18-05-17 About what you promised

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

SilentChaos87

Re: 18-05-17 About what you promised

Post by SilentChaos87 »

Gotta love Jung's piercing insight.
Tropemaster General
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward, Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition.
As a gamer I acknowledge and respect those who play for fun. So long as they acknowledge and respect that I also play to win.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

At this point Lita could grab a pen and write out the obvious for Zii in plain English and she'd still be some deep in denial that the Egyptian government would be after her for damaging the river bed.

That said thought that's been edged at up thread but not outright mentioned. It was mentioned that Zii is acting like a child having a sulk, which she absolutely is. Others have mentioned the somewhat jail bait esque nature of her current attire. Interesting bit of visual communication via costume there. Regressing Zii by manner of dress to match her behavior. I just wish Lita's eye rolling look from the last strip was a bit easier to see.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I mean, Lita is not in this strip at all anymore. I imagine this:

[John Oliver voice]
This tomfoolery has gone on far too long, I shall not have any truck with such wanton buffoons. Good day to you, Sir & Madam. I SAID GOOD DAY!
[\John Oliver voice]
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

Tad creepy there Jung, and could get a bit creepier depending on the other outfits. Creepier still though is what exactly Zii's worse landlords were like.

You know if we're going full romance movie here, I could see Gary in an increasingly desperate search around the city, ending up at the comic store and pouring out his soul to Jung. Zii overhears and is so moved she runs out,...and then someone gets hit in the face with a pie because this is Ma3 and nothing is completely straightforward.

More seriously though I could see Zii eavesdropping on Gary and it possibly clearing some things up.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

edisnooM wrote: More seriously though I could see Zii eavesdropping on Gary and it possibly clearing some things up.
More likely she'd hide from Gary in the back of the store, since she still may not want to talk to him. And she's still in denial about her feelings for him because she doesn't want to see him as more than the like-a-nerdy-loser-little-brother she saw him as.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I am guessing that Zii would ask not to be at store during the usual hours Gary comes for his comics as he pretty much goes by habit schedule
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Don Alexander wrote:I mean, Lita is not in this strip at all anymore. I imagine this:

[John Oliver voice]
This tomfoolery has gone on far too long, I shall not have any truck with such wanton buffoons. Good day to you, Sir & Madam. I SAID GOOD DAY!
[\John Oliver voice]
I can't make that sound like John Oliver in my head. He doesn't do pompous.

Brian Blessed or Ian McKellen, maybe.
edisnooM wrote:Tad creepy there Jung, and could get a bit creepier depending on the other outfits.
Meh. It's a bit jailbait-ish, but I guess that's anime for you. Mostly it's just heavy-handedly wacky.
Creepier still though is what exactly Zii's worse landlords were like.
They probably demanded the rent in full, on time, and in legal tender. Zii can handle a bit of dressing up; it's reliability that scares her.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Spidrift wrote:I can't make that sound like John Oliver in my head. He doesn't do pompous.
Actually, I hear that "Good day to you, sir!" in John Oliver's voice now because he used it somewhere on Last Week Tonight. Damned if I can find it, though.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

IONDragonX

Post by IONDragonX »

wiseguy wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:
Brux wrote:On a less serious note: yeah, Zii, you keep telling yourself it had nothing to do with Gary. The Nile is the longest river in the world, after all.
Well, that is debatable. :P
Also, Moe Moe Meow Meow!
so she is in Denial ( the Nile) or A Maze On (Amazon) the facts...................... take your pick or both
More like she is in deNile about how long her sailor can cruise the Amazon! :p

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I think the whole point to Zii being dressed up like that is to emphasize that she's acting like a spoiled child that's throwing a tantrum because she isn't getting her way. Because of that I really hope the Gary/Zii shipteasing is just a red herring and Gary won't end up with Zii because she's a selfish womanchild. I'd rather see Gary end back up with Yuki. Let that sink in for a moment.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh in defense of Yuki........................... ( even thought you put her as better than Zii )

taking aside her affair with Sonya, she has actually matured, she gave up on Zii and even apologized, and she wants to get over her tentacle thing to be better for Gary and thus showing she has also become unselfish ( or wants to be more unselfish )

and about landlord thing.........................

Zii said Jung is STILL NOT THE WORSE landlord, that does not mean all her previous landlords(PLURAL) were worse than Jung, just that at least 1 was worse than Jung even if Jung is "trying" to be the "worse ever."
ImageImage

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Don Alexander wrote:Also, Moe Moe Meow Meow!
*clears throat*
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I get this feeling Zii will get her chance with Didi, be going down on her, then realize she wants to be with Gary. :p

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

One of those days where you order the tacos and realize you wanted the bratwurst eh Joybuzzer?
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod

Post by Don Alexander »

Now I want bratwurst... :(
Osaru Sensei wrote:
Don Alexander wrote:Also, Moe Moe Meow Meow!
*clears throat*
I feel tainted.
ImageImage