Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

15-07-17 Not very talkative

Post by Giz »

Badman!

Re: 15-07-17 Not very talkative

Post by Badman! »

Aaaaand the magic's gone and reality strike back ! :))

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Okay! There were a lot of ways this could have gone, but I gotta say I didn't see this one coming! :D

But this is how we get Peggy involved I bet. Maura goes to get the nurse to aid in this hour of need!
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

You are lucky with your date Maura, he is a knocked-out! :p

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

lordoffiling wrote:But this is how we get Peggy involved I bet. Maura goes to get the nurse to aid in this hour of need!
Well, she should -- though she doesn't know that Peggy is a nurse. Still, if she starts yelling for help, Peggy is close to hand. And we probably need Peggy back on the scene if Maura is to find out about Gary's tendency to find himself taking it up the butt. Also, Gary's swings-and-roundabouts insane luck may see him recovering consciousness to discover himself being tended by Maura in her scanties and Peggy in a towel. I've recovered consciousness in worse situations.

Anyway, it does seem like Maura's problem is indeed partly liking 'em macho, silent, and energetic, one way or another -- she may indeed be unused to her dates saying nice things. Also, I'd have found this strip a bit more ... plausible, I guess, if Gary had been more visibly knocked over backwards in the preceding one. He didn't appear to be falling at all, just reeling a little.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Well played, writers, that was hilarious :P

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

That's one fine goose egg there, Gary. Ouch.

Maura did leap on him unexpectedly, and being more muscular she might weigh a bit more compared to her height. Not that Gary hasn't been showing hefting others before, but he was taken by surprise this time. Hence, the bump to the noggin. It must have gotten him just right, too, seeing as how he has taken a beating from Yuki far worse than this before... on several occasions. Maybe the prospect of sex pumped up his adrenalin beforehand and kept him conscious, whereas he wasn't honestly even thinking of scoring with Maura.

Maura probably knows a little first aid, being in a physical sport. Although I can see her being prone to hysterics right now too, and begging Peggy for help (not knowing she's a nurse by profession). I agree, @Spidrft, that there are worse ways to be brought back to consciousness. I wonder how far the bump on the head might go. I don't expect the stereotypical amnesia, just a little TLC and rest to recover. But amnesia might be a fun twist.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Since Peggy's in the shower, she'll likely show up naked beside Gary.

Maura will see that as more competition and get naked too.

Then Gary regains consciousness.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

This being comedy, Gary is unlikely to suffer serious consequences from this concussion. But Peggy has (very rightly) pointed out before that blows to the head are no joke; in fact, I wonder if she'll say "Oh no, not another one", to Maura's confusion.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

And Gary will regain consciousness just in time for Peggy to peg him and for Maura to lose the bet.

Is there really any actual point to this current plot?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Is there any point to the entire comic? It's a bunch of stupid or irresponsible people being stupid and irresponsible. Mostly with sex or geeky references. Feel free to not waste your time on reading it, let alone discussing it.
---------
Spidrift

Hescotti

Post by Hescotti »

Trip to the ER?

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I thought Gary did have a pretty nice, toned musculature? He seems more than just thin. Or does Maura just have high standards for muscles thanks to her profession?

Boro

Post by Boro »

Dammit, "what's her name" wrestler girl! That counts as a bummer for my boy!

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I don't see it's a bummer, Maura is certainly cute. I certainly was hoping she got to experience the swirly.

Anyway, this really isn't how i expected this to go, so i'm intrigued to see where this goes from here, since it seems Gary will be out for awhile.