Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

25-05-17 Under my kotatsu

Post by Giz »

edisnooM

Re: 25-05-17 Under my kotatsu

Post by edisnooM »

Well I did kind of call them making a play for Zii, but kudos to Zii for being a surprisingly rational adult in the situation.

Also just to recap, Zii thinks Gary and Didi are in love or at least an item of a sort, Gary is pretty sure that Zii is in love with Didi which is why she left, and Didi thinks that Zii is in love with Gary and sort of seemed to think that he reciprocated. Man I feel like we need one of those conspiracy theory string maps. :)

Yarott

Post by Yarott »

This scene should be very indicative of how badly she is taking the situation.

Boro

Post by Boro »

Googled kotatsu. Found it. Now I feel like I don't know what is kotatsu even more. :|

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Wikipedia seems quite clear on the subject. Though it seems to me that if you're under a kotatsu, you're right on top of a charcoal brazier or electric heater, and will burn yourself quite badly.

Anyway, I really laughed quite a lot at this one, especially at Yuki's inability to find that YouTube channel, and the final "Nooooo". Sonya and Yuki's rivalrous fixations on Zii have matured into a kind of formality now; they improvise a sort of cross-rhythm whenever the subject comes up. And yes, Zii genuinely seems to have achieved a kind of maturity, after her fashion, trying to do the right thing and de-escalate the sexual aspects of a situation when necerssary. It's genuine character progress for her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Is it just me, or does Lita look like she has a "Oh, it's you two again" bored/annoyed look?

Zii having that 'in the way' realization is indeed rather mature for her. She's wrong, of course, and it will make the conversation the three of the eventually have much more easy for everyone to understand Zii's motivation for leaving. I'm more curious on how Yuki and Sonya will leap to Zii's defense against Gary & Didi "forcing" Zii out of the apartment. Or, if Zii will try to stop Yuki & Sonya from taking any retaliation.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Lita looks like she's copping a generic evil pet cat attitude to me.

And "in the way" is a fairly transparent general euphemism for "not wanting to be around other people getting up to stuff, when I want to be getting up to stuff with them myself". But it's nonetheless mature of her to (a) not react to that situation by being a pain to Gary and/or DiDi, and (b) realise that level-headed discussion of sexual matters is desirable here, and a lot easier if you put some damn clothes on.

Sonya and Yuki's reactions to the full story from Zii are anyone's guess. One possibility is that Yuki may feel that DiDi has both hurt Zii and threatened her own claim to Gary, though.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

tau neutrino

Post by tau neutrino »

Spidrift wrote:Wikipedia seems quite clear on the subject. Though it seems to me that if you're under a kotatsu, you're right on top of a charcoal brazier or electric heater, and will burn yourself quite badly.
It's on the underside of the table, above the floor. Cats usually crawl under them.

JTheCreator

Post by JTheCreator »

Spidrift wrote:One possibility is that Yuki may feel that DiDi has both hurt Zii and threatened her own claim to Gary, though.
As much as I root for them, I can't take Yuki's desire to be with Gary seriously anymore after this strip. She'll bang Zii in an instant, and is still with Matt.
Behold, my current in development comic book series and the many links you could share for me!

Twitter Feed: https://twitter.com/DaemosChronicle

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Old habits die hard... or not at all.

Also, it seems the Lords of Consequences continue their belated torment of Zii.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Wikipedia seems quite clear on the subject. Though it seems to me that if you're under a kotatsu, you're right on top of a charcoal brazier or electric heater, and will burn yourself quite badly.

Anyway, I really laughed quite a lot at this one, especially at Yuki's inability to find that YouTube channel, and the final "Nooooo". Sonya and Yuki's rivalrous fixations on Zii have matured into a kind of formality now; they improvise a sort of cross-rhythm whenever the subject comes up. And yes, Zii genuinely seems to have achieved a kind of maturity, after her fashion, trying to do the right thing and de-escalate the sexual aspects of a situation when necerssary. It's genuine character progress for her.
Yes and if she could avoid jumping to the wrong conclusion she'd be a completely actualized person, but we can't expect miracles.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

tau neutrino wrote:It's on the underside of the table, above the floor. Cats usually crawl under them.
That still sounds like a good way to get burned if you move wrongly. But anyway...
JTheCreator wrote:As much as I root for them, I can't take Yuki's desire to be with Gary seriously anymore after this strip. She'll bang Zii in an instant, and is still with Matt.
Yuki never really seems to have shed her feelings for Zii, even while she was chasing Gary - though she toned it down a bit for a while. And she's still with Matt specifically so she can train herself not to crunch Gary's nadgers on an ongoing basis. (It's a weird expression of love, but hey, Ma3 universe.) As I've said before, the way that Zii, Yuki, and Gary have come to feel about each other, it seems to me that the stable end-state is the three of them living together in a committed menage.
brasca wrote:Yes and if she could avoid jumping to the wrong conclusion she'd be a completely actualized person, but we can't expect miracles.
Uh huh. Baby steps, y'know, baby steps. It's only taken her 1300 strips to get here.
---------
Spidrift

AbstractVagabond

Post by AbstractVagabond »

I'd put that video on my YouTube channel.

"That's the sick pervert!! Get him!!"
Tune in next time to find out what the cow says.
"Moo?"
Dude! No spoilers!

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Oh my, could this be the beginning of a new menage a trois? (Or will they stay together only as a band?) :-?

magicrectangle

Post by magicrectangle »

In panel 3 Zi is covering her front side with the blanket, but Sonya and Yuki are standing behind her. So from their point of view she's using the blanket to shield her nakedness from the wall, while displaying her ass directly to them.