13-07-17 I over-competed

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 13-07-17 I over-competed

Post by Spidrift »

edisnooM wrote:... memories a bit hazy, did Kiley help Yuki other than with Matt?).
When they first met, Kiley provided Yuki with some relatively rational, conventional-looking psychotherapy. (Clothes on, and I think there was even a Freudian Couch involved.) This appeared to do some good, leading up to the Yuki-Sonya-Gary sex contest. Much later, Kiley got into providing Yuki and Sonya with deranged threesome therapy, complete with gratuitous nudity.

Looking back, Kiley has been flanderised a bit, going from "over-ambitious student" to "breast-crazed loony".
JoybuzzerX wrote:The last panel is a cute image.
Also a familiar one.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Spidrift wrote:Yeah, I guess we've had lesser examples of Gary's Magic Sympathy. It's just that I can't suspend my disbelief for that effect. If being a vaguely nice, sympathetic guy (between long stints of being an annoying dork) reliably got attractive women out of their knickers, the world would be full of happy (if exhausted) geeks. It just doesn't work that way; being sympathetic is at best a starting point, not a deal-closer.
But doesn't it help that Gary is also a very attractive, well-groomed geek? Who also happens to get with incredibly impulsive women? We have to remember who Maura is an expy of as well.

That and the sex drive of most characters in the MA3 world seems a good deal higher than average.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The implausible level of attractiveness helps a little, but it's presented as "scrubs up okay", not "Brad Pitt in Clark Kent's glasses". And it's not like the Ma3 universe is short of good-looking people ready to service those runaway libidos.

And from another point of view, Gary's good looks are part of the same problem as his uncanny ability to charm women out of their knickers with one sentence of kindness. They're both part of his weird and implausible good luck that clashes with rather than balancing his geeky hopelessness.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

That's a disturbingly intense glompage you've got there... :-s
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)