Zii came down from a day's worth of orgasmic sex, realised that she was walking into trouble with Sonya, and carefully choreographed a cover-up, triggered when they heard Sonya coming through the front door.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Though, I do realise it is more likely that it did happen and this was Zii's "Get out of Jail Free" card in effect yet again. Makes Zii and DiDi even worse by the fact that they are covering it up, since that suggests at least Zii knows explicitly what she did (i.e. break a promise and abandon her responsibility to her band) was wrong.
There, I'd tend to agree. Zii's luck with her desperate improvisations can sometimes be a little annoying. However, it doesn't always hold - and aside from her own unreliable but real conscience, she now has Gary (and possibly Ruby) to call her on her dubious rationalisations. I suspect that this improvisation won't hold forever, if only because comedy.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Consequences dodged, I guess? For the moment, anyway... Although, a day long f**kfest might leave evidence enough, but whether Sonya is delusional/obsessed enough to overlook it or it will give her an epiphany about a Zii relationship being impossible.
It's quite possible that the improvisation will collapse sooner rather than later, when Sonya finds some evidence - I don't know what ("sticky patches" would be a little gross for this comic), but anything's possible. Equally, we may get weeks of Zii desperately trying to cover up a passionate affair, with DiDi as her dim-witted collaborator.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Taigan

Post by Taigan »

Can't have been Sonya's imagination. She wouldn't know about the flashbacks to when Zii and Didi were being romantic.

So all I can think is "more secrets and lies. Well this can only end well."

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

/facepalm

Teflon for the win.

I guess we'll see how well Didi can keep up the kayfabe of just being Zii's friend. Or, if Didi can understand her role in it and pull it off convincingly and not get confused.

Just throwing this out there: what if it is Didi who eventually breaks off their relationship because Zii is not forthcoming with her love? I seem to recall Didi has been party to some small lies, but this smacks too close to the Brandy-Roxie mess.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

leftturnonly

Post by leftturnonly »

Someone in the Ma3 universe CAN'T expect a sudden door opening without extreme preparation. This was a planned ploy

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

Oh, no no no no. Sonya deserves better than this.

Fortunately, I think DiDi is too stupid to keep what they did hidden long-term.

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Aaaannnndddd this just turned into cheating

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Vitocap wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 pm
So, yeah, odds are that: 1) Sonya spoketh Words of Truth when she says Zii is right now making a huge damn mistake, and 2) Zii will nevertheless luck her way out of any serious consequences that should hit her because of it.

Zii always had that "Teflon Jack" thing about her: a natural repellency to bad karma. Her non-stick coating usually prevents negative consequences from adhering to her.
#-o

Am I good at making predictions or what?

Told y'all.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

KittyHat wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:06 pm

I have to agree. This won't end well. :ymsigh:

AlexDenton

Post by AlexDenton »

KittyHat wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:06 pm

Yep, this is really getting toxic fast. I mean, Sonya and Zii were deluding themselves before, but that was between them, and it really looked like they both knew.
But the situation got so much worse since. I do hope Sonya will see through this bullshit right away.
"Hi. I'm NG Resonance. What would you like to talk about?"
"I like your music."
"I think you're lying."
"Hey -- I'm a fan. You're not supposed to argue with me."
"I'm supposed to make you like me. You like it when I argue."

Quinlan1973

Post by Quinlan1973 »

Ophelianime wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:19 pm
Aaaannnndddd this just turned into cheating

Certainly lying. Sonya explicitly said no sex on my couch. But cheating? Sonya is the one that insists that she and Zii are just "friends with benefits". Now when both Zii & Sonya quit lying to themselves (Sonya's feeling for Zii, Zii's feeling for Gary) Prepare for drama to rain all over the place.