Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

13-06-17 Dead on my feet

Post by Giz »

Spidrift

Re: 13-06-17 Dead on my feet

Post by Spidrift »

Y'know, this comic doesn't do "karma" -- but every now and again, a genuinely likable character gets the happiness they deserve, and it's nice to see that.

Sleep well, Peggy.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Oh Peggy, how can you have told such an obvious lie? :(

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

There will be nights where Peggy will want to get cozy with Gary.

Tonight's not one of those nights. :)

Boomer_Gonzales

Post by Boomer_Gonzales »

Been there. Oh that sweet first time when you have a bed to yourself and absolutely no reason to share it with anybody.

Also, it looks like poor Gary gets 'the itch' just from seeing Peggy. Oh well, to each their own.

Sweet dreams and SNU-SNU for all. XD

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Oh, she will be enjoying herself in the bedroom allright... aaaaall nigt! :D

Sleep well Peggy, i envy you :-)

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Y'know, this comic doesn't do "karma" -- but every now and again, a genuinely likable character gets the happiness they deserve, and it's nice to see that.

Sleep well, Peggy.
I'd really like to believe that, but I'm just waiting for the other shoe to drop. This arrangement is just too good. She's got a bed of her own, rent shouldn't be a problem if Zii could afford to live there on a comic book shop wage, DiDi is an excellent cook, booty calls are just a door away, and Peggy has slept with both of her roommates so there isn't any weirdness there. This is just too good to be true.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Of course another shoe will drop. It's a comedy. But it's a comedy that allows its characters their small triumphs and their moments of uncomplicated success -- and I'm pretty sure that this will be one of those for Peggy. She'll get her goddamn night's sleep, in a double bed all to herself.

Which is all it takes, and all that anyone can hope for. Sometimes, you're hanging off the cliff with one tiger at the top and another at the bottom, and you just have to taste the perfect wild strawberries, you know?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Jobe00

Post by Jobe00 »

While I understand Peggy turning down the offer, sometimes when someone wants to sleep with you, they actually mean sleeping together.
"The future ain't what it used to be."
-Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Jobe
"Universes Exist in My Mind."

brasca

Post by brasca »

I think that's what Gary meant, but he's so accommodating all she'd have to do is lay back and let his tongue do the rest.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Jobe00 wrote:While I understand Peggy turning down the offer, sometimes when someone wants to sleep with you, they actually mean sleeping together.
This.

Gary understands their relationship, although I am sure he wouldn't mind their relationship becoming something more. Her response, while entirely appropriate for a hard working lady who just wants to sleep comfortably, also perfectly illustrates Peggy's idea of their relationship: it is just sex with a little dialogue and roleplay. Maybe Gary is feeling lonely, especially not having Lita curled up next to him, or is missing a third roomie in general. Maybe Gary thinks Peggy wouldn't mind just snuggling, and seeing how their relationship might blossom, now that she's moved in.

Truth be told, I was more than a little shocked at Gary's forthrightness in asking Peggy to sleep in his bed with him. It was a gentlemanly enough offer considering their booty-call relationship. It also shows how much Gary has emotionally grown up hen it comes to women he's comfortable around. Well done Gary. Tonight might not have been the right night to ask, but good on you.

I wonder how a Yuki/Gary/Didi/Peggy interaction will be. Poor Gary, the lucky bastard.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Jobe00 wrote:While I understand Peggy turning down the offer, sometimes when someone wants to sleep with you, they actually mean sleeping together.
Even then, i think she wanted a bed all to herself at this moment.

magicrectangle

Post by magicrectangle »

Are furnished apartments the norm in Montreal? Or did Zii just abandon her own bed?

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

I don't know what's the norm in Montreal, but I don't see any bed among Zii's effects when she moved in. http://www.menagea3.net/d/20080531.html

Eisu

Post by Eisu »

You'll also notice that the bed is in the room when Zii left:
http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/rebound-all-over-toi

Pillows and cover might have been provided by Gary with whatever extra he might have.