Post by Giz »

Hogan

Re: 01-07-17 Are you two an item

Post by Hogan »

2 + 2 = 4.65 ... standard MA3 social math :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The slow-motion car crash continues. Though Maura's logic is hardly all that weird.

And Maura is quite amusing, but this really is a repeat of the early basic Sonya joke. I guess that the comic endgame could have Maura and Sonya locked in the same house, re-enacting the end of that Star Trek original series episode with the guys with the black-and-white faces.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Holy crap, I just realized that the bet Maura made will end in a tie.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I believe this to be Maura's competitive athlete aspect coming through. She sized up Peggy just like any other girl she's been in the ring with.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

AnUnconcernedCitizen

Post by AnUnconcernedCitizen »

Further proof that Gary has the luck of the gods; he can praise the woman he didn't keep the date with while asking for confirmation from the woman he did keep the date with and still come out with a gain, just due to a character trait of the second woman (competitiveness).

At this rate Maura is going to get in a threesome with Gary and Peggy within 3 strips just to compete against her...

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I enjoyed the subconscious flirting both Peggy & Gary were engaging in in Panel 1. It was like the two of them were setting up a sexy role-play encounter for the after-movie entertainment.

Maura has some serious looks that can kill. While I don't really fault Maura for feeling like the third wheel on her own date, that was getting pretty ugly by Panel 4. Makes me wonder how Maura will start to get 'competitive' back - will she try to trip up Peggy to make herself look good or if she'll just pour it on thick with Gary to make him forget about Peggy. Could go either way considering her wrestling background.

The 'needing milk' comment reminded me of one of Kiley & Matt's nonchalant discussions too. Nice to see the symmetry.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

AnUnconcernedCitizen wrote:Further proof that Gary has the luck of the gods; he can praise the woman he didn't keep the date with while asking for confirmation from the woman he did keep the date with and still come out with a gain, just due to a character trait of the second woman (competitiveness).
Yeah, good point. Gary gets away with being an arse, again. Though he's probably wiped out any chances of developing any sort of emotional relationship with Maura; she's now just going to treat him as a means to an end (defeating Peggy).

But being treated as a means to an end has got Gary hot monkey sex with more women than many men manage in a lifetime, so one's sympathy may be limited.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

"Hon?"

Is Peggy showing an interest in something more than casual sex?

DaremoTen

Post by DaremoTen »

Strangely enough, this strip made me think of a post made long ago...

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1059&start=15#p125913

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

gary, you suck so hard, and deserve none of the nice things that have ever happened to you.

this is really starting to remind me of how he behaved with his date in paris.
Yet still, I live...

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Just when it looks like Gary and Peggy might be developing their relationship beyond friends with benefits, Maura takes over Sonya's role in relation to Gary. Are the writers really going to rehash the "two women fight over Gary" plot again?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

the setup here is not so much "2 women competing for gary" as it is "one woman trying to compete against someone who's not actually competing"

less of a rehash, more remix i think.
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

'J' wrote:gary, you suck so hard, and deserve none of the nice things that have ever happened to you.

this is really starting to remind me of how he behaved with his date in paris.
Yeah. One could feel some sympathy for Gary just lacking any talent for social niceties or much practise, but he can be such a frikkin' jerk.
samtheman wrote:Just when it looks like Gary and Peggy might be developing their relationship beyond friends with benefits, Maura takes over Sonya's role in relation to Gary. Are the writers really going to rehash the "two women fight over Gary" plot again?
It looks like Maura's going to be fighting, even if Peggy has too much sense to want to be any more than friends with Gary. But Maura is somewhat entitled to turn aggressive, given that she thought she was on a date.
---------
Spidrift