10-06-16 I need a bed I can sleep in

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Error of Logic

Re: 10-06-16 I need a bed I can sleep in

Post by Error of Logic »

Well, it'd be good for the apartment's sanity quotient if Peggy moved in. *shrug*

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Wether it doesn't last or not, it'll be interesting to see more of Peggy if the focus shifts to the apartment. I can't help but like her character a lot, not only she's pretty sensible and always engages in funny shenanigans with Garry, but someone with -actual- common sense in a universe like Ma3 is always amusing to watch.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm really liking this development because maybe now the relationship between Gary and Peggy will develop beyond friends with benefits. But unfortunately, about the time Gary and Peggy might start getting serious is when Yuki will claim that she's cured and she will re-stake her claim on Gary regardless of his opinion on the matter. Ugh, I really don't want Gary ending up with Yuki and I know it's going to happen but I'll keep reading anyway because I want to see what happens to Peggy, Zii, Sonya, Kiley, and Matt.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

Yay, just as predicted.

Been calling it since we saw this scene:

Remember the lesson, kiddies: commitment gets you the girl.

Sonya is the new poster girl for this precept.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

Boomer_Gonzales

Post by Boomer_Gonzales »

rpr wrote:
EvilSnack wrote:I'm surprised nobody has made this joke, but...

Hasn't she been filling Gary's "vacancy" for some time already?
I also was noticing the position of Gary's left hand, as in anticipation.... Or maybe is just classical conditioning? :))
I saw that too. Poor Gary is already imagining how sore his pucker is going to get. Of course, just like Peggy's lower front got ripped, Gary could get a ripped lower back making him a furniture moving titan...or at least 'noticed' more for having a cute butt. <cue Matt coming through the door>
XD

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

It looks like Peggy came over to Gary's early in the morning before Gary would have normally woke up.
Unless those are knots in a wooden door above his head, those look like bubbles... the kind that normally accompany comicverse-people who are groggy or drunk and not thinking clearly. He probably is still sore from having his pelvis ground up under Didi's relentless assault the night (?) before; which when combined with a stereotypical male butt scratch upon wakening (hand near rear end), being groggy makes more sense than Gary having a sixth sense rear iris pucker.

Just my observation, YMMV.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Did Gary mention Zii by name to Peggy? If so that may help her clue in on the situation. At any rate I get the feeling she will in some way lead to a meeting of the three again, or at least Gary and Zii.

Also I can't help thinking that Didi and Gary might be a little bit protective about giving up Zii's room.

@worldshaking00

Answering the door in his knickers would lend to the groggy or drunk interpretation.

I don't actually recall ever seeing Gary drunk though, so if that's the case this time is he drowning his sorrows? Seems a bit extreme since he didn't seem overly broken up when last we saw him, but a flashback could explain that.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gary mentioned Zii by name to Peggy when she asked him what he was looking for in a girl. And the only times we've seen him drunk (or having been drunk) were on the plane with Senna, and after Sandra drew him into a drinking game. He usually seems to be teetotal.

Anyway, those blobs look like drawing accidents to me.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Spidrift wrote:Gary mentioned Zii by name to Peggy when she asked him what he was looking for in a girl.
Thanks, that was the time I was thinking of but I couldn't remember if he had actually dropped her name or just pictured her while talking (for those viewing beyond the fourth wall).

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Vitocap wrote:Remember the lesson, kiddies: commitment gets you the girl.

Sonya is the new poster girl for this precept.
And how likely is it that said commitment on Zii's side will go out the door as soon as she spots a new prospective partner? After all this whole time it doesn't seem like Zii's been yearning for commitment so much as someone who wants her and she can relieve her sex drive with.

I just think if Sonya expects this to continue to be just the two of them she's looming for disappointment.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

And so the great debate: Bob Ross "happy accident" blobs or stupor bubbles?

I think a Sonya and Zii love relationship might be able to work out, at least for the time being. Zii is bruised and has been on a steady decline for quite a while now. That might be what her 'rock bottom' looked like. She's desperate for someone to cling on to who values her as a sexual & special human being, and had too much pride in herself to 'beg' or to consider being seen with 'the geeky guy'. As far as Sonya goes, I am sure she is mad for Zii and has been since the cafe incident. I just question whether he need for drama will spill over into her actual Zii love relationship and cause it to have issues. Isn't make-up sex supposed to be extra hot, stereotypically?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I still think that if Sonya actually get's what she thinks she wants with Zii she'll be "bored in four days" with her too, and if Zii actually gets invested in this in any way it could leave her worse off than before. All in all I can't help but see an impending train-wreck, but it should provide some entertaining (if possibly depressing) happenings.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

edisnooM wrote:Dill

I don't actually recall ever seeing Gary drunk though,
Here you go:

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Too_ ... n_for_them

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Thanks. Actually those drunk bubbles do bear a resemblance to the ones in this strip.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I can't help thinking that if Gary was meant to look drunk or hungover or just badly frazzled, it'd be be indicated by something clearer than some faint pale pixels. The bubbles on that old strip are just embellishments on Gary's contorted facial expressions. This is usually a very clear, straightforward comic, visually. That's Giz's style, thanks to her well-known taste in influences.

I still reckon this is just a shading accident, though it may indicate that he's a bit woozy having just woken up, or just been screwed stupid by DiDi again. He is wearing just his boxers, after all. Actually, given that Peggy would seem unlikely to drop by very early in the morning, I think that the lack of clothes may indicate that the amazon is still trying to screw satisfaction out of Gary by sheer persistence. Is the next joke going to be that Peggy is kept awake in this new place by the sounds of a different couple shagging like amplified monkeys all bloody night?

(And having just recently seen Wonder Woman, I'm suddenly finding calling DiDi by that soubriquet a bit weirder.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.