Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

15-08-17 Practice practice practice

Post by Giz »

Badman!

Re: 15-08-17 Practice practice practice

Post by Badman! »

Nothing's beautiful like a consented sacrifice Zii ! :))

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

One of these days, Zii is going to start paying full attention to what DiDi says, and realise just how weird her relationship with Kiley actually was.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoeNobody

Post by JoeNobody »

Zii's expression and general demeanor in Panel 3 is very, very Dillonesque to me...

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse, but just what sense does it make to have Didi seek a relationship with Zii when the entirety of the comic until these last few strips has consistently shown how utterly uninterested she's been in Zii sexually? It still feels like a scene got edited out given how Didi did a one eighty from believing Zii loved Gary to suddenly wanting to be with Zii herself.

DocMesa

Post by DocMesa »

Because attraction, romance, desire - none of these matter here. This is purely about f***ing. Didi has discovered Zii can get her off. All else is secondary.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

But wasn't it also established that if its just about sex then Didi can't get off, that she needs the tender/romantic as well as sexual desire?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

While "practice, practice, practice" is legitimate I don't think that is truly where Zii is going with that. Zii is very good at BS. She's just wanting to keep Didi now that she's handled the goods as it were. Zii does not have patience, or at the least, has very little before she gets frazzled. When things don't go her way, she starts looking for the exit. Now I'll admit that she has (in her mind) a great prize in Didi, so she'll suffer through a lot of her bungling. But unless Didi can start getting Zii off, she'll start looking elsewhere for getting her own rocks off. Also, when Didi invariably gets ultra-clingy on Zii, Zii will start feeling constrained and also look for the exit.

I still don't know how this whole dynamic is going to unfold once Sonya gets back in. Zii has a certain teflon-like quality but karma has to get repaid. As I said in the last strip, Zii just bold-faced broke her promise. Sonya would be entitled to completely divorce Zii from her life. Or worse yet, "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" and Sonya becomes Zii's enemy. She could join a rival band or try to sabotage Zii & Didi. I guess we'll see how much teflon Zii has.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

brasca

Post by brasca »

When this volume began Zii was getting frustrated teaching Izzy how to play the guitar. I believe frustration with DiDi will be how this ends.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Yep, in agreement with worldshaking00 and brasca. :)

My two cents is that, while an established character trait, it is still kind of... well, unpleasant that Zii is again "cultivating" another trophy lay, yet feels worse due to a thinly veiled mask of being a "good friend." She did similar grooming with Sonya (the whole burnt tongue introduction, then inadvertently breaking up Sonya and her boyfriend, underlying issues with the latter two notwithstanding), and may have been doing something similar with Izz - although, perhaps showing the slightest bit of restraint for a change due to the statutory situation.
Anyways, preferably Zii will face some consequences for more than a few seconds (possibly a montage of DiDi causing her discomfort instead of pleasure, and maybe the point where DiDi might be getting the hang of it, Sonya/some third wheel interrupts?).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:21 pm
When this volume began Zii was getting frustrated teaching Izzy how to play the guitar. I believe frustration with DiDi will be how this ends.
That rings plausibly. Good guess.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I wonder what would happen to DiDi in that case. Zii still has Sonya, but who will DiDi go to next if this falls through?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Zii and Sonya remaining an item is dubious, as is her living arrangements & band status if Sonya catches them having sex and/or breaking the 'no sex on/in her house' promise. Sonya is going to do her best to keep Zii, but I am sure there's only so much of Zii's wandering eyes/fingers/tongue that Sonya can stomach.

As far as Didi, I don't know. She has to have an emotional attachment to whomever that may be. There's a whole wrestling school to choose from, not to mention Annie Conda would be up for the challenge. There's got to be a reasonable explanation why Annie hasn't sprung onto Didi yet... plot timing is my guess. I still expect the love-hate relationship with Roxie to be a possibility... although there might have to be a lot of alcohol involved at first. It would be a little cliche, for Didi's next partner to be an opposite of her. Kiley is mousey, excitable, educated, but likeable; Roxie is brusque, talented, yet has a shy soft spot deep down. Both are immune to the typical Didi Effect of lust; one is intimidated by her bosom while the other is frustrated with her flounce.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Mesmer7

Post by Mesmer7 »

...and as soon as Didi gets any good, it will be time to bring back Sandra

sparky

Post by sparky »

brasca wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:21 pm
I agree. Should we be speculating on what gets kissed in the last one? At first I thought that it might have something to do with everyone's "favorite", the wrestling school, but I like your idea better.