01-07-17 Are you two an item

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

edisnooM

Re: 01-07-17 Are you two an item

Post by edisnooM »

Spidrift wrote:DiDi complained about her lack of orgasms, weeping as she did so; Peggy reacted to that. And the conversation with Gary started as a casual post-coital "tell me about yourself" chat. Peggy isn't unsympathetic, but she's not super-empathetic. And on this occasion, she tried to leave Gary and Maura on their own, respecting the social niceties just fine - and Gary wouldn't let her go. She's reacting to that. Heck, she may be assuming that Gary wants to keep Maura at a distance for some reason, and was signalling for help...
Well difference of read on the character maybe, I mean at the very least Peggy is a nurse and most people I know that work in healthcare typically get into it because they like people and helping them, which usually requires a bit of empathy. Burnout can be a definite thing but she doesn't strike me as on her last nerve.

Also Gary didn't really seem to be twisting her arm, he said he felt bad that she would be on her own, she correctly realized that it would be awkward, then Gary said it wouldn't, then forgot Maura's name at which point Maura responded loudly (and seemingly upset). I think that exchange alone should have been a good sign that it would indeed be awkward. She seems like a pretty smart cookie (as opposed to Didi or even Maura who I could see being oblivious) so I would have thought she would pick up on the clues, Gary calling off their plans for a prior engagement with Maura, his awkward stumbling explanations, Maura's obvious consternation at the proceedings.

And personally to me it doesn't really seem like she is running interference or trying to help Gary during the movie, it seems more like she is just carrying on as though it was just her and Gary at the movie, seemingly oblivious of Maura and the impact this is having on their date. But as I've said this could change in the next strip(s).

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Sigh. I get it, okay? You want Peggy to be a much better person than the rest of the Ma3 cast, and are irritated that she isn't. Well, she isn't. I've pointed out that one can construct vaguely coherent explanations for her behaviour; if you don't like those, well, there's mot much more anyone can do. I don't feel like repeating myself yet again.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Sorry I apologize for irritating you on this. It's not that I want or think that Peggy is a better person than the Ma3 cast (although possibly some), merely that her behaviour seemed kind of strange. If she was a selfish character ala Matt I could see her just not caring that she was intruding, but she doesn't seem like she is. If she was oblivious like Didi or Maura I could see her not realizing that she was being a third wheel, but again she doesn't seem like she is. So in this instance it seems to me like she is just acting as plot demands.

Again, sorry. Agree to disagree.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Looks like Peggy is Pine-ing for the lead actor...
Spidrift wrote:It's not her fault if Gary has the emotional sensitivity of a grease stain.
We here at Spot, Blotch & Splash wish to inform you, Mr. Spi Drift, that our client, Gree S. Stain, has hired our team to file a libel suit against you, for claiming our client's emotional sensitivity is comparable to that of GARY.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)