13-04-17 Go on Lita

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

John Matrix

Re: 13-04-17 Go on Lita

Post by John Matrix »

Spidrift wrote:But I'm pretty sure that he's touched DiDi's breasts before now. Though the ensuing blood pressure drop may have caused a Transient Global Amnesia effect, I guess.
You're correct. It was way back when he was "dating" Yuki, and DiDi offered to let Gary draw her nude. They decided that to really capture her essence, Gary had to feel her up.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

DocMesa wrote:Well, it finally happened. My thought was that Didi was going to be the one woman that the SGR *didn't* work on.

At the very least I hope we get a change in view so that Raamyah (?sp) gets another image to add to their avatar.
That would be terrible.

Besides, there's already been one that his swirly didn't seem to have an overly effective effect on, Sonya.

My guess is, after she's done being happy with Gary, the awkwardness will be, that she doesn't actually love Gary and will move on to one of the wrestlers (Roxy?) while Zii is jealous of Gary and won't hide it at all.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:It's been awhile since we've seen Zii interact with Lita now that i think of it.
Not since September 2015, I think.
John Matrix wrote:
Spidrift wrote:But I'm pretty sure that he's touched DiDi's breasts before now. Though the ensuing blood pressure drop may have caused a Transient Global Amnesia effect, I guess.
You're correct. It was way back when he was "dating" Yuki, and DiDi offered to let Gary draw her nude. They decided that to really capture her essence, Gary had to feel her up.
That's what I thought; I just wasn't in a position to check.
JoybuzzerX wrote:Besides, there's already been one that his swirly didn't seem to have an overly effective effect on, Sonya.
It made her head spin; she clearly enjoyed it. But it didn't compensate for how boring Gary was in bed in other ways. Sonya is all about the novelty and drama; the swirly just wasn't enough once she got bored.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I think the Swirly was quite effective on Sonya. I just think her love of drama & Zii combined with Gary the Younger's lack of experience (and drama) that caused her to break it off with Gary. She did not deny it was a powerful tool, but she wanted other things from out of the relationship (and/or was just interested in Gary to piss off Yuki; did I mention drama?).

I expect that the Swirly might actually not work on Didi, or at the least, not as much as it does the others who've received it. Kiley was able to get Didi to get Didi off because of using her mouth verbally, helping to place Didi in the mood while at the same time pleasuring her. Unless Gary learns to throw his voice, which would be disturbing btw, I think that a crucial part of Didi's requirements for orgasm won't be met. Combining that with even the slightest pang of regret over losing Kiley, or Didi herself trying too hard, and Gary will join the others in the long line of not being able to please Didi. Plus let's not forget that the rest of Gary's harem (or potential girl-friends) might have something to say about a Gary/Didi hook-up... and even more so if he gets the stereotypical Didi smother-treatment.

Now as for Gary, he's acting (granted: much more nerdy) like how the others who've gotten their hands on Didi's goods. He's thinking about his satisfaction and gratification and his accomplishment, rather than focusing on her. The Didi effect does that, so there's nothing new about it. Matt was trying his damnedest to get her to cum, and apparently came pretty close at times (before hot sauce or Yuki-kick incidents); he was using his wide array of techniques and smarminess to make her feel good... but it wasn't enough.

I could be wrong, and hat's off to Gary if he lives through the night. Zii would relish his 'failure' and be even more inconsolable if he succeeded. Poor Lita.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

odalzara

Post by odalzara »

Spidrift wrote:
'J' wrote:Actually, weren't most Greek tragedies based on crap happening to people because their gods were assholes?
Well, the gods were often assholes. But the classic theory of tragedy says that the protagonist gets clobbered because of hamartia - a tragic personal flaw.

Zii's hamartia is, well, vanity or greed... Or immaturity, which is the root of the other stuff with her. This has led to tragedy for her, though it's only likely to be temporary, because the gods of her universe aren't assholes. She's a tragic heroine because she has other virtues, which her hamartia overshadows.
Cortez wrote:I wonder if Zii is jealous of Gary, DiDi, or both.
Both, together and separately. She's physically attracted to DiDi, emotionally attracted to and curious about Gary - but she overreached, and so she not only got neither, she has to listen to them together.

