13-06-17 Dead on my feet

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

edisnooM

Re: 13-06-17 Dead on my feet

Post by edisnooM »

So I have to say this was far more anti-climatic than I was anticipating, but given the way it ends with Peggy looking so content I can't help but imagine the next panel will be something jarring. Off the top of my head, Didi bursting into the room upset that she has taken Zii's spot, or thinking that it is Zii back in there. Or Gary and Didi noisily keeping her awake all night.

I have to admit, Gary giving her the room so quickly kind of surprised me, has enough time passed that rent was becoming an issue?

Also now that Gary knows where Zii is I'm curious to see how he will act with that info.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Even if it's not furnished, beds are a pain in the ass to move... I know people of rather meager means who've abandoned them just because it's not worth it. Either way, though, Zii took it from one of the boys anyway.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

edisnooM wrote:I have to admit, Gary giving her the room so quickly kind of surprised me, has enough time passed that rent was becoming an issue?
She's a good (and trustworthy) friend who clearly needs a place to stay for the night. What's he going to do, turn her away from his door? Details can be sorted out later. And if he does need a new tenant, he knows she's likeable, clean, tidy, and employed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Just realised something.

Doesn't Peggy normally sleep naked?

Will the book contain an uncensored version of this page?

Gary also sleeps naked.

Will Gary also be naked both in an uncensored version of this strip and in the previous strip when he answers the door?

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Aww, I think Gary just wanted to cuddle but I fully understand why Peggy wants a bed all to herself. I'm still hopeful Gary and Peggy will go beyond a FWB relationship. But brasca is probably right and another shoe is about to drop.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Spidrift wrote:She's a good (and trustworthy) friend who clearly needs a place to stay for the night. What's he going to do, turn her away from his door? Details can be sorted out later. And if he does need a new tenant, he knows she's likeable, clean, tidy, and employed.
Oh I can understand letting a friend stay the night, but it's that he went from "Why? This her home!" to "I guess it's convenient rent-wise." It seems like he's already made the decision to give her Zii's room. I just sort of expected more resistance from Gary or Didi (that could still be to come I suppose).

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I am very surprised Eulice's landlady sense hasn't been piqued yet. She must be on vacation or feeling under the weather.

Rereading the strip again, I am also more than a little bummed that Peggy is wearing the clothing she's wearing in the strip. I expected something else... something definitely skimpier. I suppose she just threw on something and decided it was comfortable enough. I know she wasn't dressing to impress for Gary, but I expected something more lacey (or two-piece) and less "hospital gown." Perhaps she needed to do laundry? There's always tomorrow. :YMDAYDREAM:
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Milnoc wrote:Just realised something.

Does she? I had a similar thought, but only because the position of the bedsheet would make such a panel very at home in "classic" Ma3, and something about the top doesn't look quite right; even if she does normally sleep naked, though, this joke kind of works better with street clothes.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

edisnooM wrote:I just sort of expected more resistance from Gary or Didi (that could still be to come I suppose).
You ... sort of ... expected resistance ... from Gary?

Snork. Gurgle. Cough...

Oh. Oh, no. I just can't keep a straight face...

(And it's not like this is something that's even particularly bad from his point of view.)
Storm-forge mystique wrote:I had a similar thought, but only because the position of the bedsheet would make such a panel very at home in "classic" Ma3, and something about the top doesn't look quite right; even if she does normally sleep naked, though, this joke kind of works better with street clothes.
Yeah. Whatever Peggy's normal preferences (which I'm sure can vary with temperature and mood), we readers are going to find a naked Peggy sexy. She's an attractive woman. Which would mess up the whole point of this strip; Peggy isn't interested in sex right now; she just wants to crash the hell out.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Jobe00

Post by Jobe00 »

Cortez wrote:
Jobe00 wrote:While I understand Peggy turning down the offer, sometimes when someone wants to sleep with you, they actually mean sleeping together.
Even then, i think she wanted a bed all to herself at this moment.
The last panel makes this quite obvious.
"The future ain't what it used to be."
-Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra

Jobe
"Universes Exist in My Mind."

Burori

Post by Burori »

Milnoc wrote:Just realised something.

Gary also sleeps naked.

Will Gary also be naked both in an uncensored version of this strip and in the previous strip when he answers the door?

Just because someone sleeps in their bed naked doesn't mean they don't have a bathrobe or something to toss on when they need to answer the door lol
magicrectangle wrote:Are furnished apartments the norm in Montreal? Or did Zii just abandon her own bed?
You can find housing with furnishing in Montreal as well as anywhere else in canada as far as I know.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Haha, ever since I moved to Spain I know this feeling. :)

Of course, at times I'd like to share it with a certain someone... :(
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)