Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

04-04-17 Do not make me beg

Post by Giz »

Spidrift

Re: 04-04-17 Do not make me beg

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, DiDi scores a total fail at the art of basic human interaction. It's funny; the art on her has improved hugely from her early "Giant Barbie Doll" look to this plausibly voluptuous woman (is it just me, or is she looking especially Junoesque and a tiny bit saggy in this strip?), while her personality has Flanderized from "ditzy" to "pathologically asocial".

She's also mastered comedy teleportation, but she's always had supernatural powers. Now, has Gary gone out for some late-night shopping, or does he need a tungsten spine and pelvis?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

What Gary really needs is a football helmet! :))

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...have you tried asking politely?

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

I think Didi went to where Gary "is just there", so I assume she just went to Gary's room
ImageImage

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

"Comedy teleportation!" now that's a great term for scenes like this! ;)

And if this were animated I would imagine one of Zii's eyes would be twitching slightly in that last panel.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Final panel with Zii's expression is absolutely brilliant!

I also could imagine the eye twitching to begin as she is simultaneously brought to desperation and frustration with DiDi.

RemoWilliams

Post by RemoWilliams »

Face it, Zii.

You have a looooooot of sexual bad karma built up.

Remo Williams,
The Master of Sinanju.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:...have you tried asking politely?
Well, yes, she has, as of these last few strips. But Zii preserves a certain minimum of social delicacy, so she's not going actually to say "Please can we fuck?"
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Funny thing is, assuming Didi knows what Zii wants (and I think its fair to say she does given past events), she's basically doing the same thing Kiley did to her. Namely refuse and then make a run for it to avoid having to talk any more.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Didi usual has difficulty with Slang and regional terms that are outside of her ( I assume) very isolated place of birth where there was no TV and such in her childhood, like maybe in the deep mountains of the Laurentians? And also with metaphorical language.

she has to be spoken in direct, non ambiguous terms

that means

"Didi, I want to go to your place and have sex with you"

no "My sweet Didi, I want to embrace you and bring you to depths you have never reached at your magic box" as her first thing in her mind to ask would be "You a magician? but I am sorry, I do not have any magic box, we would have to use yours"
ImageImage

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Varanus wrote:Funny thing is, assuming Didi knows what Zii wants (and I think its fair to say she does given past events), she's basically doing the same thing Kiley did to her.
I don't assume that DiDi "knows" anything, really. She seems to be written as going through life in a pink fog in which the only things that have any reality are What DiDi Likes and What DiDi Wants.
---------
Spidrift

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

I'm somewhat confused about bedroom locations.

I *think* that originally, Zii took Didi back to Zii's room for "consolation backrub time"; this is the room the Blunder Twins are still in, reveling in their good fortune at getting theme music.

Just now, I am of the impression that Zii's plea to Didi to "not make me beg" resulted in Didi acquiescing, and going to DIDI's room for the night, thus skipping Gary.

However, many of the previous comments seem to feel that Didi went into Gary's room, and there's more shenanigans to come (phrasing, I know). Who can tell me what's really happening, here?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

No, DiDi just dived into Gary's room, doubtless expecting to find Gary there. "Bonne nuit" means "goodnight" - not something one says to someone one is about to goink, even leaving aside the fact that DiDi left Zii standing alone.
---------
Spidrift

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

Plus her assuring Zii she would not make her beg and then vanishing to me seemed to mean "I won't continue discussing this with you, I'll just continue what I was doing, therefore you won't have to beg."