Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

09-03-17 Is this what breaking up feels like

Post by Giz »

Spidrift

Re: 09-03-17 Is this what breaking up feels like

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, pretty much as people have been predicting. Just so long as DiDi doesn't start singing Ronettes covers.

But it's Maura and Tess I'm looking at hardest here. Seems like those girls have always had a lot in common. But presumably, scumbag Bobbie had a lot of charm, until he didn't.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

As long as she doesn't stay heartbroken for too long, this is good. Her next relationship ought to be much healthier one, for both parties involved.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Now the comic will probably snap back to Gary and Zii only to have their conversation interrupted by Didi calling Zii's phone with Didi weeping and telling Zii that Kiley broke up with her. Zii will see this as a new chance to bag Didi meaning she will ditch Gary and rush back to the apartment in order to "console" poor Didi. Gary is confused for a moment but then goes back to drinking his coffee.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I've considered that possibility too, but would Zii really be that opportunistic? She's had some character growth since we've met her. For that matter will Tess and Maura capitalize on this opportunity to hook DiDi up with Lynn or will they feel so sympathetic they'll forget all about why they came over until they get home?

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Drink it in, Didi. Drink it to the dregs.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Dorgengoa
BANNED

Post by Dorgengoa »

This would be a fantastic opportunity for Didi to visit that bar full of dudes she's worn and share a drink with some of them. I can easily see them going along with it.
This is getting out of hand.

GKNolan

Post by GKNolan »

brasca wrote:I've considered that possibility too, but would Zii really be that opportunistic? She's had some character growth since we've met her. For that matter will Tess and Maura capitalize on this opportunity to hook DiDi up with Lynn or will they feel so sympathetic they'll forget all about why they came over until they get home?
Ever since Eric broke up with Zii almost her entire character has involved fighting off an escalating sense of sexual frustration. She's probably going to break eventually. Whether here or in another way.

As far as Didi goes I'm reminded of an episode of Family Guy: "Is this what I've been doing to people? I belong here."

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zii might be (just) too good a person to take this as an opportunity to bed DiDi, but she would, I think, be a good enough friend that she'd consider offering DiDi a shoulder to cry on and a box of tissues to wheep into the first priority. (She's actually always shown huge sympathy for dump-ees.) On the other hand, there's no reason not to bring Gary along to help with that, at least by making the coffee.

But I think it's Maura and Tess who've drawn DiDi-comforting duty for now.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

The Maura/Tess punchline was hilarious. Those two really are joined at the hip like forever.

Yes, I think Didi's next relationship will be healthier. She is usually pretty quick at turning a frown upside down. I also expect she'll be walking on eggshells in the next relationship, being extra sweet and extra compliant. Which if her next relationship is with Lyn, I might be eating my words on it being a healthier relationship.

Tomorrow's a new day Didi, and you have friends to console with.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Thor

Post by Thor »

It's good that DiDi is getting this experience, especially since the way that went through boyfriends like Kleenex showed very little concern for them as human beings. Now, maybe, DiDi will learn a little empathy.

Growing up sucks, but it is good for you in the end.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

So yeah, Didi sad must grow up good thing relationship over happens to everyone

But, M and T boyfriend sharing -- Now that's curious. I want to study and write books about their sexuality; there are secrets locked in there I must know.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

True_Avery

Post by True_Avery »

Sweet, a KOTOR 2 reference. Fun fact, True Avery was the name of my female Main Character from KOTOR 1, made from the random name generator. Been my user name for a decade since.
Play Kindred Spirits on the Roof! Play Starlight Vega! Play Ladykiller in a Bind!

Continuity

Post by Continuity »

Didi is falling down. Didi will bounce right back up again. Her chest will have nothing to do with it.

NOW is a good time for Zii and Gary to come strolling in the door. Gary and Didi will commiserate with each other about Kiley leaving them, and Zii will feel like a 3rd wheel, again. Or she will offer the advice that the way they can get back at Kiley is for Didi and Gary to "pretend" to be dating in front of Kiley, to make her jealous.