Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

23-03-17 I could be taking advantage

Post by Giz »

True_Avery

Re: 23-03-17 I could be taking advantage

Post by True_Avery »

Ok, so I feel like some people may get upset over this, but I dunno I laughed at this page. Zii is being comically evil - she is trying to force someone who just got dumped by the first love (from Didi's perspective) of her life into practically coerced rebound sex on the sole idea of getting off, because she knows Didi is impressionable and vulnerable right now and sees this as her shot. Taken at face value, this is borderline, if not easily crossing into the single most evil thing one person has done to another in this comic-verse; like if Cammi didn't stop with drunk Sandra levels, but somehow even worse because this is actively and soberly premeditated.

I can't even get mad - this is fully turned me to the side of "Zii is fucking evil" and now I am looking forward to seeing just how far this can go. I was on the fence for a long time on the ethics of this comic universe, but fuck it: Give me Galaxia's Bracelets and lets see how evil this can get.

*Snaps them on and offers another pair to worldshaking00*
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Hogan

Post by Hogan »

Looks like it was Zii's arguments that rebounded... :))

ven

Post by ven »

As long as Zii gets none, everything is fine, she really deserves to be the Gary of this comic for a while. Makes sense since Gary is kind of likeable and Zii is not.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

I'm hopin' they rebound together, so whoever Didi meets next doesn't have to worry on that front.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

cue in 2 girls getting swirled, and making "poor Zii" even more frustated
ImageImage

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Good, serves the cockblocking wing girl right. She cockblocked herself.

Badman!

Post by Badman! »

Lol.

Zii'snot only bad at being good, she's bad at being... bad ?

MoonshadowDark

Post by MoonshadowDark »

Wah wah waaaaaaah!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

One would really think that by now, Zii would know DiDi well enough to see that the idea of being subtle or indirect with her is just frickin' stupid. Honestly, people talk about Sonya being dumb, but she's just little dim sometimes; she operates on the normal human range of thought. DiDi is so utterly clueless that it hurts. Zii would be seriously better off if she just said "I know what would make you feel better; let's fuck."

The funny thing is, Zii (weirdly) not recognising this makes her behaviour a small notch less evil. With most people, this kind of flagrant lying would kind of count as jokey flirtation. She could assume that the other party understood what was going on at some level, and could choose to join in the game if they wished, or not. (Cf. the first Sonya encounter.) DiDi, though, is reacting to a fairly open joke totally seriously, which often makes a joke accidentally cruel.

Also, even if she's never rebounded herself, one would think that DiDi had seen enough movies to know what "rebound" meant. She's being written as some kind of alien with no idea about hue-mann social interaction (and shy nipples that can hide behind a few strands of hair).
True_Avery wrote:I can't even get mad - this is fully turned me to the side of "Zii is fucking evil" and now I am looking forward to seeing just how far this can go.
It's not at all pretty, certainly. But I think one just has to accept that "free will" (like "integrity of personality") is pretty much a fiction in the Ma3 universe. DiDi is so sexually attractive that Zii, without being demonically, theologically "evil", is pretty much incapable of not taking this chance of a run at her. She's been exposed to the DiDi effect for months, and DiDi had got under her skin from the first meeting on. She's a totally addicted junkie jonesing for a hit (and the fact that she's never actually had a hit before makes it worse, not better) -- and as with any badly behaved junkie, the first priority is getting her clean first.

It's not like sex-related addictive behaviour is unprecedented in this comic, even. Remember the power of the swirlie.

(Oh, and "free will" and "integrity of personality" may be largely fictional in reality, too. But we humans do love our little illusions.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Passing Through wrote:I'm hopin' they rebound together, so whoever Didi meets next doesn't have to worry on that front.
That's what I've been thinking. If Zii takes the bullet as Didi's rebound then her next serious partner could be either Lynn or Roxie. However, I'm thinking this will fall through and Lynn will be the unfortunate rebound which will put Roxie in position to be her first real girlfriend.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Seems like Zii played herself here.

Nightmaster

Post by Nightmaster »

True_Avery wrote:Ok, so I feel like some people may get upset over this, but I dunno I laughed at this page. Zii is being comically evil - she is trying to force someone who just got dumped by the first love (from Didi's perspective) of her life into practically coerced rebound sex on the sole idea of getting off, because she knows Didi is impressionable and vulnerable right now and sees this as her shot. Taken at face value, this is borderline, if not easily crossing into the single most evil thing one person has done to another in this comic-verse; like if Cammi didn't stop with drunk Sandra levels, but somehow even worse because this is actively and soberly premeditated.

I can't even get mad - this is fully turned me to the side of "Zii is fucking evil" and now I am looking forward to seeing just how far this can go. I was on the fence for a long time on the ethics of this comic universe, but fuck it: Give me Galaxia's Bracelets and lets see how evil this can get.
Dont worry... Zii got herself out of the equation with her own words here. Most probably Didi is gonna refuse the whole thing now that she "understand" that she (Didi) could be taking advantage of poor Zii 8-}

Zii is gonna tear his own hair because of her stupidity =))

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Yep, Zii most likely just talked herself out of her shot with DiDi. Like wiseguy, I'm expecting Gary to "score" with Maura (and maybe Tess as well) and for Zii to be frustrated by the loud sex noises of her/them getting Swirlied. In that case, poor, poor Zii. :ymdevil:
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

I know Zii is acting like garbage here, but I shudder at the thought of Lynn being Didi's next "serious" relationship.
Their entire interaction to this point was Lynn signing her phone number on Didi's breasts.
And Roxxie is mostly an arrogant pile of anger. Unless she's mighty god-queen of the tsundere (and I'm not saying she isn't) that would be incomprehensible.

Also, I think it's probably more in-form for this comic if Tess drags Maura away from Gary to run interference on Lynn's behalf (though that might not be necessary). That way nobody gets any tonight.