Giz
Site Admin

22-06-17 Competitive flirting instinct

Post by Giz »

UnsightlyWalrus

Re: 22-06-17 Competitive flirting instinct

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

Wow, way to assume.

There's a reason I try my hardest to not assume anything about anything or anyone.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yeah, but... She has a point. Also, Maura definitely has her own amusing quirks.

Nice art today, too. He says lubriciously.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...how does Tess know Zii again (assuming against all odds she hasn't slept with her)?
Last edited by Storm-forge mystique on Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She was there when Zii showed up wit Gary and consoled/attempted to seduce DiDi.

Incidentally, one notes that Tess is developing as significantly more cerebral than Maura.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Some of those spinning plates were unbalanced from the get-go, it would seem. The levels of assumptions in this strip alone are staggering. This is only going to be a train wreck, although a must-watch.

In David Attenborogh's voice, "Now we see a wild Maura getting ready for a date." She is a little fetching in her black skimpies, and it is actually sort of funny watching her strut & preen in front of the mirror; it's something we don't really see the other female cast do. I wonder if Maura teasing Tess is going to have Tess try to wiggle her way to the cineplex.

Maura's competitiveness is going to get tested, since Peggy will be there looking like someone Gary is interested in. Maybe she'll see Gary and her being chummy. Maybe she'll think she can make Gary straight? This will also be a grand test for Peggy, too, in her actual feelings towards Gary. I don't expect her to fight over Gary with Maura, but I get the feeling there's going to be something more entertaining than just the feature presentation at the cineplex. I hope that Peggy doesn't do something rash, and part of me hopes that Maura won't be overly hands-y with Gary.

Definitely going to need some popcorn...
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I don't think Archie ever had this problem with Betty or Veronica.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:She was there when Zii showed up wit Gary and consoled/attempted to seduce DiDi.

Incidentally, one notes that Tess is developing as significantly more cerebral than Maura.
Yeah, while she's wrong, i can see how Tess reached that conclusion. The only place her logic is suspect is with thinking Gary is gay.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

So it looks like Maura was being sincere in the date and not nefarious. But it also seems like she only went after Gary because he was there, so I guess it remains to be seen if she'll actually be interested in him during the date. She said she loves superhero movies so that's a start.

And of course there has to be the added wrinkle of orientation confusion hijinks because this is Ma3. :))

You know with Peggy, Maura, and Gary already going to the movie, why do I get the feeling that there is going to be other surprise attendees to further add to whatever craziness ensues.

SuperAnon

Post by SuperAnon »

yuh-huh never underestimate a straight guy's ability to fap to two smoking hot bi-gurls.

Although with all the swirlies you'd think at least 1 lady be polite enough to return the favor.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Well when Maura sees Gary with Peggy and finds out they have a history then Maura will know that Gary isn't gay. As for what happens next, I'm hoping this double date leads Peggy into realizing her feelings for Gary go beyond friends with benefits.
edisnooM wrote:You know with Peggy, Maura, and Gary already going to the movie, why do I get the feeling that there is going to be other surprise attendees to further add to whatever craziness ensues.
I was thinking about that too but who would show up? If they are going to see Wonder Woman, then I could see Yuki show up because she's a feminist isn't she? Tracy and her boyfriend might show up too because her boyfriend is a male feminist.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Jung, writing a piece on audience reactions or the movie itself?
Kiley, cuz why not? Need her to spill the beans on Didi's issue.
Lynn, because she wants to see the movie but then hounds Maura?
Matt, for a future foursome?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Just a reminder: This is strip 1313, so we have 37 more strips (or 12 more weeks after this Saturday's strip) until the end of Volume 9, so this movie-some may be the beginning of the climax moment, or not... We'll see...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:She is a little fetching in her black skimpies, and it is actually sort of funny watching her strut & preen in front of the mirror; it's something we don't really see the other female cast do.
DiDi doesn't need to, Zii runs on sexy casualness, Kiley lacks the self-confidence - but one does recall Sonya shopping for the competitive date.
Cortez wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Incidentally, one notes that Tess is developing as significantly more cerebral than Maura.
Yeah, while she's wrong, i can see how Tess reached that conclusion.
I was thinking more of the fact that Tess uses words like "competitive flirting instinct" and Maura doesn't know what they mean. Combine that with the scene with Lynn in the cafe and it's clear who has the regular working brain in that friendship, and who hasn't.
---------
Spidrift

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

worldshaking00 wrote:Jung, writing a piece on audience reactions or the movie itself?
Kiley, cuz why not? Need her to spill the beans on Didi's issue.
Lynn, because she wants to see the movie but then hounds Maura?
Matt, for a future foursome?
I could see Jung show up to blog about how horrible the movie is but ends up liking it like Dillon's play.
As for Kiley, I could only see her show up if she reconciled with Matt and shows up with him.
Lynn, possibly but not likely unless Didi plans on going and Lynn finds out somehow.
And Matt might only be there if he got Kiley back and is on a date with her.

But whatever happens and whoever shows up it will still be a hilarious disaster. Especially if Yuki does show up and sees Gary on a double date with two women.