03-08-17 You hurt me bad

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Vitocap

Re: 03-08-17 You hurt me bad

Post by Vitocap »

Poor Zii.

Sonya said she trusts her. She's trying to do the right thing. She's trying to be worthy of her (non)girlfriend's trust.

But doing the right thing is SO DIFFICULT!!!
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Froboi

Post by Froboi »

As someone who deals with chronic high libido, I understand how going too long without a orgasm can mess with your thinking, but Didi's actions for a while now have fallen just short of irredeemable. I'm really surprised that Kiley never showed DiDi how to pleasure herself, though its likely Didi wouldn't have been interested in that. But after all this time of NOT having orgasms, I figured that Didi would have calmed down, not become MORE single-minded in her pursuits. It's clear that she puts her White Whale over everything, even her friendships. She really needs to see a professional sex therapist (sorry Kiley) and fix herself, because honestly the only way I see Zii getting through to her mentally would be to end the friendship. That MIGHT be the only trigger to get Didi to come to her senses.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Will Zii realise that she gave the same horrible feeling of a broken heart to Erik?

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Someone needs to point out to Zii that now at least she has a little taste of what it has been like for Gary for years: friend-zoned by a nearly endless stream of girls he was attracted to that were perfectly happy ignoring his feelings and flouncing off to have sex with someone else in his view. Zii herself was one of them, no?

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:59 am
So it takes a feeling of actual heartbreak to give Zii character development. Hey ho. Life is pain.
What character development? She acts like Didi was supposed to take all her clues, without her ever out right saying anything and then blame Didi for a broken heart?

Zii should have come out and said it without always trying to trick her into bed. She's also had no clue that it's exactly what she does to others.

This is more like a self pity party

sparky

Post by sparky »

cheshire86 wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:45 pm
Bahgawd, King, that big-bosomed Jezebel just put Zii in a submission hold! This could be the end! :-ss
She might end up in a hospital room near Gary and would be able to hear everything? :ymdevil:

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

DiDi's superpowers of self-obliviation are mind-blowing... :|

Are. You. Liss. Uh. Ning. To. A. Single. Word. I'm. Saying????
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I really hope DiDi finally takes the Hint.

Alice Macher

Post by Alice Macher »

I generally avoid diagnosing fictional characters (that I'm not qualified to diagnose even real-life people is the least of it). But I'm beginning to think DiDi may be a near-textbook case study of narcissistic personality disorder. Whether she realizes it or not, she manages to make everything about her.

Here she's ostensibly apologizing to Zii, but still managing to make it all about her need for yet another "orgasme." So she's still not treating Zii as a person in her own right. Even when Zii outright spells out for her that DiDi broke her heart, DiDi thinks the way to mend it is to have Zii get her off. I don't think there's any malice on DiDi's part; she's just so focused on herself as the only "real" person around, she simply doesn't get that Zii is in love with her.

odalzara

Post by odalzara »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:52 pm
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:59 am
So it takes a feeling of actual heartbreak to give Zii character development. Hey ho. Life is pain.
What character development? She acts like Didi was supposed to take all her clues, without her ever out right saying anything and then blame Didi for a broken heart?

Zii should have come out and said it without always trying to trick her into bed. She's also had no clue that it's exactly what she does to others.

This is more like a self pity party
this so much

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Antinerd wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:13 pm
Someone needs to point out to Zii that now at least she has a little taste of what it has been like for Gary for years: friend-zoned by a nearly endless stream of girls he was attracted to that were perfectly happy ignoring his feelings and flouncing off to have sex with someone else in his view. Zii herself was one of them, no?
That's basically Gary's version of his background. I'm not convinced that he's a reliable narrator.
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:52 pm
What character development?
Saying no to sex. With DiDi. It's not sainthood, but it's something.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

This strip strikes me kind of as the pot calling the kettle black. I'm kind of having difficulty feeling bad for anyone here.

I mean yeah Didi is obviously self-centered (though I think she honestly in her own bizarre way thinks she's doing the right thing), but Zii doesn't exactly have the moral highground here. She flat out told Didi she didn't really love her, and the entire reason she's feeling the way she is now is that her own skeevy plan backfired on her. There's also the old going home with Yuki while she was on a date with Gary and making him listen to her all night too.

Not to mention she was the one who put the idea of "sexual healing" into Didi's head, and ostensibly as "not a big deal" and something "friends did for one another".

While it would be nice (though unlikely) for Didi to have a moment of clarity here, Zii could also do with one too.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Honestly I don't have any sympathy for Zii or Didi at this point. Just have them fuck already. And with at least 3 volumes to go after this one I do wonder where they are going to take the story next.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

@samtheman
Nooo! Remember your promise, Zii!
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.