Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

11-03-17 Hang in the van

Post by Giz »

True_Avery

Re: 11-03-17 Hang in the van

Post by True_Avery »

I could really go for a car with a mattress; would help so much with school. I do have an inflatable bed I put in the back of my sedan, but being 6'2" I can't really comfortably fit back there without resting in the fetal position.

Also, just fuck already
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Gary being the loveable idiot. Gotta love it.

Also, Zii, don't have any accidents in the van... in more ways than one. :-ss

Didi will probably want the consolation, but no clue if Maura & Tess will be there. Politeness would dictate that they exit stage right now, unless Didi & them are having a cry-a-thon. In an odd twist, they could all three be watching le wrestling again after the commercial break and Didi is just remarking "Kiley who?" It would be nice for Didi to have learned something here, but she could short circuit and try to forget the event due to the trauma. I expect not, and that she will be a crying mess when Zii & Gary screech home. Just trying to imagine the punchline for future strips involving Didi being so sad... without imagining baby seals being clubbed or puppies beaten.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, fear of commitment taking a whole new form...
True_Avery wrote:I could really go for a car with a mattress; would help so much with school.
Plus a bumper sticker saying "Don't laugh, it's your daughter inside"?
worldshaking00 wrote:Gary being the loveable idiot. Gotta love it.
To be fair, he's only being mildly oblivious at this point.
worldshaking00 wrote:Didi will probably want the consolation, but no clue if Maura & Tess will be there. Politeness would dictate that they exit stage right now, unless Didi & them are having a cry-a-thon.
I'm no expert on the etiquette or the practicalities in such situations, but I'm not sure that one should rush out too quickly on someone who's quite so obviously badly upset. They may well want that shoulder to cry on, and one should probably at least check that they aren't about to go off on some crazy self-destructive jag.

Maura and Tess may well withdraw after DiDi's older friends get home, though. Zii and Gary finding out about DiDi's new interest, and Zii perhaps getting a sense that DiDi is rebounding off in a new direction (token damnit!), could add plot twists, along with Zii getting angry at Kiley again.

Hmm. What are the odds of Gary recognising Maura and Tess from the local TV wrestling? Probably low, actually, given that they fight masked.
worldshaking00 wrote:In an odd twist, they could all three be watching le wrestling again after the commercial break and Didi is just remarking "Kiley who?"
Well, it could be a legitimate way to take DiDi's mind off the sadness.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Spidrift wrote:Plus a bumper sticker saying "Don't laugh, it's your daughter inside"?
... You are an intelligent person. You have both stunned me silent at how brilliant that would be, and made me want a crappy car with a mattress in the back even more.

brb, crashing car for insurance money
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

brasca

Post by brasca »

Well for those preferring Gary & Zii's subplot over the wrestling one it would appear that both will soon collide. Literally if Zii isn't careful.
worldshaking00 wrote:Gary being the loveable idiot. Gotta love it.
What's he supposed to say? Gary may be getting smoother with the ladies, but he half jokingly broached the subject of taking a tumble with her before and she brushed him off. He could try again, but sometimes it's best not to repeat the same joke.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

All that's missing is some van art, and the 70s will call to ask for their van back! :))
True_Avery wrote:Also, just fuck already
My sentiments exactly. :)

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Zii's face in the third panel cracked me up. Maybe Gary and Zii will run into Kiley as she's leaving the apartment.

FlashD81

Post by FlashD81 »

Zii side steps the issue while Gary keeps pressing her buttons. :))
True_Avery wrote:Also, just fuck already
Seriously this!
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel
We'll Bang, OK

Ecchi-Spud
Wielder of the Remote

Post by Ecchi-Spud »

Did the van just go to plaid?
Many thanks to Raamyah for the avvie!!!!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

True_Avery wrote:
Spidrift wrote:Plus a bumper sticker saying "Don't laugh, it's your daughter inside"?
You are an intelligent person.
Well, I have pieces of paper saying so...
You have both stunned me silent at how brilliant that would be, and made me want a crappy car with a mattress in the back even more.
Note to self: 2017 lesbians like the same jokes as laddish douchebros from the 1970s...
Ecchi-Spud wrote:Did the van just go to plaid?
Tartan, sonny, tartan,y'ken? Okay, maybe slightly blue-shifted tartan.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

what if...........................

Maura and Tess Leave before Zii and Gary get there

and they come to a Didi eager and begging for "consolation sex"? can they handle that? *specially Zii
ImageImage

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

I'm even more in favor now of Zii, in a panic, deciding and suggesting that Gary and Didi pretend to be dating in front of Kiley in order to induce jealousy. Panic, of course, because she doesn't want to admit that she's finding Gary attractive.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

ah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! would not Kiley be jealous that Gary found someone more than Didi finding someone? or would that be double jealousy? plus if Zii does that, Didi and Gary might find out they are perfect for each other, leading to Zii being one listening to Didi and Gary instead of both Gary and Zii listening to Didi with someone in the past through the wall
ImageImage

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...remind me again why Zii doesn't want to be attracted to Gary?