Milnoc

Re: 27-06-17 Brave for ten seconds

Post by Milnoc »

That went South mighty quick! :))

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Awwwwww, but he tried! God bwess his wittle heart! xD
Last edited by lordoffiling on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

WizzarTheRed

Post by WizzarTheRed »

Even after growing a spine, life finds a way to punch Gary in the balls...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

"Big boy assless chaps" indeed. Still, eccentric turns of phrase notwithstanding, we see here why Gary needs someone like Tracy in his life; she stops the vortex of comedy stupidity around him from collapsing into a singularity.

Though the usually-sane Peggy is clipped by the idiot ball here. If she actually remembered what Gary said, she could guess what's going on and not make tactless remarks like that. Still, let's politely assume that this is a momentary startled aberration, and that she might even make it clear to Maura that she and Gary are just friends.

But of course, tact isn't on the menu, because someone has to tell Maura about Peggy's relationship with Gary's butt. Though that'll quite likely fall to Gary himself to do.

Cute girl on the ticket counter, incidentally. Is Montreal really quite such a Fortress of Pulchritude?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I feel bad for Gary, he did the responsible thing and still ended up in an awkward situation.

magicrectangle

Post by magicrectangle »

I really doubt Peggy would make drama over this. Not only is she not the jealous type, she knows for sure that Gary had 12 hours of marathon sex with DiDi last night. Well maybe she doesn't know exact details, but she knows enough. It didn't stop her from asking him to a movie.

So if there's drama (which of course there has to be), it is going to come from Maura. Or I suppose it could be one of those situations where the girls just gossip about Gary right in front of him, in the most embarrassing way possible. I could definitely see Peggy not realizing that Gary is super shy and easily embarrassed, given how they met.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:I feel bad for Gary, he did the responsible thing and still ended up in an awkward situation.
Honestly? It's not a great situation, but it shouldn't be disastrous. In the real world, Gary could introduce Peggy to Maura as his new roommate, with everybody finding polite ways to paraphrase "just a friend", and no harm would be done.

Of course, this being Ma3, it'll all go pear-shaped, and Gary being Gary, he'll talk himself into some kind of humiliation. But that's what he gets for signing up as a comedy protagonist. That and insane amounts of hot sex.
magicrectangle wrote:I really doubt Peggy would make drama over this. Not only is she not the jealous type, she knows for sure that Gary had 12 hours of marathon sex with DiDi last night. Well maybe she doesn't know exact details, but she knows enough. It didn't stop her from asking him to a movie.
Night before last, I think. But sure, Peggy is a cool person.
So if there's drama (which of course there has to be), it is going to come from Maura. Or I suppose it could be one of those situations where the girls just gossip about Gary right in front of him, in the most embarrassing way possible. I could definitely see Peggy not realizing that Gary is super shy and easily embarrassed, given how they met.
You forget the real expert at humiliating Gary in this comic and this scene; Gary himself. He's fully capable of making a grade-A pratt of himself with no female assistance.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zorlond

Post by Zorlond »

Well this shouldn't be much of an issue. As long as everybody is a reasonable person, and Gary makes it clear that this date was, in fact, his previous commitment (which would naturally take precedence), things should go smoothly. They'd simply take seats apart inside the theater. No theater I know of would force assigned seating arrangements even on a sold-out showing.

Of course, having said all that, I fully realize not a single bit of it will come to pass, this being a comedy comic and all. Popcorn, anyone? :)

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

No, this was Fates plan all along. This was written in prophecies of the cavemen to happen and so it has.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Remember Tracy's advice, Gary. Use it again in this situation. Just be open and say you had an indeterminate date with Maura set and the events collided. You could also throw in there a whisper that you were just not wanting Maura to get the wrong impression (or scared off). And apologize again, maybe with a hint of a late(r) night rendez-vous if she's up to it. Should work. It's not like lightning could strike twice {probably will} or a third time even {Yuki or Zii/Sonya shows up} or a fourth time {Didi}... nope... never a chance for that to happen.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Lmao. Even when Gary tries to do the right thing he still gets hosed. And because of that Yuki and possibly more of the cast will show up at the theater. Dillon and Amber haven't made an appearance in this comic for a while...

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

This could actually be good for Gary. Maura is about to meet one of the people who can confirm that Gary is most definitely not gay.

Yes I know I'm most likely hoping in vain for this to go Gary's way. Dillon will show up and drape himself all over Gary before Peggy can say a word. If not, Maura will end up thinking that Gary's sneakily (hahaha!) trying to arrange a threesome or something, and after making a scene will walk off in a huff.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

Spidrift wrote:Cute girl on the ticket counter, incidentally. Is Montreal really quite such a Fortress of Pulchritude?
Though I could never afford to go when I was a younger man, when I was in college I had several male friends who would do all their spring breaks in Montreal because they allegedly got to hook up with the "hottest, horniest chicks evah". And keep in mind, this was a college in coastal southern California, so we had no shortage of attractive people on campus.

Gredinus

Post by Gredinus »

Garry be like: