25-05-17 Under my kotatsu

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 25-05-17 Under my kotatsu

Post by Spidrift »

Think theatre. She's shielding herself from the fourth wall.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Maybe Zii and Yuki will get back together without Gary so he will be free from both of them.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I now hope that Gary ends up in a polyamorous relationship with DiDi, Matt, and Izzy, while working for Nathan -- just for the joy of quaffing fanboy tears of futile rage.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

You forget the Bonularity, it will start with Zii and Yuki, progress to Didi and Sonya, somehow Sandra will get involved, Kiley will come back ... then before you know it Gary will become the Pussy Master and the Bonularity will transform North America with Montreal as the epicenter.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

X3N0-Life-Form

Post by X3N0-Life-Form »

Spidrift wrote:I now hope that Gary ends up in a polyamorous relationship with DiDi, Matt, and Izzy, while working for Nathan -- just for the joy of quaffing fanboy tears of futile rage.
So that's the comics' Endgame Evil Masterplan™ :D

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Or, to put it another way - Who does Gary have to blow for me to get a drink round here?
---------
Spidrift

Zafnak

Post by Zafnak »

Spidrift wrote:Wikipedia seems quite clear on the subject. Though it seems to me that if you're under a kotatsu, you're right on top of a charcoal brazier or electric heater, and will burn yourself quite badly.
Apparently, you can fit under the whole thing if you're short enough- whick Yuki seems to think she and Zii are.

Quote attribution fixed. The DAMNed

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

magicrectangle wrote:In panel 3 Zi is covering her front side with the blanket, but Sonya and Yuki are standing behind her. So from their point of view she's using the blanket to shield her nakedness from the wall, while displaying her ass directly to them.
Well, Spi ninja'd me... But yeah, fourth wall. I this case, the wall right in front of the faces of stupid advertisers.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Also, I think that two people arguing over a third is quite hard to draw without the result being cluttered. So you get the classic Archie Comics pose, of which this is essentially a variant; the two arguing people in profile, getting in each others' faces, while the third pulls faces at the fourth wall from between them.

It's formal artistic convention, not realism.
---------
Spidrift