04-05-17 Spinning bird kick

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

EvilSnack

Re: 04-05-17 Spinning bird kick

Post by EvilSnack »

vampire hunter D wrote:Why doesn't he just call or text Zii? he has got to have her number
It's the most intelligent course of action. Doing it would violate Ma3's Prime Directive.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Gary has previously noted that Zii doesn't check her electronic communications. (He thought that leaving a note on Lita's collar was a more reliable way of communicating with her and DiDi.) Most characters in this universe are old-fashioned that way, actually; even a geek like Gary is erratic about going online, and it's a sign of Ruby's freakish nerdiness that she looks stuff up on Google.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Plus he probably realizes that Zii doesn't want to talk to them at the moment. I mean, it seems like she did not leave a note.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Too good for 'im I say.

Waker

Post by Waker »

EvilSnack wrote:
vampire hunter D wrote:Why doesn't he just call or text Zii? he has got to have her number
It's the most intelligent course of action. Doing it would violate Ma3's Prime Directive.
What are you talking about? Ma3's Prime Directive is don't lock your doors.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

worldshaking00 wrote: It is a good idea to call mutual acquaintances too, instead of just driving the streets on Montreal. Maybe PM her on FB or some such. If she was going to work that morning, maybe Jung will know if she just quit or asked for a couple days, or some such.
All good ideas, but Gary is wisely wary about calling the two acquaintances who have feelings for Zii, they could both be upset at him for "driving their Zii away". Although if she's left town, then he's postponing the inevitable; sooner or later they'll come around looking for Zii and if Gary doesn't spill the proverbial beans, DiDi certainly will.
worldshaking00 wrote: Although I 110% agree that Didi & Gary need to discuss the events of last night. I am torn as to which is more important. If the two of them are going to be of one mind - either as partners or as just friends - it needs to be agreed upon before locating Zii, letting her know, and figuring out what happens next then.
They should discuss the previous night, but they won't, 'cause they're worried about Zii.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Not to mention that it wouldn't occur to DiDi to think about the nature of their relationship. They don't have a relationship. She was using Gary for sex. This can't be a problem; nobody ever complains about it in her experience, after all.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

All the logic and sense coming from Gary clearly is forming a rift in Dangerously Chloe.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Spidrift wrote:
Waker wrote:Yuki is dressed as Chun Li and Sonya is Rose, both from the Streetfighter videogame series.
Thanks!
Now picture Yuki spinning upside down through the air like a top and kicking Gary multiple times in the groin. That's what the Spinning Bird Kick is (though frankly the sound file for it sounds like Spinning BAR Kick! to me). :D

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I just knew Gary's luck would take a turn for the worse after his night with Didi. Just as themacnut pointed out, Sonya and Yuki are going to find out that Gary and Didi having sex drove their beloved Zii away but only Gary will be blamed for it.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Good grief. So little trust in them as people and friends....

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Would you trust any of these jokers?
Yet still, I live...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'd sorta kinda trust them a lot of the time, but Yuki's psychosis, Sonya's drama addiction, and their shared infatuation with Zii, do make them a little unstable.
---------
Spidrift

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

On hearing that Suzi has vanished, I would hope they would be more concerned with finding her than with assigning blame and inflicting punishment. (At first.)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

They might well be. I mean, they're both crazy, but that doesn't mean that Gary has an exact measure of their craziness.

But Gary's relationships with the pair of them basically consist of alternating wild and crazy sex with getting slapped in the face and kicked in the nuts. So I can't honestly blame him for being paranoid.
---------
Spidrift