06-05-17 Used me like some stranger

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Ophelianime

Re: 06-05-17 Used me like some stranger

Post by Ophelianime »

Error of Logic wrote:I wouldn't. Blonde bombshell or not, she still uses people the way others use tissues. Even if it feels good in the moment, it's still demeaning as all get-out.
I totally aggree that it's demeaning to be used by someone, hot or not; but keep in mind that we're talking about a guy with the self-esteem the size of a donut hole. Up until recently, (in the webcomic universe) the most action he got was to get his crotch stomped on by a phallaphobic stalker still massivly hung up on her ex.
Although, come to think of it, you'd think getting used would be something he's used to by now. I mean, just about every women he's gotten involved with, (Yuki, Sonya, Amber, Didi, etc.) has just wanted his mouth up their skirt. The only two women I've seen in the comic so far who've expressed any real interest in him beyond the down under action have been Amber and Kiley. And both of them turned away from an actual relationship with him out of consideration for other people besides him (Dillian and Yuki) So really, why is he getting angry now? He couldn't get angry when Yuki had him under the table while he was stuck with his own hand?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ophelianime wrote:I think it depends. The difference in being supported and using someone I think, is that she would do the same for Gary if the roles were reversed. But I'm betting if Gary tried to go to Didi for rebound sex, she'd reject him immediatly.
Not sure about that, really. She was quite prepared to shag him for no reward to solve his virginity problem, until Zii persuaded her that would be a bad idea. If she thought that Zii's logic still applied, she'd say no, but otherwise? DiDi doesn't attach huge emotional weight to sex, and she's sentimental about friends. Doing it as a favour for a friend wouldn't be out of the question with her.
On a seperate note, this is the first time I've seen Gary get angry about anything.
He says that he's angry, but really? As of panel 4, well, I've seen angrier looking hamsters.
Ophelianime wrote:I totally aggree that it's demeaning to be used by someone, hot or not; but keep in mind that we're talking about a guy with the self-esteem the size of a donut hole.
In other words: Doesn't matter, had sex - with DiDi. In universe, that compensates for freighter-loads of being used, for tougher men than Gary.
The only two women I've seen in the comic so far who've expressed any real interest in him beyond the down under action have been Amber and Kiley.
You forget Peggy, who, between sessions of using him like a very usable thing indeed, has been known to ask about his personal life and offer sensible advice on his romantic prospects (and also to provide him with mind-bending blowjobs).
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

WizzarTheRed

Post by WizzarTheRed »

I should have known Gary's outrage at being used would be only skin-deep. Oh well. It's not like it's out of character for him...

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Spidrift wrote:
The only two women I've seen in the comic so far who've expressed any real interest in him beyond the down under action have been Amber and Kiley.
You forget Peggy, who, between sessions of using him like a very usable thing indeed, has been known to ask about his personal life and offer sensible advice on his romantic prospects (and also to provide him with mind-bending blowjobs).
Has that appeared in strips? Or was that one of the extras in the paperbacks? Because I haven't bought the latest paperbacks.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Every one else in this comic, nay this comic universe is currently undertaking a rather hefty bit of turmoil in their sex/love/relationship life - everything is on fire, sparking, or in smoldering ashes. While some are trying to build, it is upon desiccated soil. Definitions are getting warped, loyalty's are being tested, lives are being irrevocably changed as time and mistakes cascade like growing mold on the rust of their every day existences...

And there is Gary, smiling like an idiot. Perfect.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

vashts1984

Post by vashts1984 »

On a seperate note, this is the first time I've seen Gary get angry about anything.
Spidrift wrote:He says that he's angry, but really? As of panel 4, well, I've seen angrier looking hamsters.
That doesn't look like a happy smile to me. That looks like one of those smiles that's accompanied by the sound of squeaky gears and the inner retards of everyone in the general vicinity making a mad dash to their nearest cellar. Whatever just broke inside Gary's head, here's to hoping it's fixable.

sparky

Post by sparky »

I'm not sure if that's a smile, a grimace, or both. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ophelianime wrote:
Has that appeared in strips? Or was that one of the extras in the paperbacks? Because I haven't bought the latest paperbacks.
It all appeared on screen.
sparky wrote:I'm not sure if that's a smile, a grimace, or both.
It's an "I just fucked DiDi when I didn't think I had a chance" expression. A smile so extreme that human facial muscles simply don't have the flexibility to express it, and may be sprained when attempting it.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

I don't think so. I think that's "a sunlight breaking over marble head" thing. He's *not* glad that he got used for sex by Didi. He's mad about it. And he just realized he's mad about it and just had the realization that he'd, in recent history, would have given his left nut to be used like that. It isn't "hey, I just got used for sex... COOL.", it's "I've gotten everything I've ever wanted and not regret it", like he made a deal with the devil and got exactly what he asked for, but not what he wanted.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Umm, so you think he got what he asked for but not what he wanted, so he doesn't regret it?

That's an unusual situation.
---------
Spidrift

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Spidrift wrote:
Ophelianime wrote:
Spidrift wrote:You forget Peggy, who, between sessions of using him like a very usable thing indeed, has been known to ask about his personal life and offer sensible advice on his romantic prospects (and also to provide him with mind-bending blowjobs).
It all appeared on screen.
Ah. That must've been the month I was stranded at the office doing overtime. I kinda fell off the webcomic wagon for awhile and never got completely caught up. I just kinda hopped back on and was like, "what'd I miss?" I think it's time to backtrack a little

Quote attribution fixed. The DAMNed

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

Oh no... Gary's mind has finally Snapped!

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Spidrift wrote:Umm, so you think he got what he asked for but not what he wanted, so he doesn't regret it?

That's an unusual situation.
No, I think he does regret it. That's the irony. He has realized he's mad about something he's always hoped for, or at least thought he's be happy with, and that realization made him have a WTF moment, which the last panel captured.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

But you talked about him not regretting it...

Anyway, my own read is that he hasn't got as far as deciding whether he regrets it or not yet. He may later, but right now, the smirk is a reflex response to the simple thought "I've just had sex with DiDi".

And, for that matter, that reflex may always make it hard to regret this properly. In principle, he might decide that he should, but then it will always cross his mind that he's remembering having sex with DiDi - and his left testicle is still present!

Which is unusually complex and subtle for Gary, I'll grant you.
---------
Spidrift

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

Spidrift wrote:But you talked about him not regretting it...
I think that 'not' may have been a typo for 'now' - "I've gotten everything I've ever wanted and now regret it" makes more sense. BICBW