Giz
Site Admin

Menage a 3 Volume 8 Kickstarter discussion

Post by Giz »

Spidrift

Re: Menage a 3 Volume 8 Kickstarter discussion

Post by Spidrift »

Already backed. Natch.

(In fact, it's now 11% of the way there.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I hope everybody caught Lita's very important message. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She looks kind of annoyed to be delivering it, though. That may just be Lita, but perhaps she's annoyed about sexual fanservice (because it reduces her own chances to deliver pet cat fanservice)?

Anyhow, well past the 20% mark now, and rising.

I'm just a little disappointed that this Kickstarter doesn't include any SDB material, but hopefully, as the launch e-mail says, we'll see that tied into the eventual Ma3 volume 9 Kickstarter. It still looks like SDB is going to be somewhat expeditiously wrapped up in due course, but at least we can hope for closure on the big plotlines there. Heck, we might even amuse ourselves by dreaming about an Uncensored print version there...
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Well, not sure. SotR had a few small censored things that were uncensored in the book version (like Zoé's asscrack while diving nude into the club pool), but that was basically the difference between "edgy PG-13" and "really edgy PG-13".

Did SDB even have scenes where a different placement of scenery censorship would have turned an easy PG-13 to Ma3-style soft R?

Also, you can always order up comissions of, whatever, Ruby and Zii having a lesbian experience. ;)

Slight topic change, I guess the bonus stuff will start showing up once the main pledge has been financed?
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If there are any stretch goals ("bonus stuff"). It's not mandatory, though it's nice. It's also a good way for Giz & co. to load themselves down with extra work for the next year or two - so I couldn't really blame them if they didn't bother. I'd rather have the Volume 9/SDB Kickstarter sooner than a bunch of bonus strips of variable quality.

And you're right that SDB doesn't have many easily de-censorable scenes; it looks like Giz consciously wrote it as PG-13, whereas she keeps forgetting and then having to apply steam to Ma3. But you never know, we might be about to get a scene between Ruby and Andy that deserves some honesty. And do I sound too weird if I say that I wouldn't mind a Jung/Ramona flashback?

Also - 30% financed! Proot!
---------
Spidrift

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Past the 50% financed mark on the first day. That's probably a good sign.
---------
Spidrift

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Spidrift wrote:And do I sound too weird if I say that I wouldn't mind a Jung/Ramona flashback?
That was actually my idea for the bonus story in book 2. I think I'm just gonna run it online at this point though. So yeah, I do have that planned. :)

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Wouldn't posting this link be more useful?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pi ... 8-and-more

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Fixed! Thanks! ^_^

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

65% financed.
Giz wrote:
Spidrift wrote:And do I sound too weird if I say that I wouldn't mind a Jung/Ramona flashback?
That was actually my idea for the bonus story in book 2. I think I'm just gonna run it online at this point though. So yeah, I do have that planned.
Cool. That's an interesting relationship, and refreshingly sane, and I like both those two.
---------
Spidrift

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I wonder what my early-noughties self would have made of the notion that bookstores would one day carry "UNCENSORED" editions of web content...

Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Don Alexander wrote:Slight topic change, I guess the bonus stuff will start showing up once the main pledge has been financed?
Well, their stretch goals habitually prove themselves to be an overstretch (they STILL haven't got all the funded EC/MC bonus stories from last KS done!). We'll see if they come down with a bad case of realism this time ;)

[Interesting that SotR & DChloe are *NOT* stretch goals this time, but part of the base target!]

EDIT: BTW, xe.com shows the *market* currency conversion rate. Which is better (i.e., cheaper) than any of us will pay, barring a major CAD/??? change in our favour between pledging and funding!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

On Kickstarter, everybody's stretch goals seem to end up being overstretch. I think I could feel a lot of respect for someone who had the guts to say that they weren't going there, at all.

Anyhow, 67% financed on day 2. Which suggests (a) that they could probably hit some stretch goals without trying too hard, but (b) they probably don't need to bother.
---------
Spidrift

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Almost 80% financed within a couple of days -- and 500 backers.
---------
Spidrift