Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

18-05-17 About what you promised

Post by Giz »

Jackass Mask

Re: 18-05-17 About what you promised

Post by Jackass Mask »

Ah Jung, you great man. Seeing through the bullshit and cutting right to the heart of the matter. My hero. I can only presume he has a devious plan in mind that , of course, includes more cosplay.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Presume? Pretty sure we've just seen it...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Jackass Mask wrote:Ah Jung, you great man. Seeing through the bullshit and cutting right to the heart of the matter. My hero. I can only presume he has a devious plan in mind that , of course, includes more cosplay.
I suspect he knows perfectly well that people like this can sort themselves out quite well when they just give themselves time to think. 80% of the time, anyway. He just needs to give her space and time, and charge her appropriate rent the meanwhile.

The costume's a bit jailbait-esque, though, I must say.

And I'm a little bemused that Zii hasn't simply gone to Dillon and Amber's place. But I guess that she wants to avoid anyone she knows too well just now, especially if they're in possibly-successful relationships and prone to emitting moans of pleasure in the night.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

so interesting how many are saying "Jung is so wonderful"

Jung is being manipulative toward Zii

BTW, what number strip is this one? now we got no idea if we close to end of volume 9 or what

Hate that we do not have anymore the ability to go to past chapters unless we use "previous"
ImageImage

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

The current strip 1299 if the hover text on the strip is to believed.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Brux

Post by Brux »

Fashion photography (which Jung's catalog photos are) just doesn't work that way. A woman who just spent some time crying her eyes out is only cute and photogenic in comic books etc. Yeah, I know Ma3 is a comic strip. It's still jarring for me. Seriously, never have a model cry before a session, unless you have several hours to let her face rest and several more to apply huge amounts of makeup. Unless you're going for a gritty, naturalistic look and the photo session's theme is "despair" or something.

On a less serious note: yeah, Zii, you keep telling yourself it had nothing to do with Gary. The Nile is the longest river in the world, after all.
*slithers off to lurk some more*

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, maybe panel 4 takes place at the end of the working day, ten hours or so after panel 3. He suggests spuriously.

I'd also not imagine that one should really take catalogue shots on a smartphone, for that matter.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Brux wrote:On a less serious note: yeah, Zii, you keep telling yourself it had nothing to do with Gary. The Nile is the longest river in the world, after all.
Well, that is debatable. :P

Also, Moe Moe Meow Meow!
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Well, I'd like to sympathise with Zii, but to quote Thanos, her "demeanour is that of a pouty child." Which is kind of reinforced by her current, if not personally chosen, attire. Aha.
She is her own worst enemy, I suppose, as all of her problems have been caused by her own actions. Gary has been racking up some self-inflicted worries, too, yet he was primarily a victim of circumstance (whether his spineless nature constitutes "fault" for many of those issues is a different argument).

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Jackass Mask wrote:Ah Jung, you great man. Seeing through the bullshit and cutting right to the heart of the matter. My hero. I can only presume he has a devious plan in mind that , of course, includes more cosplay.
I suspect he knows perfectly well that people like this can sort themselves out quite well when they just give themselves time to think. 80% of the time, anyway. He just needs to give her space and time, and charge her appropriate rent the meanwhile.

The costume's a bit jailbait-esque, though, I must say.

And I'm a little bemused that Zii hasn't simply gone to Dillon and Amber's place. But I guess that she wants to avoid anyone she knows too well just now, especially if they're in possibly-successful relationships and prone to emitting moans of pleasure in the night.
As much as I'd love to see that crossover it's a bit crowded considering you now have 4 people living there.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Jung is right. Zii has feelings for Gary and is in denial about it.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I'm sure she has feeling for both of them, but she only acknowledges the Didi-related ones. I'm sure that right now she is very angry at Gary for going where Zii hasn't. But her anger is misplaced due to her lust. Didi was the one that was oblivious to Zii''s advances. Zii is also upset, probably, at how long their marathon sex session went. Gary was a less-than-a-minute guy, who now has incredible vigor?!?!? In her mind, she might feel a little misplaced betrayal over how far he's come along as a sexual being despite her not really helping him that much to grow into that sort of person.

Jung, you're clever and a bit of a weasel. But you at least seem to have a master plan, and I hope it includes reuniting the main cast. Maybe some Moe postcards or the real Jung catalog for the Kickstarter?

Side note: she's going to have to hide her van and keep Lita contained. I'm sure Gary knows what it/she looks like and does visit the comic shop often. Jung might not mention it to Zii, in hopes that Gary notices and realizes Zii is staying at the shop. Thus, Jung doesn't renege on his promise to Zii directly.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Don Alexander wrote:
Brux wrote:On a less serious note: yeah, Zii, you keep telling yourself it had nothing to do with Gary. The Nile is the longest river in the world, after all.
Well, that is debatable. :P

Also, Moe Moe Meow Meow!
so she is in Denial ( the Nile) or A Maze On (Amazon) the facts...................... take your pick or both
ImageImage

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I don't think this webcomic could exist without cats. :-? :p