Giz
Site Admin

29-04-17 Why would she be mad

Post by Giz »

True_Avery

Re: 29-04-17 Why would she be mad

Post by True_Avery »

Holy shit Didi, what is wrong with you
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Actually, I'm mostly impressed here that Gary does seem to have caught a clue what the problem is. That's more empathy than the boy usually manages.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

I feel like Gary's empathy had the fill the empathy vacuum that is the space around Didi - the laws of nature wont allow that kind of sociopath low pressure to survive without pushing understanding out of someone else
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Careful, Gary! Thinking that hard could cause smoke to come out of your ears! :))

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

To be fair, the idea that having sex could emotionally hurt others is something that Zii seldom grasps either.

jbrecken

Post by jbrecken »

Didi agrees with my laundry theory - Hooray?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Varanus wrote:To be fair, the idea that having sex could emotionally hurt others is something that Zii seldom grasps either.
Oh, I don't know. She's careless and impetuous, but she understood the problems she'd caused for Sonya quickly enough, and she realised why she'd lost Erik. She often acts without thinking, but she doesn't have DiDi's total emotional blindness.

I often think it's a shame that Ruby never talked to her about Zii's relationship with Amber. That could have been an interestingly complicated conversation.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

interesting how Didi "without meaning to" is giving the answers to Gary LOL

Does this lead to Didi and Gary looking for Zii, and when they find her they go "let's do a threesome"? ( unless they find her in a "compromising position" with someone with most likely Matt or her band mates, :ymblushing: and least likely, she is now in Bob's place 8-} )
ImageImage

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

You know, I was never a big fan of SDBs myself - its funny and good, just not really to my flavor - but I really think Ruby is just what this story needs right now. She is the kind of solid, jello-like rock this cast needs to be reminded of their ill behavior.

And while I made it clear a few weeks ago that I think Zii crossed a line into being an awful human being (an opinion I appear to be mostly alone on), I do think the context is different. Zii for all her faults is a thinker, just not always a clear one - she tends to act recklessly, but typically with preplanning or preintention in mind. She is the kind of predator who thinks about her target and plans things out, but flubs the execution and pounces anyway; a lioness who is none too stealthy, but will chase the prey even if fruitless and revealed.

Didi is a different kind of beast - while not entirely on Spidrift's idea of her at first, I now pretty much entirely agree: Didi is severely emotionally stunted and her doe-eyes ignorance is at comical levels of daft. After this page I'm not even entirely sure Didi has a particularly good grasp on the idea that other people have independent feelings; she seems to grasp that other people exist, but her interactions read like she is trying to remember a script for how to respond, and when she reaches a point with no reference page she defaults back to anything from ditzy blonde, to practically letting slip that she might not be able to comprehend emotions. If she was a lioness, she is the one running ahead with no stealth, completely missing the prey, and shrugging -- just eating grass, wondering why it doesn't sate her appetite.

The one thing I can say that largely keeps her from becoming a villain is that her wafty attitude tends to blow up in the face of people trying to take advantage of her, not realizing the box of horrors in front of them. Kiley and Zii for how like, "damn" their failed experiences with her went they did both largely manipulate, lie, and try to play their tricks to get in her head - Didi's powers could be used for extreme evil, but largely she uses her aura to stumble into bad people and crush their hopes and dreams with an oblivious smile on her face.

She is a truly terrifying force of nature

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

Wow, she managed to rub both brain cells together.
This is getting out of hand.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Spidrift wrote:Oh, I don't know. She's careless and impetuous, but she understood the problems she'd caused for Sonya quickly enough, and she realised why she'd lost Erik. She often acts without thinking, but she doesn't have DiDi's total emotional blindness.
Well yes I should clarify that Zii does tend to realize such things after the fact. It remains to be seen how capable DiDi is of this, given how it seems no one has ever demanded of her that she realize such things (i.e. while she did hurt past lovers they seemed to in the end be satisfied that they got to have sex with her at all, never demanding that she apologize or consider their feelings).

I still think it is tragically comedic that DiDi requires a deep emotional bond (or at least one she thinks is felt) to have the best sex and yet she is so emotionally shallow herself.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True_Avery wrote:And while I made it clear a few weeks ago that I think Zii crossed a line into being an awful human being (an opinion I appear to be mostly alone on), I do think the context is different. Zii for all her faults is a thinker, just not always a clear one - she tends to act recklessly, but typically with preplanning or preintention in mind. She is the kind of predator who thinks about her target and plans things out, but flubs the execution and pounces anyway; a lioness who is none too stealthy, but will chase the prey even if fruitless and revealed.
Zii is a somewhat terrible person by normal standards - but the standards of the world she lives in aren't "normal" by our standards. It's a light-hearted wacky comedy, so she accomplishes more, but the things she does do less damage, so her (real, active) conscience doesn't have to play her up very much.

(I mean, you could say the same about Ruby, who's as near to a properly moral person as the setting gets. Her ability to get poor innocent hunks to pose for softcore gay erotic photographic images could cause a bit of trauma, "realistically", but in setting, it's all cool.)

DiDi, on the other hand, is off any sort of "realistic" scale.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:Actually, I'm mostly impressed here that Gary does seem to have caught a clue what the problem is. That's more empathy than the boy usually manages.
Just because Gary is clueless doesn't mean he's devoid of empathy. If he doesn't know what's going on then how can he feel for those hurting? I don't think Gary every realized that DiDi would find him sexually desirable enough to do the deed and I doubt most of us would stop just because it might hurt the feelings of a roommate who's had plenty of sexual activity her whole life.
True_Avery wrote:You know, I was never a big fan of SDBs myself - its funny and good, just not really to my flavor - but I really think Ruby is just what this story needs right now. She is the kind of solid, jello-like rock this cast needs to be reminded of their ill behavior.
Seconded. Although that's mostly wishful thinking since it's been a year since Sticky Dilly Buns went on hiatus. However, it is my hope that Zii will seek out Ruby since she's the only level headed friend she has aside from Jung, but he's her boss. It also helps that even though Zii is attracted to her she's not infatuated and Ruby has no sexual interest in her whatsoever so she can concentrate on the problem.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I think that Zii sees Amber as level-headed. The fact that Amber's solution to any problem involves someone having sex with someone (or with soft fruit) wouldn't strike Zii as a problem.
---------
Spidrift