16-03-17 Wrestler without a partenaire

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

LegendaryKroc

Re: 16-03-17 Wrestler without a partenaire

Post by LegendaryKroc »

leann123 wrote:Ugh, I wanted to see where the Zii and Gary thing was going... Well at least we get to see the 3 together for once. How long has it been?
Feels like it's been years since we've seen all three together at the same time. Of course, I could be exaggerating...

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Even if Maura and Tess are still at the apartment I doubt they would end up in bed with Gary because they both seem to have their sights set on that Damien guy.

Vitocap

Post by Vitocap »

"D2!"
"Battleship sunk."

Last edited by Vitocap on Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
We, the old ghosts of Pizen Bluff, who still roam about this dead forum screaming imprecations at the characters and whatnot.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

samtheman wrote:Even if Maura and Tess are still at the apartment I doubt they would end up in bed with Gary because they both seem to have their sights set on that Damien guy.
I'm trying to imagine anything that would make Maura and Tess want to go to the carnival (featuring the famous Swirly-go-round).
I'm failing.
But if Tatiana can fall prey to the Gary effect, pretty much anybody can.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zero points to Zii for not spotting the obvious; one thing to be said for an oral sex technique is that it prevents the user from saying stupid things.
Cortez wrote:So did Zii already know DiDi was training to be a wrestler?
Not necessarily. She may just think that DiDi is using weird metaphors (DiDi has done stranger stuff), and having her imagination take off from there. But we'll see.

It does seem that Zii knows a bit about wrestling in general, though.
UnsightlyWalrus wrote:Fuck you, Didi.
You'd have to join the queue of people wishing to...
worldshaking00 wrote:Didi certainly is confused, mixing her wrestling life with her (presumed, now ended) lesbian relationship with Kiley. I don't really know what to take from her statement. Yes, she is a wrestler-in-training but Kiley never was her wrestling buddy.
She's just mining her current interest for metaphors.
edisnooM wrote:Dangit, we were so close to Gary and Zii.
It's a big jump for Zii. She's likely to take a while to get there even without DiDi interruptions. Especially in a comedy.
JoybuzzerX wrote:I take this to show that Zii and Gary are not meant to be. She'll give up/cheat on Gary anytime she has a chance when confronted by a chance with Didi.
Possibly not once she's experienced the swirly. What's better; being in the vicinity of a pair of huge tits, or actually having an amazing genital experience?
Maechris wrote:It's too early to judge but if the Didi effect is enough to overcome one of Zii's more positive character aspects (she was always supportive and friendly-helpy to people right after their breakups), then it is not actually healthy, no.
We'll see. It's possible that this is little more than a one-panel fantasy for Zii. Someone can be a perfectly decent person and still have momentary fantasies of pure selfish greed.
samtheman wrote:Even if Maura and Tess are still at the apartment I doubt they would end up in bed with Gary because they both seem to have their sights set on that Damien guy.
Well, they certainly fancy him. But this is Ma3, not a Victorian romance; somebody can fancy one person, in principle, and still willingly and enthusiastically end up in bed with another.

There's no particular reason for them to end up goinking Gary right now, though.
GKNolan wrote:I'm trying to imagine anything that would make Maura and Tess want to go to the carnival (featuring the famous Swirly-go-round).
I'm failing.
Like I said, no particular reason. If I had to script it, the plot would probably involve them having heard about the swirly from somewhere, and being unable to resist giving it a try. Alternatively, Zii could break out the booze for use in consoling DiDi, everyone could end up indulging, and we could get, essentially, a retread of flight to Paris, with Gary complaining that he doesn't understand women, the Tempests complaining about memories of Bobbie, and the three of them ending up engaging in drunken mutual consolation sex.
GKNolan wrote:But if Tatiana can fall prey to the Gary effect, pretty much anybody can.
Well, yes, that's really the one good reason why it should happen, for pure comedy/running gag purposes.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Varanus

Post by Varanus »

I almost want Zii to get her wish to bed Didi, only for it to end horribly when she as well fails to please her. If only to see what it would do to Zii's evolving self-image. If Kiley's success is any indication then Didi needs someone a lot more "sappy" (for lack of a better word) than Zii wants to be.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote: Well, they certainly fancy him. But this is Ma3, not a Victorian romance; somebody can fancy one person, in principle, and still willingly and enthusiastically end up in bed with another.
Right and we'very seen the lust after other guys too. They might be into Damien, but they have closed the door to hooking up with other guys.

Abraxas

Post by Abraxas »

... So its back to the Zii really wants to lay Didi subplot

Its like a bunch of Boomerangs coming back!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

More that the boomerangs never left. Zii's fixation on DiDi has never been resolved, so it's actually only logical that it might show up again now.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Yes, indeed. The "Zii wants to zoink DiDi" subplot never dropped off. It was merely Put On a Bus. The Bus Came Back. Still, it was a Long Bus Trip. I for one am glad it's made a comeback. I was beginning to think They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot.

...Don't look at me like that. I'm a proud TV Troper and I don't care if it's ruining my life.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Spidrift wrote:Possibly not once she's experienced the swirly. What's better; being in the vicinity of a pair of huge tits, or actually having an amazing genital experience?
Logically I agree. But this is the same woman who (with Dillon) rolled around pictures of naked guys. Pictures. Zii is undoubtedly attracted to visual stimuli.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

gormadoc

Post by gormadoc »

LegendaryKroc wrote:Feels like it's been years since we've seen all three together at the same time. Of course, I could be exaggerating...
Not an exaggeration, because I think this was the last one: http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/sure ... an_up_nice

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

A random thought, but do any of the women in this typically wear a bra under their shirts? Or are they all members of Militaires Sans Brassieres?
This is getting out of hand.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Oooh. Driven off by shore fire. Not that that particular ship was going to make port any time soon. Even without Didi related shenanigans Zii or Gary would have fumbled something. If anything this is a /good/ thing. Neither of them can handle the other yet, Gary actually pulling ahead in the character development department until recently, and this particular defusing device is both funny and ensures neither manages to do any damage via foot-in-mouth disorder. Plus as said, it brings that plot boomerang back up. Didi is the proverbial albatross around Zii's neck, and she's gotta clear that, with multiple potential character changing moments possible, up to and including a near death experience from dry land drowning in Didi's cavernous cleavage.

That said, whatever happens I'm going to slink over to the corner of the room hoping for Gary to end up in bed with Didi's wrestling friends somehow. Just to mess with Zii.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

I shall put on my Big Furry Modhat, and declare that henceforth, all of DiDi's dialogue has to be read in this voice:

ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)