Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

25-04-17 Rebound all over toi

Post by Giz »

Jackass Mask

Re: 25-04-17 Rebound all over toi

Post by Jackass Mask »

Couple things. As I'm sure has been discussed to death, Didi is a truly selfish person when it comes to getting her orgasm. She latched onto Kiley because somehow Kiley was able to break through her defenses and give her one, but was manipulative and forceful about keeping her around. Now she has banged poor Gary to death and is still unsatisfied. So she immediately runs to Zii to pretty much replay what she just did to Gary. Hopefully she starts to acknowledge the situation and doesn't proceed to make it all about herself and what shes going to do now to get her orgasm. Probably try and track down Kiley, poor girl.
Now we have Zii. I can understand that she is feeling frustrated about where her life is right now, especially in her relationship status. But I think up and moving out in the middle of the night is a bit of an extreme reaction. Maybe, and I'm hoping here, she has just packed up and is taking an impromptu vacation to somewhere to recharge her batteries. Hopefully we'll find out soon and not have a sudden detour back to the wrestling subplot.

Chaos Sepher

Post by Chaos Sepher »

Okay with this I am officially ready to hop on the "Didi is awful" bandwagon. >:(

Brux

Post by Brux »

Oh wow. Nice job breaking it, Chastel.
*slithers off to lurk some more*

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Hmmm, maybe the strip should be renamed "Rebound," since that seems to be most of what propels each character arc. Not a complaint exactly, but merely an observation.
As for DiDi's selfishness... I don't disagree, however, I would add the condition that she is also basically a drug addict - she is so fixated on her next "trip" that she displays an apparent lack of empathy, especially for "dealers" who don't deliver the good stuff.
Hopefully Zii didn't move out, particularly not because of her current jealously/frustration/loneliness. Amber seemed to be the *default* bang buddy, yet I recall she has a boyfriend now (though, not explicitly monogamous as of yet).

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Ooookay, Im quite tolerant, but Didi's gone too far for me...

Mr Picky

Post by Mr Picky »

Chanelling her inner B.A Barracus in the second panel there.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Typical selfish Zii, when the going gets tough she gets going.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Wait, what is so terrible about Didi leaving Gary? Did we expect her to cuddle with him for the few remaining hours of night?

I mean it'd be another thing if this whole fiasco had been presented as anything other than Didi trying to find another way to orgasm, it's not like she gave any impression to Gary or Zii that she was looking for a new lover.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Jackass Mask wrote:As I'm sure has been discussed to death, Didi is a truly selfish person when it comes to getting her orgasm.
Yep.
Jackass Mask wrote:Hopefully she starts to acknowledge the situation and doesn't proceed to make it all about herself and what shes going to do now to get her orgasm.
That would require either that she recognise her own fault - and DiDi has the self-knowledge of a stick of wood - or that somebody she'll listen to points it out to her - and there's no obvious candidate for that job.
Jackass Mask wrote:Now we have Zii. I can understand that she is feeling frustrated about where her life is right now, especially in her relationship status. But I think up and moving out in the middle of the night is a bit of an extreme reaction. Maybe, and I'm hoping here, she has just packed up and is taking an impromptu vacation to somewhere to recharge her batteries.
She's not just grabbed a bag; she's emptied all her drawers and left them open. That's comic-book iconography for "moved out". She'll come back eventually for the sake of the story, of course, but there'll be some kind of shenanigans involved in bringing that about.

The mildly interesting question is where she's gone. She could decide to live in her van for a while again, but there are better alternatives. She's never seemed to have a family to go home to, and anyhow that's not this comic's style. So the obvious option is for her to impose on Amber and Dillon for a while - which might at least be nice for the sad folk among us still missing Sticky Dilly Buns. (We might even find what happened with Ruby and Andy.)
SailorDh wrote:Typical selfish Zii, when the going gets tough she gets going.
It's not really selfishness - she's not knowingly hurting anyone else by this. (She's accidentally and unknowingly hurting DiDi, but, y'know, cry me a river over that.) It's arguably typical Zii short-term irresponsibility; when things go bad for her, she usually runs away rather than facing the problem and actually resolving it. But in this case, I'd give her a pass; she may not be in love with DiDi, or know she's in love with Gary, but she's deep in lust with the former and emotionally confused about the latter, so DiDi banging Gary for hours at a time in the next room, doubtless very audibly, is going to be quite seriously rough for her. Getting the hell out of the place, at least for a little while, may just be her best option.

I'm a great believer in the principle that sometimes you have to know when to walk away (or when to run).
Varanus wrote:Wait, what is so terrible about Didi leaving Gary? Did we expect her to cuddle with him for the few remaining hours of night?
Well, some people would consider that only polite. But more to the point, the guy is exhausted to the point of comedy death; she's been using him for hours, and now she's discarding him like a used tissue. On top of which, having walked away from Zii without a backward glance, she's charging into Zii's room to demand sexual services after all.

Honestly, her lack of empathy sometimes looks less "autistic spectrum" than "psychopath".
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Yeah, I'm really not surprised by this, there really did seem to be a high chance of her moving out (cutting away from her and staying away all night seemed rather telling). Zii has to do what's best for Zii and this may well be it.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Zii could be living out of her van now. She could also make a small living space in their recording studio. Insert Izzy into the mix now, oh vey. Or maybe, she'll go over to Sonya's.

I'm not surprised that she left, although with the 'paper-thin' walls of the apartment I am a little surprised that no one heard it. Granted, it would have ruined the comedy plus the hanky-panky... not to mention dull the point about Didi & Gary being obsessed with their moment. Just injecting some realism in probably where it doesn't belong. But I also expect she'll be back soon enough... hopefully when *everyone* has a nice sit down to figure out how their head is attached.

Didi, yeah, where to start there. Drug addict is a good enough comparison.

I expect Kiley (or Peggy or Jung even) are going to have to be some voice of reason soon. Izzy & Yuki, as much as they are able to mess up a problem, might actually do some damage enough to jury-rig the main cast back together. Gary will probably confide in Matt that he was unable to give Didi an orgasm, and Kiley will be his next choice to get counselling from. Didi will go to the wrestling school and someone there will be her confidant... and somehow this information getting leaked to Annie Conda. Drama ensues.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Alexander Collins

Post by Alexander Collins »

I really hope that Gary can find Zii and talk about this. I don't know about Zii moving back but if them getting it on is the only way to save their friendship them so be it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

The rehearsal studio seems to be rented by the hour, and the snag with Sonya's place, for Zii, is that Zii tries to keep Sonya at arms' length. But we'll see.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Shazam

Post by Shazam »

I'm more curious if Zii realized it was Gary that had her more upset than Didi.

She has never been good about emotional attachment. Sex is sex, but realizing she's got feelings for Gary makes more sense as a reason to move out.