Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

15-06-17 Go to town

Post by Giz »

Milnoc

Re: 15-06-17 Go to town

Post by Milnoc »

I remember that night very well! I believe it was the last time the strip showed so much nudity before the advertisers started to protest! :p

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

How did Didi forget that?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

DiDi. Enough said.

But anyhow, my sympathy is with Peggy. How can one hold a conversation in the Ma3 universe without finding oneself discussing inappropriately intimate details of past sexual escapades?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Didi considered Zii a friend, and that's about it. But she really considered her a friend. It makes sense that Didi would, in her childlike mentality, not fully come to grips about Zii not wanting to come back to her 'home' and that Gary would relinquish her room to Peggy so quickly. One could parallel a young child not grasping their parents' divorce. I'm sure there'll be some more pouting, but we'll have to see if Didi actually reaches tantrum level.

Peggy should be a very good roommate, with the potential exception of not cleaning up as much due to her long hours at work (and needed sleep afterwards) and potentially awkward hours she might be called in to the hospital.

Also, Peggy, roommates shouldn't have too many secrets between them. Gary must hear these details... over waffles! ;)

Side note: thanks Didi for wearing your skimpies. It is a good contrast to Peggy's more 'practical' sleepwear.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:Peggy should be a very good roommate, with the potential exception of not cleaning up as much due to her long hours at work (and needed sleep afterwards) and potentially awkward hours she might be called in to the hospital.
She's a nurse. Keeping stuff clean and tidy is second nature to her.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Milnoc wrote:I remember that night very well! I believe it was the last time the strip showed so much nudity before the advertisers started to protest! :p
And that story is still giving us advertising issues to this day! Ugh.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

My total sympathy.

This is one of those moments when one feels obliged to mutter "Patreon?" and then back away.
---------
Spidrift

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:She's a nurse. Keeping stuff clean and tidy is second nature to her.
She's also a tired human being, and rightly so. Her job site mentality is to keep things organized, sanitary, and professional. I think every one of us would expect nothing less from an actual hospital nurse. But after pulling a 12+ hour stressful day on her feet, I severely doubt the first thing she's going to want to do when getting home is to clean the commode or do laundry or cook a meal for the other two roomies. On her days off? Sure, why not!
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:My total sympathy.

This is one of those moments when one feels obliged to mutter "Patreon?" and then back away.
Patreon is not a bad idea, it however would likely kill some of their revenue as they would have to hope their audience follows and donates and aren't donating enough to others already.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I believe that it's possible to give Patreon backers access to ad-free comics (and the occasional snippet of exclusive material). The switch-over to a patronage system from an ad-based system doesn't have to be instantaneous and total.
---------
Spidrift

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

You know, it's funny that the new roommate is someone that has had sex with Didi and Gary, considering why Zii left.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The problem would be finding someone who hadn't had sex with one or both of them, or at least tried. (Ruby is assumed to be unavailable.)

Leave it, Jake. It's Montreal.
---------
Spidrift

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Passing Through wrote:How did Didi forget that?
It didn't penetrate through her skull that anything unusual and worthy of remembrance happened.

IOW, Didi.
Spidrift wrote:The problem would be finding someone who hadn't had sex with one or both of them, or at least tried. (Ruby is assumed to be unavailable.)
The Boneularity grows ever-closer...

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

You know I have to say, Gary's ongoing nonchalance here continues to surprise me. I mean I know that pacificity is more or less a key part of his character, but seeing as he started out telling Didi he would "Bring her back", then his call to Jung made it seem like he was actively searching, and even as recent as last strips "Why? This is her home!". But immediately after that he seems to have just calmly accepted the fact that Zii is gone and Peggy is taking her spot.