01-06-17 Omigosh band hug

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 01-06-17 Omigosh band hug

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:That is a very nice pic of Sonya in Panel 1, being tender. I don't know if there's enough drama or denial or breathing room for Sonya & Zii to actually have a great relationship, but Sonya certainly looks more caring there than in any other strip I can remember. It is sort of creepy in some respects, since she's normally anything but.
I persist in thinking that Sonya is at heart a decent, well-rounded, possibly even intelligent human being, who's just never let herself develop properly. She's perfectly capable of being sweetly tender - she's just had too much fun lately being crazy and dangerous.
I wonder if the hate-sex Sonya & Yuki had was a transference of Sonya's anger/repressed love for Zii. Hence another good reason why Sonya used the 'bitch' word last strip. Sonya probably knows that Yuki was an ex of Zii's, so it would be like being with someone Zii's been with before. I'm sure Kiley could piece a psych profile around that, and most likely would have had she known about Yuki's past with Zii and Sonya's infatuation with Zii. I'm not too sure why Yuki was also gonzo for the hate-sex though, apart from the fierce competition over Gary & Zii they shared. Just a thought.
Honestly, I think that's over-thinking. Sonya and Yuki simply both have far too much taste for drama; Sonya's an adrenalin junky, Yuki thinks life is like a stack of manga (and she's the star). They each just fed the other's mental aberrations a little too well.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:No good deed goes unpunished, Sonya. Four lovely expressions on her face there, actually. Still, we once again see that the band has a weird kind of internal solidity, regardless of the way that their personality conflicts are titanic in scope.

Now, nobody tell Izz about the original problem. It looks like Sonya and Yuki are handling it relatively rationally, but we don't know what Izz might do to someone who both hurt Zii and was the target of Zii's interest.
I think DiDi could handle her easily enough.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

But could Gary? Based on his previous experiences with crazy women, I fear for him.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Zii, all miserable because Didi and Gary supposedly found some love together, is now surrounded by three girls who would gladly give her that love. :p I some how doubt however, that she will realize how dumb she's been.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Note that, by that logic, Zii's problem is that she has some sort of feelings for DiDi and Gary, but she thinks she can't have them - and she isn't just relieving her pain by indulging in meaningless sex with someone else. That's actually mature of her, technically speaking. And it puts her ahead of Matt.

As to Izz vs. DiDi - well, Izz might do some damage with a surprise attack. And even if DiDi just crushed Izz like a bug, that'd be kind of harsh insofar as Izz is just young and stupid rather than evil.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

AWWWWWW!!!
:)

magicrectangle

Post by magicrectangle »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Zii, all miserable because Didi and Gary supposedly found some love together, is now surrounded by three girls who would gladly give her that love. :p I some how doubt however, that she will realize how dumb she's been.
To be fair, all three of those girls are batshit crazy in one way or another, and no sane individual should sleep with any of them.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If batshit craziness prevented people from having sex in the Ma3 universe, humanity would die out.
---------
Spidrift

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Hescotti wrote:Hugs go "Glomp"?
Of course they do.

We once even had someone who drew a Glomp Incarnation, it was a fuzzy, beatifically smiling pink cloud... :ymhug: :ymhug: :ymhug:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)