11-05-17 I will get her back

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JoybuzzerX

Re: 11-05-17 I will get her back

Post by JoybuzzerX »

KaedeKisaragi wrote:*repeatedly bangs head against wall in frustration*

WHAT LOVE, DIDI?!?
Actually, I took this to be Didi having a clear moment.

What love?

Didi could possibly be seeing that Gary has a thing for Zii. Of course, could be thinking Zii had a thing for Gary and is upset with her for sleeping with him.

Still, I don't feel sorry for Zii at all. She slept with Yuki, knowing Gary had a thing for her, and she did not. No matter how much Yuki begged, Zii could have said no, but didn't, because Zii wanted to get laid. :p Add to it, Zii has never shown any real feelings for Didi other than the desire to sleep with her, really doesn't help Zii's case for sympathy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I have a huge admiration for real fans of these characters. The ability to sustain seething rage over some comedic bit of business from a thousand strips ago must take real dedication, focus, and belief in the characters.

I can't do that. Sigh. Guess I'm not a real fan.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

They're continuous storylines. Not one gag a day type comics. You're supposed to get some sort of feeling for the characters.

Death of a character for instance, doesn't mean much, if you can't get yourself into the story. :p

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The death of a character wouldn't usually count as a comedic bit of business. Though even there, I'd expect the characters to have moved on a bit after a thousand strips, and the tragically inadequately committed fans not to be going on about it.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

The events that have happened in the strip have taken place in less than a years time in the comic, unless some sort of huge time skip happened. What was it...2 years time in real time for 1 month of time in the comic? :p

As for fans moving on. Life has taught me...if people can't get over things that happened over a century ago in RL...what makes you think they'll forget things in their entertainment? :p

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

We Germans have a saying: "A blind chicken finds a seed every once in a while." Gary confessed to Peggy he's interested in Zii, though I doubt he's madly in love with her or anything. With Zii, the situation is all the more unclear. She's clearly in denial...

Also, Gary may just be puzzling out DiDi told him: "I won't be having sex with you again." That's sure to deflate your balloon. (Though his balloon is punctured in a thousand places, I expect. :P )
Collarnorcrown wrote:The sound you're hearing is what happens when a brain shifts without a clutch. That's gonna sting.
Ahhh, this reminds me of my favorite Dilbert strip.

Anyway...

I've caught up!!!! :ymparty: :ymparty: :ymparty:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Is that what "Not interfere with your love" means? Not have sex?

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I think it means she will not "initiate things"

but if Gary or Zii directly offered to do it, she would do it
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:Is that what "Not interfere with your love" means? Not have sex?
Well, unless you know that the other party is in an exceptionally open relationship, that's gotta be a significant part of it.
---------
Spidrift

SiliconDream

Post by SiliconDream »

Don Alexander wrote:Also, Gary may just be puzzling out DiDi told him: "I won't be having sex with you again." That's sure to deflate your balloon. (Though his balloon is punctured in a thousand places, I expect. :P )
I doubt he cares that much. Gary's never been under the illusion that he's irresistible, and he's been dumped for being an unsatisfying lover before, even with the Swirly. If DiDi doesn't want to play again, that won't be particularly surprising or ego-bruising for him.

Besides, last night was an Accomplishment, but it was also exhausting as hell and clearly frustrating for DiDi. I'm not sure he'd even want a repeat in the near future.