Which is why she's strangling Lita, who doubtless feels like the victim in all this.
not really, hamartia as a tragic concept began in the "pointikees" of aristotle so isn´t really a general theory but aristotle point of view
second hamartia doesn´t represent an inherent flaw,that doesn´t go well with the greek concept of dike(arbitrary justice) so important in the tragedies but one objective action that fuck up your life, you can be devoided of greed your whole life but make one greedy act just one time and still suffer a tragic punishment, that´s why is tragic, according to aritsotle the tragic act is tragic because the mortal didn´t even know he committed such act until is to late
but you don´t have to take aristotle as the only possible interpretation of the tragic mythos, there´s other authors who dopný use the concept of hamartia
the general concensus in philology is that the tragic justice is delivered when a mortal offends (denied the divinity of) a god in one way or another

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

neck break as Didi reaches first big O caused by a male or says "you better than Kiley" to hammer poor Zii even more

BTW

Raamyah needs to ask Giz to do faces of the 4 girls during Gary's birthday reaching it to add to his Avatar
ImageImage

unpoeticmotions

Post by unpoeticmotions »

Im really surprised that no one drew parallels with the page where zii had sex with yuki and gary could hear them do it. Granted neither of these moments were done with malice, but I thought it was fun to see how this went full circle.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

worldshaking00 wrote:I think the Swirly was quite effective on Sonya. I just think her love of drama & Zii combined with Gary the Younger's lack of experience (and drama) that caused her to break it off with Gary. She did not deny it was a powerful tool, but she wanted other things from out of the relationship (and/or was just interested in Gary to piss off Yuki; did I mention drama?).

I expect that the Swirly might actually not work on Didi, or at the least, not as much as it does the others who've received it. Kiley was able to get Didi to get Didi off because of using her mouth verbally, helping to place Didi in the mood while at the same time pleasuring her. Unless Gary learns to throw his voice, which would be disturbing btw, I think that a crucial part of Didi's requirements for orgasm won't be met. Combining that with even the slightest pang of regret over losing Kiley, or Didi herself trying too hard, and Gary will join the others in the long line of not being able to please Didi. Plus let's not forget that the rest of Gary's harem (or potential girl-friends) might have something to say about a Gary/Didi hook-up... and even more so if he gets the stereotypical Didi smother-treatment.
The SGR alone has already been shown to not be enough by itself to help Gary keep a woman. Even before Sonya there was Kiley, who still dumped him even after having her mind blown by said SGR. Yuki was addicted to Gary's magical tongue for awhile, but even she eventually dumped him (after coming to realize what a crappy girlfriend she was being to him).

So even if Gary gets DiDi to orgasm (and survives ;) ) it does not mean he will become DiDi's "forever guy". More likely he'll be her rebound and be smothered by her for awhile, until she realizes she doesn't love him - and furthermore can't stand his geeky/nerdy ways - and also dumps him. Meanwhile it would be fun to see poor, poor Zii :ymdevil: go green as She-Hulk with envy over DiDi parading Gary around as her "l'amour".
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

AnUnconcernedCitizen

Post by AnUnconcernedCitizen »

Wow, I actually got a little teary-eyed over that last panel out of sympathy. As someone else questioned, is she more upset that she lost Didi to Gary, or Gary to Didi? Judging by the fact that she grabs Lita when Gary's SGR is mentioned, it appears that it's more the latter (although probably not by much). Now we get to see if Didi has lost her orgasm problem; the only victory Zii can hope to take is if Gary isn't able to get her there.

That all being said, I find it funny that Gary is narrating what he's doing as if he's talking to someone about it over the phone.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

worldshaking00 wrote:I expect that the Swirly might actually not work on Didi, or at the least, not as much as it does the others who've received it. Kiley was able to get Didi to get Didi off because of using her mouth verbally, helping to place Didi in the mood while at the same time pleasuring her. Unless Gary learns to throw his voice, which would be disturbing btw, I think that a crucial part of Didi's requirements for orgasm won't be met.
On that note, do we have any evidence Kiley continued to give Didi the emotional foreplay after that initial orgasm? She seemed so uncomfortable once Didi started treating her like a girlfriend that its hard to imagine she was able to keep saying she loved Didi and such. It seemed to me more that the initial time cemented so strongly in Didi's mind the idea that Kiley loved her that afterward she didn't need the positive reinforcement to get an orgasm from her.

