17-08-17 A heart denied true amour

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

edisnooM

Re: 17-08-17 A heart denied true amour

Post by edisnooM »

I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that Didi is mixing up reality and the wrestling fiction or combining the two, which I think also partially accounts for Zii's confusion. Other than that it's a wee bit muddled.

Hyper Magi

Post by Hyper Magi »

Wow, that's a callback gag!
Sparking now, search within your soul to find the answer!
Push yourself to the edge, give 1000%!

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

edisnooM wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:11 pm
I could be wrong, but I'm thinking that Didi is mixing up reality and the wrestling fiction or combining the two, which I think also partially accounts for Zii's confusion. Other than that it's a wee bit muddled.
Muddled, yes. Very. Zii is not the only one feeling confusion.
I do realize DiDi's alluding to Brandy and Roxie, but I don't get what she's trying to say. What "quéfaibe" turned true? Whatever happened to Roxie/Brandy in real life has nothing to do with any face-heel turn in the wrestling universe! Does she even know what she's talking about? :-s
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

sonya sure has been gone a while
Yet still, I live...

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Perhaps Didi is picking up that Brandy & Roxie can't publicly admit that they are lovers, in order for Brandy's new career push to cement? It was heavily influenced on Roxie turning heel on Brandy - in the ring. Having them be seen in public so soon after the heel-turn would risk exposing the kayfabe as false to the masses. They are essentially having a long distance relationship, or have mutually agreed to end/suspend their love affair for the others' benefit. No public display of affection, no dates, no sex, not a single luxury (that lovers share) = no relationship as far as Didi is concerned.

Didi doesn't hide her emotions well, and in her mind love shouldn't be hidden at all. At no point ever did she seem shameful or bashful or shy in proudly publicly announcing that she was a lesbian, despite the fact that she obviously had no idea how to actually 'be' or act lesbian. Now to clarify: I am not stating in any means that one necessarily has to have some sort of mandatory pre-conceived list of qualifications met in order to get one's 'lesbian card'. In Didi's mind: she is in love with a woman and therefore she is a lesbian. No thoughts as to the implications or ramifications that might have; no idea how to actually be lesbian; no self-exploration or introspection. *Poof* instant lesbian. She should have just said that she is in love with Zii, a woman, but then for comedy's sake the joke/exaggeration would have been lost. Could Didi actually be(come) lesbian? Sure. But I think that she, like just about everyone in the Ma3 universe, is bisexual and that putting a label to one's sexuality is defeatist if it limits choosing the one we experiment with or ultimately fall in love with. It also begs the question of what defines a <insert sexuality label here> apart from the Oxford dictionary.

Also point of clarification: obviously there's a first step/first time that a neophyte lesbian acts lesbian... same how everyone learns how to have sex. I'm not faulting Didi for fumbling around with Zii at that moment. I am just trying to point out that Didi may very well be in love with Zii (or Kiley at the time), but that she showed zero interest in sexual reciprocation and yet is displaying undue confidence equating her strong emotions ('love', for simplicity's sake... but that is a separate discussion if Didi truly knows how to love) to an actual bonafide life/label change.

tl;dr Kayfabe confidentiality for the benefit of the job, as opposed to Didi's "quéfaibe" confusion.

It is actually interesting to compare & contrast Sonya & Didi. Both are sex-bombs. Sonya thrives on drama. Didi doesn't understand or dislikes drama. Sonya is seriously in love with Zii and has had spectacular lesbian sex with Yuki, yet clings to the 'not a lesbian' mantra as gospel. Which I suppose is fair since she has recently shagged Gary in order to get Yuki's anger riled. Sonya is also trying to give Zii all the space she can, relationship-wise, in order to not scare her off. Didi as we know has shagged half of the men in Montreal, is clingy and smothering, has no idea how to please a woman yet proudly admits her (burgeoning) lesbian sexuality. Somewhere in the middle, I feel, is where Zii will find her soul mate. Unless it was Eric. Then she's screwed.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Well done!
Sharply observed. Brilliantly analysed. Carefully explained.
Thank you for such a thoughtful post! Image
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Zii might be wondering if it was DiDi who got the brunt smack of the folding chair...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)