17-05-17 Starts trusting me too much

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Opus the Poet

Re: 17-05-17 Starts trusting me too much

Post by Opus the Poet »

Giz wrote:
magicrectangle wrote:
And what's going on with her arm? She seems to be in the foreground, in front of Gary, but if so her arm is horribly deformed.
Not sure what you're seeing but she's just sitting next to Gary on the bus looking forward lost in her thoughts. Gary is a bit too slouched but other than that, pretty standard stuff.
She's a very full-figured woman of whom we are only seeing a tiny slice. I suspect her bust is of similar dimensions to Didi's, but because it is displayed on a more robust pedestal it doesn't look so out-of-balance.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

IONDragonX

Post by IONDragonX »

At this rate, Jung will get to make out with Zii before Gary. :-??
worldshaking00 wrote:As far as Jung goes, ..... Being a comic shop owner must be very similar to being a bartender: one hears lots of issues with one's customers (not not just about the current comic 'issue' in print).
I'm pretty sure that Jung hired Zii because his boss told him to hire a new girl after the last one ran screaming from the store. Then there was the time that Jung teased Zii about reading comics on the job. He's not the owner, Giz is.
Giz wrote:BTW, Ma3 is 9 years old today! :ymparty:
Nice, Giz! Gratz! :ymapplause: :ymparty:

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Congrats on 9 years.

And see? There is more to Jung thsn dry snark. ^_^

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

IONDragonX wrote:At this rate, Jung will get to make out with Zii before Gary.
No, because that would make him a horrible cad, exploiting Zii's vulnerability and betraying Ramona. Jung is many things, but he is not a cad.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Osaru Sensei
Location: Sweden, Europe, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster

Post by Osaru Sensei »

Frostbite wrote:I mean, Jung never actually lied the whole time. He just never answered the questions properly
"A lie of omission is still a lie."

"You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view."
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 14, 2016 5:16 pm
She is indeed a wonderful artist who could doubtless turn her hand to anything, but from what I've seen, I don't get the feeling that she's very interested in depicting some of those bits in all their wrinkly Lovecraftian glory.
Wanna chat with me in realtime? Click my webpage button. In case I happen to be online, anyways...
He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it. –– Eldrad Ulthran, Farseer of Ulthwé
The very moment I understood Callie was my fav character.
High Priestess in the Church of Brasca

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Morally, Jung could have lied outright without being a horrible person, if Zii had asked him to. That'd just be balancing the concerns of different friends. But not actually lying makes him far cooler, and gives him a defence to use if Gary complains later.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Monmaker

Post by Monmaker »

Don Alexander wrote:
Monmaker wrote:Geez, has it really been nine years? I still remember when Vol 1 was being kickstarted O_O
It's quite possible my memory is failing me, but was it??I thought Kickstarters did not happen until Vol. 4 or so.
Actually, you're probably right. Just checked my E-mail and found the Paypal payment from May of '09. My bad. lol

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

May '09 was eight years ago. That'd be quite early in the history of the comic.

However, I wouldn't know too much - I came to the comic a few years in - but one can always look at the Kickstarter record, and actually, this is Pixietrix's third. The first was for volume 6, in 2014; to quote Giz then, "We’ve been putting out a volume each year, but this is the first year we’re allowed as Canadians to use Kickstarter to help us fund our yearly print volume." So your payment in 2009 would have been for an ordinary, non-Kickstartered publication.
---------
Spidrift

Monmaker

Post by Monmaker »

I know, that's why I said that he may be right, as Kickstarter would not have appeared as a Paypal. Heh, Kickstarter would only have even been a company for a couple of weeks at that point, as it was founded on April 28, 2009
xD