Now how would this apply to Gary? Well Didi has long been fairly convinced the SGR could work on her, and now she also has it cemented in her head that "comforting" each other like this is something friends do. That might be all the emotional arousal/foreplay that she needs now.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:I expect that the Swirly might actually not work on Didi, or at the least, not as much as it does the others who've received it.
Well, the little heart in her speech balloon suggests that she's enjoying it so far. It remains to be seen whether things develop fully.

It would be perfectly plausible if the writers decided that, basically, the dam has broken with DiDi; now that she's determined that she can reach orgasm, she'll be much more relaxed, and hence able to get there with any tolerably competent lover. (Though there'd surely always be the danger that the DiDi Effect would cause some of them to suffer prematurity.) Of course, if Gary's magic tongue is the first thing to take advantage of this development, DiDi will instantly declare it wonderful, on a par with her beloved but departed Kiley, and demand possession of Gary.
worldshaking00 wrote:Plus let's not forget that the rest of Gary's harem (or potential girl-friends) might have something to say about a Gary/Didi hook-up...
"You lucky, lucky bastard", I imagine. Most of them are somewhat bi, at least for DiDi, and while any woman is likely to get jealous and possessive of their boyfriend around DiDi (hence her shortage of female friends), most would I think have the honesty to admit that Gary can't be blamed for succumbing to DiDi's advances when given the chance, especially as none of them have an exclusive claim on him right now.

Zii's an emotional mess, of course, and Yuki might get twitchy given her long-term intentions, but Peggy would likely mostly go ""Wow, you go guy", Sonya would squint and contemplate the potential for delicious chaos, and Kiley would surely have the sense to be grateful that somebody was distracting DiDi.
worldshaking00 wrote:Now as for Gary, he's acting (granted: much more nerdy) like how the others who've gotten their hands on Didi's goods.
Yeah, he's verbalising what's actually the 100% standard male reaction to DiDi. Uncool, but honest at least.
themacnut wrote:The SGR alone has already been shown to not be enough by itself to help Gary keep a woman.
Yeah, all jokes about Gary being the crystal meth of lovers (it's all about the purity) aside, it is possible for a woman to decide that his tongue isn't enough to sustain an entire relationship. DiDi, though, is a woman of simple tastes and desires.
themacnut wrote:So even if Gary gets DiDi to orgasm (and survives ;) ) it does not mean he will become DiDi's "forever guy". More likely he'll be her rebound and be smothered by her for awhile, until she realizes she doesn't love him - and furthermore can't stand his geeky/nerdy ways - and also dumps him.
The only thing I'd really question there is the idea that DiDi would notice that Gary was too nerdy for her. She's at least as self-absorbed as Senna. If something doesn't affect the chances of DiDi getting what she wants, and isn't a cute puppy or equivalent, it really doesn't matter to DiDi. She'd just tune him out when he was being geeky.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

edisnooM

Post by edisnooM »

I do wonder if Gary's well documented fascination with the female body will be in his favour when it comes to satisfying Didi. Even in his narration here his greatest exclamations are of him being able to touch and "service" her rather than seeing to his own gratification (the argument can be made that is his gratification I suppose), while I seem to recall when discussing her previous boyfriends most of them seemed more interested in getting themselves to completion.

Also that last panel, it could be sadness but I'm sort of wondering if it could be building anger too. A random thought I had would be that Zii snaps, rushes into the room in a fit and through misunderstanding, and narrative hoops and ladders (as well as the gravitational pull of the current happenings in the room) is pulled into mix. Unlikely I grant you, but a lot of the stuff happening at the moment is unlikely. :)

Nightmaster

Post by Nightmaster »

People here like to forget about the tittle of this webcomic... get real guys. That trio (Gary/Zii/Didi) is bound to end together at the end of the series.

John Matrix

Post by John Matrix »

Speaking as someone who's always been critical of this series' pacing, I can appreciate that Gary and DiDi don't seem to be getting interrupted. It may have taken a long time to happen, but at least it's happening.

bejammin2000

Post by bejammin2000 »

I may be in the minority, but I'm enjoying all the schadenfreude built up over Zii having to listen to Didi and Gary have sex in the next room.