10-06-16 I need a bed I can sleep in

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

magicrectangle

Re: 10-06-16 I need a bed I can sleep in

Post by magicrectangle »

Gary, Zi, and DiDi are the eponymous menage a trois, so I don't really see this lasting.

I've always assumed the bookend for the final series of the comic would be the Gary, Zi, DiDi trio in bed, and it seems like progress is finally being made towards that end, too. Zii moving out is a speedbump, but it is just part of her realizing what she actually wants. Looks like Gary will be having some (more) fun with Peggy in the meantime though.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Wearing his boxers could mean a lot of things. Gary's probably decent & modest enough to normally put on a robe or some such before opening a door to strangers; perhaps his new sexual identity is making him more confident in his body subconsciously?

Even if the next joke was Peggy being unable to sleep due to loud sexy moaning, she's still a step up in that she shouldn't be getting a heel to the back of the head. If Didi can get over 'coming between Zii & Gary' then I can see her trying to shag him again. I can also see their humping being more of a 'one and done', at the very least until someone gets the truth of Didi's problem out of Kiley.

I'm still very happy to see Peggy coming back to the forefront.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

magicrectangle wrote:Gary, Zi, and DiDi are the eponymous menage a trois, so I don't really see this lasting.
Agreed.
I've always assumed the bookend for the final series of the comic would be the Gary, Zi, DiDi trio in bed, and it seems like progress is finally being made towards that end, too.
I'm much less sure that that's the end state, but we'll see.
Looks like Gary will be having some (more) fun with Peggy in the meantime though.
Though if Gary is being used like an oily rag by DiDi (because she's forgotten her resolution, because she's DiDi), Peggy might not get the opportunity - or might feel too sorry for him to ask for use of his body. Which would be ironic, because Gary may actually get more fun with Peggy (when she's in returning-the-favour mode). Or, of course, if DiDi does still think that there's a Gary/Zii romance in operation, she might be shocked to see Gary goinking Peggy.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

magicrectangle wrote:Gary, Zi, and DiDi are the eponymous menage a trois, so I don't really see this lasting.

I've always assumed the bookend for the final series of the comic would be the Gary, Zi, DiDi trio in bed, and it seems like progress is finally being made towards that end, too.
I don't know about that. I think Zii moving out may be more than a speedbump. From the moment Zii first started having lustful thoughts about Gary, her immediate, almost reflexive, response has been "Gary? Me doing Gary? Ew, eww, EEWWWWW!!!!" Meanwhile, she's fruitlessly chased DiDi since she moved in, and seeing (and hearing) Mr not-nearly-cool-enough-for-me Gary goinking the object of her ultimate lust was a breaking moment for her. So much so that she packed up and moved out of the apartment they shared. And now she's sent Peggy in as her replacement, indicating she does not plan to move back any time soon, if ever. This particular menage simple may never happen.

Personally, I think her lustful thoughts toward Gary had more to do with her sexual frustration than any real desire for him. Her usual source of satisfaction (Amber) was cut off, the available sources had strings attached she didn't want to deal with, so it was only natural that someone she normally wouldn't look twice at was starting to look good. Now that she's shacked up with and goinking Sonya, I think we'll see her lustful thoughts for Gary subside. I consider Peggy a better match for Gary anyway - if nothing else, her job as a nurse means she can be relied on to keep up her share of the rent.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Rent has never been an issue since Zii got the comics shop job. As to why Zii found herself lusting after Gary - who knows? Rumours of the swirly clearly had a lot to do with it, but there was equally clearly more than that going on in her subconscious. Le cœur a ses raisons, que la raison ne connaît point.*

But this is definitely an unstable and unpredictable situation. My own guess is that we'll see a lot of shenanigans, and finally end up with Zii, Gary, and Yuki in a stable menage, and Sonya occasionally goinking any one of them for shit and giggles (far more exciting and dramatic than being in an actual relationship). But we'll see. I'd as soon place bets on UK politics as on this.

*"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." But the original French seemed only appropriate.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

I don't know, it might be months(real time) before Zii moves back in.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Spidrift wrote:Is the next joke going to be that Peggy is kept awake in this new place by the sounds of a different couple shagging like amplified monkeys all bloody night?
That actually doesn't seem too unlikely. I could see that leading into something of a gag as Peggy moves from place to place trying to find somewhere to sleep. It could even be used for plot furtherance if she picks up puzzle pieces from each stop.

On a sidenote I think if Gary ever actually says no to being sexually used by someone (or maybe even just no in general) that's going to be a huge character development. The only question is if that will happen before the heat death of the universe.

Cortez wrote: I don't know, it might be months(real time) before Zii moves back in.
Maybe not, if Peggy lets slip where Zii is maybe Gary will run over with a boombox to try and smooth things over. :)

magicrectangle

Post by magicrectangle »

Cortez wrote:
I don't know, it might be months(real time) before Zii moves back in.
Months real time is what, 2-3 days strip time?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

edisnooM wrote:On a sidenote I think if Gary ever actually says no to being sexually used by someone (or maybe even just no in general) that's going to be a huge character development. The only question is if that will happen before the heat death of the universe.
Well yes. It's long been obvious that Gary growing something like a spine would be one way the strip could show massive character development. (Far more than Gary losing his virginity, which was really just "insert tab A into slot B", and a new set of ways for him to be spineless.) And it's been almost as obvious, almost as long, that Gary growing anything like a spine would be a fundamental violation of the laws of Ma3 characterisation.
Maybe not, if Peggy lets slip where Zii is maybe Gary will run over with a boombox to try and smooth things over. :)
Oh God, can you imagine what Gary would play on that boombox? Gruesomely bad J-pop?

Though I guess that Gary acquiring some broader tastes - and understanding that Zii doesn't share his own tastes - would be slightly more plausible character development.
---------
Spidrift

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Ha! I'd hope he'd have a dance routine ready to go with it.

He did seem to like their band at the concert, so he might possibly be able to pick something that would fit her tastes. Then again this is Gary we're talking about here.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gary dancing is not something that I want to imagine.

A woman who can be turned on by the sight of Gary dancing is even worse.
---------
Spidrift

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

May I just point out that the year, is, in fact, 2017 AD, not 2016 AD as claimed by the thread title?

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Spidrift wrote: (And having just recently seen Wonder Woman, I'm suddenly finding calling DiDi by that soubriquet a bit weirder.)
I wonder how Didi and the rest would like Wonder Woman?

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

edisnooM wrote: On a sidenote I think if Gary ever actually says no to being sexually used by someone (or maybe even just no in general) that's going to be a huge character development. The only question is if that will happen before the heat death of the universe.
I'm calling it, if Gary ever says "no" to someone, that someone's gonna be Zii :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

tau neutrino wrote:I wonder how Didi and the rest would like Wonder Woman?
It's a bit serious and short of casually hot guys for most of the women (and Dillon), though Kiley would start having weird and complicated dreams inserting herself into various character roles. Gary would get very boring indeed about the ways it does or doesn't follow the various versions of the comics WW canon. Matt and Ruby would get it.
---------
Spidrift